• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crowds 4/24 - 4/29??

mysunshine

Earning My Ears
We just left WDW Friday and are already talking about another trip in 2006. Since this was our first trip and I had read that the crowd prediction level was a 3 I was kinda surprised by the crowds on Monday (4/25) and Tuesday (4/26) they felt like higher than a 3. Can someone who was also there last week that has been before tell me what level you think the crowds were? I want to plan a trip next year where the crowds are a little less. Thanks!

I was there last week as well, and I thought it was a bit more crowded than I expected, but still not bad. Using EMH on Monday at Epcot and arriving at park opening on Tuesday at MK, we were able to ride most of our "must-do's" in the first hour or so.

The last time we went, June of 2003, the crowds were overwhelming. This past week was much much lighter than the summer.

We've also been the week surrounding Mother's Day, and that seemed lighter than last week.

Hope that helps! :sunny:

We were there 4/23 through 4/30. I was surprised at the crowd levels. We planned on this week thinking that the Spring Breaks would be over. I heard that New Hampshire, and parts of New York were on break. I don't think the crowds were at a "3" though. I would think a 5 to 6 in places. We went last May, and I would say that it was a "3" at that time.
However, it was quite nice on last Tuesday 4/26, when after a wonderful dinner at O'Hana's, we went to MK in the rain. While everyone else was leaving, we were walking onto all of the rides in FantasyLand, and tomorrow land, even Stitch. Which I am glad we didn't want. I think I lost about 30 minutes of my life on that "attraction".

We were in the MK Tuesday to! That night we stuck around and were able to ride pretty much any ride we wanted to. It was so much fun. We never made it over to Adventure Land and only walked through Tomorrowland. DH and BIL slowed me down a lot. I think DD and I could have seen so much more without them....lol!

The crowds were pretty heavy during the day but really slowed down with the rain. We just pulled on ponchos and kept going. About 9pm when it started pouring we headed to the bus stop with 9 million other people.

Brenda

we also were there (4-26)in our ponchos getting drenched. rode all rides in adventureland wait times were 5 minutes or less....was really bummed they cancelled parade and fireworks though.... :umbrella: :umbrella:

This was the lst time we were there that week. I think last year it was a week or two before but that was easter, just add us to the crowd list of ny who had spring break. I know that Mon 4/25 when we arrived at the mk at noon they had run out of double strollers and there were also no ecvs. So judge from that. The mk was really crowded. I am sure glad I had a lunch ps for crystal palace. I hate to think of the counter service lines then. At the Polynesian they told us they were almost completely full all week. I was prepared for larger than normal crowds and prepared for it well.

I have been since 28th. Didn't get to the park until Saturday. The crowds were there but it didn't seem overly crowded. Went to USF/IOA on Sunday even there there seemed to be hardly any people.
Since Monday until last night there has been little or no crowds. I had no wait time at all. The only real wait was Peter Pan and that was 45 minutes but everyone knows it is ALWAYS crowded. IASW hadn't changed on the inside but they brought the clock out to the front of the staging area and they put up some walls it really looked nice. Can't wait till today I am going to see the stunt show since it will be open today.

Dan-tot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter