Crohn’s & DAS- Update

churrogeargirlie

Earning My Ears
Hello! There was a thread a few weeks ago about changes in DAS and it not being available for any urgency/bathroom related issues. My husband and I tried to do the online registration today, he has Crohn’s, UC, and autoimmune hepatitis. He has received DAS in the past and it has been very helpful. The cast member today said they do not offer DAS for this issue, but she didn’t mention a bathroom or leave the line pass like the other chat mentioned. She said we could ask for location return times at select attractions in Disneyland, but it didn’t apply to DCA. It sounds like the same thing people in wheelchairs use. I clarified and said he didn’t have mobility issues and didn’t use a wheelchair or ECV and she said that didn’t matter. We are going this weekend so I guess we’ll see how it works but I’ve never heard of this before and we’re both feeling a little stressed about it. Just wanted to give other people in similar situations a heads up and see if anyone has used this kind of accommodation before.

Hello! There was a thread a few weeks ago about changes in DAS and it not being available for any urgency/bathroom related issues. My husband and I tried to do the online registration today, he has Crohn’s, UC, and autoimmune hepatitis. He has received DAS in the past and it has been very helpful. The cast member today said they do not offer DAS for this issue, but she didn’t mention a bathroom or leave the line pass like the other chat mentioned. She said we could ask for location return times at select attractions in Disneyland, but it didn’t apply to DCA. It sounds like the same thing people in wheelchairs use. I clarified and said he didn’t have mobility issues and didn’t use a wheelchair or ECV and she said that didn’t matter. We are going this weekend so I guess we’ll see how it works but I’ve never heard of this before and we’re both feeling a little stressed about it. Just wanted to give other people in similar situations a heads up and see if anyone has used this kind of accommodation before.
Did you just say he had these issues or talk about your/his concerns with waiting in the regular lines?

Had the opposite experience when registering our DD(12) for DW last week. My wife mentioned our daughter had Crohn’s at the beginning of the call and the CM registered us right away.

I also have Crohn’s and another health issue and wanted to share my two very different experiences (both in the same day). I did a visit to Disneyland yesterday and waited at a guest services blue umbrella. Without going into exactly what I said, I clearly stated the issues with waiting in a traditional line. They offered a ride return time system only and told me for those attractions which do not offer it, that a bathroom pass would be available. I tried asking about a bathroom pass at two different non- return time offering attractions and CMs at both locations had no idea what the guest services CM was referring to. One CM just kindly put me in the lightning lane and for the other attraction, no solution was available (beyond get out of line and wait again). I was with my young child so I couldn’t have anyone in my party hold my place in line.

We ended up just going home as it was too challenging to manage.

Coincidentally we also have a WDW trip coming up. I used my free afternoon to pre register and was instantly approved, using the exact same wording as the morning at Disneyland.

Frustratingly inconsistent.

It has been my experience that they will give accommodations to children that they routinely deny to adults.

I wondered this. My friend's son has T1 diabetes and she said they didn't even ask her what her concerns with the line were. She just stated the health condition and was instantly approved. (Not saying she shouldn't have qualified, just found it interesting the way the interview went down.)

To the OP, there have been ongoing reports that DL is "stricter" than WDW, at least in more recent times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter