• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cribs-Old Question New Post

crk1971

Mouseketeer
Okay,

I was told by MS that cribs that are available are only available at older resorts(i.e. BCV) and The Disney Hotels and that they are phasing out Cribs because of the continuous changes to safety regulations. The only thing availble for the rooms are pack and plays and they have already introduced these into some of the older resorts as well, they dont have cribs at OKW they have pack and plays. So, can anyone validate this information for me, I just want to be sure. I have seen some posts on here with members saying they have pushed the issue and had a crib brought to the room. Thanks in advance.

Better yet, why not contact OKW directly and ask 407-827-7700.

While I have no use for one, I have heard that cribs are not available at OKW, but can be rented from an offsite company. The safety standards and several crib recalls are a good point, it could certainly be a liability issue for Disney.

They have cribs somewhere at OKW. I prefer pack n plays. When we checked in last November, our 2br was missing the pack n play. I called housekeeping and asked them to bring me one. They brought a metal white crib instead. Because I didn't think I'd NEED a bumper guard, needless to say I hadn't packed one. So the baby would roll over in her sleep and bang her head, then let the entire family know!! Unfortunately, this is the same trip I caught Norovirus at WDW, so it wasn't the best vacation anyway.

So, long story short, if you want a crib, call housekeeping.

My little one is 3 now and in a big girl bed but a couple of years ago, we rented a crib from abbf.com when staying at OKW. It was delivered to our resort and was very easy for my husband to assemble, but it was a REAL crib with a nice thick mattress and also came with all the bedding you need including bumpers (and it's Disney themed bedding!).
When she was a baby we stayed in a few hotels in other places where we got those metal cribs and like another poster said, they are very cold and hard and don't come with anything but a sheet and the mattresses are not very nice either (and usually very skimpy in size). I never liked the idea of her sleeping for a week in the pack and play but I'd even take that over those cribs.
The crib rental only cost us about $70 for a week at WDW and it was well worth having a comfy bed for her to sleep in. I highly recommend at least checking out their website.

We've stayed at OKW three times so far (And will be there for the 4th time in less than 2 weeks!), and we've always had Pack N Plays, never real cribs. We've actually been having DS (5 months) take some naps in our Pack N Play so he'll be used to it. He even slept overnight in it and did great. I ordered some great sheets for our Pack N Play that I will be bringing with us. I think the Graco sheets are really flimsy and can be pulled off easily.

We also rented a crib from abbf.com this past January. Our daughter was 10 months old and had only taken naps in the pack n play. We were worried about her adjustment to sleeping away from home for the first time. I was under the impression that BWV had no cribs thus I rented one. It was in fact nice, all bedding included, easy to put together, etc. My only complaint was the mattress they gave us was not very firm. Our daughter had a real firm mattress at home and we thought this might be an issue for her. Apparently it wasn't as she did very good sleeping. In the future, if needed, I would rent a crib again, only this time request a more firm mattress. Cost for Sunday to Thursday was $79 I think.

Do you have a preference for actual cribs as opposed to Pack n' Plays? Personally, I think the Pack n' Plays serve the purpose fine and never have had any reason to want a crib.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter