Critique my dining - any place you think we should add or change?

Jacq7414

DIS Veteran
We are going to Disney 4th of July week and staying at BW. This will be our 5th time to Disney with our daughter and have done most character meals (Topolino’s, Chef Mickeys, Akershus, CRT, Tusker House, Storybook Dining, Garden Grill, and Crystal palace). She’s still into them but we just wanted to do 1 or 2. We do have 5 day park hoppers so we could always go to Epcot for dinner.

Sunday: Flying Fish
Mon: Crystal palace breakfast (it’s my husband’s must do every trip)
Tuesday: I don’t have anything planned meal wise this day but we did plan on doing Epcot
Wednesday: AK day - nothing planned - any ideas?
Thursday: Cape May Cafe breakfast
Friday: we are going to discovery cove this day
Saturday: we have a 7:30 pm flight home and I currently have HS park day. I can change it though to Epcot - any ideas?

ETA: we have 1 daughter who will be 7 when we go this summer. She’s well behaved and can handle sit down meals, but she’s not so adventurous eating lol. As long as their some sort of chicken or pasta/pizza on the menu she’s good though

Last edited:
For AK, I'd suggest Yak and Yeti. Get yourself a Landry's card ($25 application fee, which is refunded as a credit), and skip the line and reservation process.

For AK, I'd suggest Yak and Yeti. Get yourself a Landry's card ($25 application fee, which is refunded as a credit), and skip the line and reservation process.
Thank you! I have actually wanted to try it, can’t believe I left it off lol.

Monday and Tuesday will be crazy crowded due to the 4th. I would schedule a TS meal in Epcot on the 4th, because the lines for booths and QS return times will be crowded. If you planning on staying all day, what I would do is Coral Reef right when it opens at 11:30 and have a quiet meal by the tank, and Via Napoli or something for dinner, and then cancel one if not needed (using the 2 hour rule)

Monday and Tuesday will be crazy crowded due to the 4th. I would schedule a TS meal in Epcot on the 4th, because the lines for booths and QS return times will be crowded. If you planning on staying all day, what I would do is Coral Reef right when it opens at 11:30 and have a quiet meal by the tank, and Via Napoli or something for dinner, and then cancel one if not needed (using the 2 hour rule)
We don’t plan on staying all day. Will probably go back to the hotel for a midday break. But I do like the idea of a table service lunch. I’ve heard mixed reviews about coral reef. Is the food good there or just going for the experience?

We have found Coral Reef to be fine, not spectacular. But it is a tradition since the now adult kids were little to get there right when it opens, get a table by the tank, ad enjoy toe cool dim recesses from the heat and flurry outside. Epcot will be wall to wall people starting late afternoon, so if not staying for the craziness, you’ll be fine with lunch. There are videos on YouTube showing the length of lines at the booths on the 4th and how packed it is.

I would keep it as is. If you aren't terribly picky, you can always do QS or grab reservations or walk-ups day-of if you decide you want a TS (with the current 2-hour cancellation policy, a lot of reservations tend to open up in the mornings and afternoons). If there are only 3 of you, getting things on the fly is much easier. Since you are at BW, you could also consider the restaurants at Swan/Dolphin - bluezoo, Il Mulino, Rosa Mexicano. We also find QS in the Boardwalk area (BWI, BC, YC) to be fine.

We have not been to Coral Reef after Covid hit but we have had lunch or dinner there several times over the years and really enjoyed it. At AK we usually have lunch at Rainforest Cafe and go to Boma at AKL for dinner. For CS there is Pizzafari. At DHS our favorites are 50’s Prime Time Cafe and Hollywood Brown Derby. For CS we liked PizzaRizzo,

We ate at coral reef when we went after thanksgiving and my daughters enjoyed seeing the fish. However, they could stay in the aquarium all day

I ended up getting the following:
Bluezoo based off of someone’s recommendation here.

I booked an Ohana breakfast, but I’m unsure about if I should keep it because we already have Cape May Cafe & Topolino’s breakfast booked. Unless is Ohana better than Cape May?

My daughter wanted to go to Tusker House again, so I ended up booking that and we got the fireworks Dining package at spice road table.

We also have the fireworks post party at magic kingdom on July 3rd

For Epcot days, here are my suggestions…Biergarten, Rose n Crown, Nine Dragons or Via Napoli

For AK day, Yak and Yeti

For HS day, 50s PTC

For Discovery Cove day, a resort or DS restaurant that suits your tastes
Some we like are Steakhouse 71, Grand Floridian Cafe, Kona, Olivia’s, Geyser Point, Boathouse, Morimoto Asia, Polite Pig

I would try for Via Napoli on your Epcot day. I have one picky eater, to the point that he’s picky about what type of pizza we get🙄 But Via Napoli was a hit with everyone.

Flying Fish is fantastic and we really enjoyed it. But just an FYI, there was a limited kids menu and my picky kid didn’t want anything on it, of course. Although there might be pasta, which sounds like it would work for your daughter. Anyway, I was quietly trying to talk to him about what he would eat. Our waitress was absolutely lovely and worked out a couple of options for him. I hate asking for exceptions to be made, but she was so kind and understanding.

Sunday: Flying Fish
Mon: Crystal palace breakfast (it’s my husband’s must do every trip)
Tuesday: I don’t have anything planned meal wise this day but we did plan on doing Epcot My favorite is Via Napoli in EPCOT! The pizza is amazing and always and I'm a big fan of anything that is NOT a buffet!
Wednesday: AK day - nothing planned - any ideas? If you don't want to do a reservation, we always enjoy Flametree BBQ. Their mac and cheese with pulled pork on top is delicious! If you want a reservation, it's very predictable but my girls have always enjoyed Rainforest Cafe. It's a great break in the middle of the day--I find Animal Kingdom to be one of the HOTTEST parks for some reason.
Thursday: Cape May Cafe breakfast
Friday: we are going to discovery cove this day
Saturday: we have a 7:30 pm flight home and I currently have HS park day. I can change it though to Epcot - any ideas? We have really enjoyed both Sci-Fi for a casual burger (also loved their wedge salad) and 50s Prime Time in HS.

Have a great time!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter