• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Critique my Plans - AK 9/23 (2 adults, no kids)

ArielSparrow

wanderin' free
Last time we wish we had done 2 days here (but did 2 days at Epcot before making sure to visit each park once) so this time we are planning on 2 days but may swap out the 2nd day for Epcot depending on how day 1 goes. Anyway, I've just been once 5 years ago and have studied but still have a tendency to be overly optimistic in my planning. Notes: we really love animals so we don't breeze through them the way others tend to.

7:30-8a - Line up AK
9a park opens - ride FOP
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Gorilla Falls Trail
10:40a Tusker House ADR
explore Pandora
12:40p NRJ FP+
Discovery Island Trails
1:55p EE FP+
Maharajah Jungle Trek
2:55p Kali FP+
3:30p UP! A Great Bird Adventure
Dino Bash
Primeval Whirl
Dinosaur
5/6p Festival of the Lion King
QS meal
Discovery Island Trail
Oasis Exhibits
8p Rivers of Light (premium seating from dining package)

Rafiki's Planet Watch is lower priority but I would like to see Finding Nemo if possible, and ride EE extra times because last time we loved it, but ran off to catch something (FP return time maybe) and never made it back to that area. Better planning could have gotten more rides in because there was basically no line (the one time I would've liked to have looked at the queue). I've seen It's Tough to Be a Bug plenty of times at DCA so it's LP. I would like to meet Mickey & Minnie or other characters if time allows but I am getting plenty of character interaction at Tusker and Dino Bash so that's mid-low priority.

In April we were able to get EE as 4th FP....keep refreshing :) my boys also made good use of the single rider line! If you do decide to spend more than a day at AK, consider the Caring for Giants tour. It is a worthwhile animal experience for not too much $$ or time.

I will leave it to more experienced folks to give you feedback on your schedule!

I actually currently have KS as my 1:55p FP+ but after booking it, I saw the window to do standby. We rode that one 2-3 times last time and really love it but by that point in the day, it seems too early for a re-ride. I just want to make sure to reserve a spot for EE, but yeah, I'm hoping we could double-back in the single-rider line.

I'll look into Caring for Giants!

That's a long day without a break! We were just there on Aug 19 and the heat/humidity was oppressive. I know endish of Sep will be a little better, but not by much. We were there at 8am for ppo ADR and left to go back to our resort by 3:30. We went back around 7:00, but skipped ROL because the rides were all walk-ons.

For QS dinner I would recommend Santuii Canteen. Air Conditioned and very good food! Plus you can mobile order.

If you did Grizzly River Run at DCA I'd recommend skipping Kali. I hadn't ridden since 2002 and forgot how shockingly boring it is. We barely got wet too. I regretted using a FP on it.

That's a long day without a break!
We never really do breaks at theme parks. I get too antsy and standing in line or sitting on a ride is enough of a rest for us. I have a hard enough time doing TS meals, honestly. :)

but skipped ROL because the rides were all walk-ons.
Is it not worth seeing? I like light shows.

If you did Grizzly River Run at DCA I'd recommend skipping Kali. I hadn't ridden since 2002 and forgot how shockingly boring it is. We barely got wet too. I regretted using a FP on it.
I think we skipped this last time. I included it mainly for the water aspect in case we need to cool down, but if we don't get that wet, maybe we shouldn't. I'm hoping for another go on the best water ride I've ever been on - 3 back-to-back cycles of Primeval Whirl in the rain!!

Is it not worth seeing? I like light shows.

I don't know?! It gets mediocre reviews, but I think some like it. I like that you can sit though. We aren't wait around for nighttime show types though. I'm happy to watch HEA from Big Thunder so I'm probably not the best to ask.

I don't know?! It gets mediocre reviews, but I think some like it. I like that you can sit though. We aren't wait around for nighttime show types though. I'm happy to watch HEA from Big Thunder so I'm probably not the best to ask.
Oh lol I don't know why I'm asking. It's after the park closes. The only other option would be jumping in line for one last ride (which sounds appealing for FOP, assuming we like it as much as everyone promises). With the package, it says to show up 15-35min before showtime. 15 being when the park closes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter