Critter Country Closure

If it is seriously open on "high demand days" then that pretty much disproves the "emergency construction" theory. It is clearly a money saving decision.

i called disney and the CM's response was that it is listed under refurb until Nov.4th BUT it says it will be open on high demand days. o_O

Given all of the other closures, I am shocked to see an entire area closed down like this. Crazy and so disappointing! I guess that even though lots of things are closed, people continue to go and attendance remains high so whats their incentive really!?!

I hope some real refurb is going on during this closure. From what I've read, Splash could really use some loving.

If it is seriously open on "high demand days" then that pretty much disproves the "emergency construction" theory. It is clearly a money saving decision.

Frankly, I suspect it's hard to be absolutely confident in a construction schedule especially on the massive scale that Disney is working with right now. It may very well be that the construction has reached a heavy level in this area at this time and they may not have been able to predict exactly when or if it would start impinging on the guest experience: safety, noise pollution, need to turn off electricity or running water at times, etc. The fact that they are opening it up on weekends could simply mean that they aren't doing 7-day per week construction in that zone so they are trying to make the area usable and accessible to guests during the days off.

Being open on "high demand days" is not proof that this is "clearly" a money saving decision.

Road construction projects are frequently suspended on major travel days to relieve extra traffic. There's nothing (other than pure conjecture) to suggest that Disney isn't doing the same thing here. For all we know, it's costing Disney extra money to have a construction area cleaned up to open for high demand days.

Neither you nor I knows the truth, but the suggestion that being open on high demand days is "clearly a money saving decision" is unfounded.

I was there two weeks ago and we found it was a lot more congested in that area than last year so I feel everyone's pain. Fantasyland at night was impossible to navigate with all the strollers everywhere. I was just happy as we got to ride 2-3 things that were closed for refurb when we were there last year. I was grateful we had hoppers as we often left DL at night as there was no parade/fireworks and went to DCA to get out of those crowds. Even with that they closed most rides at 8:00 for WOC (even rides not in the area we found closed) so we simply ate dinner at night outside the parks so we didn't have to just sit at our hotel for the rest of the night.

It certainly saves time and money to only have to make the area "guest ready" one day per week instead of seven days per week -- if they close it M-F they can leave their equipment and mess out starting Sunday night and not clean up again until the following Friday. That is a big help!

CM called me regarding something else so I asked about this. Meet n greet will take place probably near the old splash FP area.

It's very interesting...If I look at the entertainment schedule it lists it as closed. If I search specifically (i did pooh the ride, and poohs corner) and then go to the weekend dates, it shows up as open from 11-5. i'll put a link, hopefully it will take you to the right place.

I tried that as well, and it worked. If you go to the main page of Winnie or Hungry Bear it says in angry red letters that it's closed for refurbishment. But when you input individual days, it shows 11-5 for Winnie Saturday & Sunday, and 11-5 for Hungry Bear on Saturday & 11-4pm on Sunday. This "trick" just made us a whole lot happier! Thanks!!

When I use the link provided by gsieff, I see that Pooh will be open from 11-5 on Saturday the 29th and then again from 7pm-12am that night for the Halloween Party. That's our HP night, so I will have to make sure to get on it then. Thanks for the link!

When I use the link provided by gsieff, I see that Pooh will be open from 11-5 on Saturday the 29th and then again from 7pm-12am that night for the Halloween Party. That's our HP night, so I will have to make sure to get on it then. Thanks for the link!

Gaaaaah! But not for our party on the 10th! :sad: It's not about the ride, though we all love it dearly, it's the Tigger Tail. The Tigger Tail...

I'm here till the 10th I really hope it will be open !!!! At sometime ..we won't be at a party though so I'm still hoping.

We are here now.

Went to Critter Country at 4pm.

Hungry Bear, Winnie the Pooh and stores were open including the hat store and the one past Winnie (briar patch? Can never remember its name!!).

Also, Tigger, Eeyore and Winnie the Pooh were doing meet and greets in their normal area.

Winnie the Pooh ride was about 5 minute wait. Maybe not even. It felt more like 2 or 3 minutes.

After we left we walked past HM and the wait there was 120 minutes, Pirates was 40.

Took my brother to DL for his birthday yesterday. I told him early that CC was closed. However, upon leaving The Haunted Mansion, we took a stroll down towards CC just to see how things looked. We were both surprised to find it open. Splash Mountain was closed, of course. But Pooh was going strong (this was around 10:30 or so).

As an aside, we spent nearly 16 hours at the park, -- approx 7:00 till 11:00 -- walked 27,000 steps and managed to do a total of 20 rides (with repeats, of course: Buzz about six times, BTMRR four times). Even though the park was pretty packed -- as has been customary for the past few years now -- we managed to do a lot and had a great time. Notably, I took him to see the Dapper Dans at 2:00. We asked them to sing "Trick or Treat" (from the Donald Duck cartoon of the same name. We've known that song since we were kids because my brother got the Trick or Treat record for his birthday one year. We've loved it from that day forward). They weren't able to do it then because they had a new member who didn't know the song. But they said that if we came to their 6:00 performance outside of the fire house, they'd try to do it then. Which they did. Very special day.

I was there starting on the 3rd and I had no idea the whole area would be close until we walked down there and then...closed up. I had known about Splash and that was disappointing since its also a favorite but I told myself at least I could ride pooh and critter country would be less crowded-well what a kick in the pants to walk over there-after not being given any notice on the closure of an entire themed area- and I was not happy at all. It would have felt a lot better to know that it would be closed and prepare myself in advance than to pull a last minute switcheroo on me like that.

If your trip started on the 3rd like mine you missed AP Days, splash and all of Critter Country by a hair's breadth and it sure does rankle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter