Crowd Predictions May/June vs. School Makeup Days

Homesick for Disney

Mouseketeer
I've seen that the crowd levels are predicted to be pretty high for the end of May or early June. I'm wondering if a lot of schools will have makeup days during these weeks due to the winter weather, thus lightening the crowds. I'm in south MS, so we didn't miss any days, but I'm curious to hear about others.

I am curious, who is predicting high crowds during that time period? I know that Memorial Day weekend itself will be likely be high crowds, but other than that, that time of year is normally not too crowded.

I am curious, who is predicting high crowds during that time period? I know that Memorial Day weekend itself will be likely be high crowds, but other than that, that time of year is normally not too crowded.
easyWDW is showing 7-9 crowds during that time.

OP, I know that most of the Northeast doesn't typically get out of school that early anyway, and it seems like they would have had the bulk of the snow days this year. I'm not sure how other parts of the country fared, but my guess would be that the snow days won't have a big impact. Plus, it's one of the big times for the South American tour groups.

Our snow days were "forgiven" by our school board here in North Carolina. We don't have to make them up, so our last day of school is still June 11.

Parts of Rhode Island are in school through June 30! Crazy. Here in Indiana, they are up to around June 7 and that is highly unusual for this area.

Our snow days were either built in to the calandar or days during the school year were set aside for snow days. ex. Friday before Memorial Day, Thursday before Good Friday. Those days were taken first and no days were added on to the end of the year, but then again NY schools go until the end of June anyway

easyWDW is showing 7-9 crowds during that time.

OP, I know that most of the Northeast doesn't typically get out of school that early anyway, and it seems like they would have had the bulk of the snow days this year. I'm not sure how other parts of the country fared, but my guess would be that the snow days won't have a big impact. Plus, it's one of the big times for the South American tour groups.

We always go the end of May/first week of June and we have not seen any Brazilian tour groups. Maybe we just missed them, but I am thinking that I have heard they usually come in the Spring or either later in the Summer.

We are going to be in the Parks after Memorial Day on Tues-Sat. Our school gets out May 22 (private school in AR), but most schools here will go until the next week or into early June because we did miss some snow days. (You know we shut down here even at the hint of snow or ice!) Anyway, we went around Memorial Day in 2013 and crowds were moderate. I do not remember Tour Groups.

Our district always builds in plenty of days so we don't have to add any. (In Colorado) Last day is May 22. We've gone at the end of May/early June a few times and crowds aren't bad at all, but it's HOT! Still a great time to go, though :)

Interesting - we've never seen them on any of our trips, we must just be getting lucky and missing them.

We went last year and the only time that I saw the Brazilian Tour Group was at MK. Some music started playing and we was acting a fool by dancing with Goofy and Mr. Incredible. I turned around at a Brazilian group was dancing with us. We all had a great time! When the dancing stopped, everyone dispersed.

DD is out 6/1 we'll be there 6/2. Her school has chopped her Easter Vacation time to 1 day. and are using a few in service days to get them out early. We reside in Ne Pa. she went 8 weeks without a full day of school on a Monday. Crowds are crowds. We will have fun no matter what. DD will be 14 and can rock a park.

Its half term for UK schools last week may
so you will get a lot of brits there that week

Our summer holidays don't start until last week of July and last 6 weeks
no '104 days of summer vacation' for our kids as they constantly moan!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter