Crowd levels and planning

1Pam

Earning My Ears
How would you plan your 6 days with a 4 yr old. We are first-timers staying off site.

3 days of MK or 2 days of MK
1 day of Epcot or 2
Would you do HS?

(A couple of folks PMed me to take the crowd details out :))

Last edited:
My opinion isn't quite the same as others here, but I think crowd calendars are about as accurate as flipping a coin...at best...so there's that. If you buy into them, even by their numbers, none of your days are crowded, so my recommendation would be to go to whatever park you want to.

Agree Thad you are going at a lower crowd time so do whichever park you want on each day. I would move AK later in your trip if you want an FOP FP though.

You may not want to provide this info, but can you...

- Provide exact dates? (or if you don't want to provide exact dates, maybe a range or time of year?)
- Provide the source of your crowd level rankings?
- Are you park pros / first timers / staying on property?

To me, that info is critical to giving quality feedback.

MK never gets old in my opinion, and if it's your/their first trip definitely start there!

As far as crowds... due to me running the PHM and the BF's schedule we often end up there for at least part of President's Day week. I always fret about it in advance and then it's always fine. Like, noticeably busier than the time we went in May, but not impossible. I will say, park hoppers are totally worth the extra money if you can swing it, for a variety of reasons but there was definitely one time we walked into MK and it WAS too many people and we walked out again and went to EPCOT and it was fine. (that's also easier for two adults than for a family with a kid, I acknowledge.)

I don't feel qualified to comment on HS w/ a 4-yo. I think you'd be doing more shows than rides, considering the rides they have there.

I travel with a 2 and 4 year old, and always do 2 days at MK, and one day at each other park. I don't think you need a 3rd day at MK, but it wouldn't be a waste either. We skipped HS last time we came, and we didn't miss it, I do say its worth doing with little ones, especially for the character meets/Disney Jr/Frozen show.

We are taking my 4 year old to WDW in January for 6 days. We broke it down into 2 days each for MK and EP, and 1 each for AK and HS. Saved AK for last so we'd have a better chance to get FoP FP+s (we did, no problem). Technically EP is 1 + 1/2 day since we are flying in that morning and heading to the park. We wanted to do each park at least once, so that's how we broke it all down. The only debate we had was whether we do 3 days of MK and only 1 of EP, but since the International FoA is going on during our stay, we gave EP the extra day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter