• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crowd Outlook

Don't agree. Sure Disney and universal are pricey but so are europe vacations, cruises, and so much else that is not down. Cruises are bursting at the seams, prices are high for them to because demand is so high.
Gosh, this whole travel situation is so confusing! Someone else just posted the other day that he'd gotten a 30% discount offer from Royal Caribbean, which they certainly wouldn't be doing if their ships were full.

Gosh, this whole travel situation is so confusing! Someone else just posted the other day that he'd gotten a 30% discount offer from Royal Caribbean, which they certainly wouldn't be doing if their ships were full.
There is always a "sale" going on with Royal Caribbean and the rest of the cruise lines. There is a countdown until the end of the sale and either it gets extended or they offer a new sale that doesn't actually change the price of the cruise. Its just marketing.

This advertising is up at all times whether the ships are running full or empty.

1689100043648.png

I said this on the 2nd page of the other, similar thread and unless there's some other stuff going on in the economy (not out of the relm of possiblity with interst rate increases and recession fears), I think its still a decent explanation:

I agree that now that the world is open to travel people are done with Florida right now. Florida was one of the most open places to travel during Covid and had higher than normal travel to it. So tons and tons of people did those vacations and your right are ready to do other stuff again.

My other thought is maybe people are opting to wait for Epic Universe to open. Cause other than Tiana opening there isn't anything big attraction wise coming for Disney or Universal til Epic Universe opens

I live 2.5 hours from Disney/Universal. I can't tell you how many people have no clue Epic Universe is even coming and this comes from people that go to both Disney and Universal. People just don't pay attention, 2025 is too far out for most to planning or thinking about .

There is always a "sale" going on with Royal Caribbean and the rest of the cruise lines. There is a countdown until the end of the sale and either it gets extended or they offer a new sale that doesn't actually change the price of the cruise. Its just marketing.

This advertising is up at all times whether the ships are running full or empty.

View attachment 776892

This right here!

We priced out some RCCL cruises for next year and the prices are so high yet the ships are decently booked and for some ships and routes many dates sold out or only a few rooms left.

I live 2.5 hours from Disney/Universal. I can't tell you how many people have no clue Epic Universe is even coming and this comes from people that go to both Disney and Universal. People just don't pay attention, 2025 is too far out for most to planning or thinking about .
I just don't think EU is creating as big of waves as everyone thought it would be. HP and Star Wars were on another level, EU seems to be about on par with New Fantasy Land

I agree that now that the world is open to travel people are done with Florida right now. Florida was one of the most open places to travel during Covid and had higher than normal travel to it. So tons and tons of people did those vacations and your right are ready to do other stuff again.
I also agree, it just makes too much sense when you boil everything down. The west coast was pretty much locked down for years haha

I just don't think EU is creating as big of waves as everyone thought it would be. HP and Star Wars were on another level, EU seems to be about on par with New Fantasy Land
Nintendo is right up there with HP and SW IMO, might end up being the headliner area. Whether the rest is enough to draw a lot of people is a different story, should be interesting to see. I was kinda skeptical about some of the other lands at first, willing to give it a shot though.

I think it will once it gets closer and more is known. They barely have really stated anything about what is going to be in the park (ride wise).

I think it will once it gets closer and more is known. They barely have really stated anything about what is going to be in the park (ride wise).
Has Super Nintendo been a huge draw, i know it's busier (that's just natural) I just haven't heard anything crazy about it

Nintendo is right up there with HP and SW IMO, might end up being the headliner area. Whether the rest is enough to draw a lot of people is a different story, should be interesting to see. I was kinda skeptical about some of the other lands at first, willing to give it a shot though.
I don't know, i feel like the entire country was talking about SW and HP. I don't know many people outside of the hardos (including myself) that even know EU is coming. Maybe that's more a problem with marketing, but i just doesn't have the same hype HP had

From what I've seen, it has caused people who wouldn't have ever considered going to Universal Hollywood to check it out, so I would say yes.
I can see it having a following for sure, i just don't think it's going to be as desired as people may think. I don't think for the majority of people they will plan a trip just to see it, they would probably add it to a trip they have planned or are planning. HP and SW pulled in a lot of people planning their trips specifically around them

I can see it having a following for sure, i just don't think it's going to be as desired as people may think. I don't think for the majority of people they will plan a trip just to see it, they would probably add it to a trip they have planned or are planning. HP and SW pulled in a lot of people planning their trips specifically around them
I'll be one of the people planning a trip to specifically see Super Nintendo World. I care more about Mario and the gang than any IP Disney has used in their parks recently. That's just me but maybe there are others that feel similarly.

I'll be one of the people planning a trip to specifically see Super Nintendo World. I care more about Mario and the gang than any IP Disney has used in their parks recently. That's just me but maybe there are others that feel similarly.
see Hardos comment above haha, we are a very (Vocal) but slim minority of park goers

Has Super Nintendo been a huge draw, i know it's busier (that's just natural) I just haven't heard anything crazy about it
I'll be there in a few weeks. They've been selling out of early access passes and sometimes use a VQ to get in (although I'm not sure if they've been doing this much lately).

From what I've seen, it has caused people who wouldn't have ever considered going to Universal Hollywood to check it out, so I would say yes.

Smugpug, I think I know you well enough to safely say that you are a hardo!

Ha ha, for some reason I am very amused by that description.

Smugpug, I think I know you well enough to safely say that you are a hardo!

Ha ha, for some reason I am very amused by that description.
Not denying it. I know I am lol I also agree with others that are saying that "normies" don't know Epic Universe even exists. Not all of the lands have even been officially confirmed yet.

Once the ad campaign kicks in, then they'll join me in being excited for Mario!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter