Critter Country Closing May 1st-TBA and two of the Shops are being Rethemed to Princess and the Frog.

it looks like Pooh is safe. Not closing. Just not open.

I also assume the New Orleans train station will still be closed as well.

Oh no! We love Pooh and will be there in July. Any idea how long it will be closed for?

Disappointed Pooh will be closed in Mid May. Since it will be closed, I wish the ride were being made cuter, longer, and more 100 Acre Wood immersive.

Does anyone say how long this will be shutdown? To change store appearances should not take a long time.

Someone online also said while Pooh will be down no plans on upgrades....I was really hoping they Plus the ride because why not the ride is down? But guess no Projection mapping for Pooh like the other fantasyland dark rides

I have heard no more Pooh meet and greets. Its going to change to Tiana meet and greets. I'm a little bummed, because Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore are so popular. Its a shame not have them out any more.
I hope that isn't true! It was always so fun seeing them. I have a great picture of my niece with Pooh when she was a baby. We were hoping to recreate it (She's 22 now) :)

Things I like

1) Fireflies being added all around this land will be beautiful at night
2) while it's CC still the theming of NO swamps making its way into this area
3) The little extra theming to the stores

Things I don't like or confused why they aren't doing
1) No Dr Facilier themed shop? I don't get why a popular character is not being included in this area.....mama odie uses Vodoo as well so if she can be included he should as well
2) Taking away the Pooh Meet and Greets seems like a big L unless they have a place to put there
3) They are rumored not to be upgrading Pooh during the down time...why? Snow white, Alice, Pan, Roger even have all seen updates in some way...why Ignore Pooh when you can just add some new Projection effects to some of the rooms and it cost almost nothing and will draw more people to the ride, because while its dead now after Splash reopens it will be packed

On the one hand, Pooh is my childhood. On the other hand, ever since I heard about the Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog, the one thing I wanted was a meet and greet with Louis.

Also, is it possible to have both sets of characters in the same space? At some times during the day, it's a bunch of characters from Pooh. At other times during the day, it's characters from Princess and the Frog.

Last edited:
Does anyone actually have a real source for the permanent removal of Pooh meet and greets? Because I'm calling BS on that. I haven't seen any reliable source report that at all.

I'm guessing none while the construction is on, for obvious reasons. But, I could see them having Pooh characters roaming nearby while the shops get converted.

There's room for both PatF and Pooh characters once the walls come down and everything is open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter