Crowds at MK day of MNSSHP?

TinkOhio

DIS Veteran
Is it a good idea to reserve the MK on days with MNSSHP if you aren't attending the party? How are the crowd levels? We are considering staying until late afternoon, then hopping to another park.

Thanks for any input!

In years past, it has been great to go to MK on party days. We skip the party but do go to MK during the days of the party. Around 4 when party guests an mix in, the crowds will pick up quite a bit. But the rest of the day is usually pretty good. People without hoppers do not like going to MK on party days that close early and have no fireworks. Feel like it is a waste with the early close times. Unsure if it will be the same this year though but I did book MK for party days next month.

Yes the times have been pretty good today. Also return times for lightning lanes haven't been too far out for most rides.

We just returned from the Magic Kingdom today (it's the first party night tonight). We arrived at 7:00am (off the bus) for ETPE as we are at a Disney Resort. Opened at 8:00 but we were able to enter right away and at 7:30am we were able to start riding. We were 10th in line for Space Mt. Then we rode Buzz and 7DMT and Pooh with very little waits. Peter Pan was only about 20 minutes wait around 9:30am, HM was a walk on. BTMRR and Splash were both 15 minutes posted wait when we arrived at the back of the park, but they were a bit higher when we got off rides (maybe 25 minutes??? I can't remember). My dad, who has been taking us to Disney for 20+ years said it was the best morning he can ever remember for crowds at Disney. We didn't do Genie plus and had no issues at all. Pirates had a 5 minute posted wait around 11am when we were eating Dole Whip Floats - yum! Rode Buzz again (maybe around 12ish) and standby wait was 10 minutes posted, but felt like less than 10. We just kept going from one ride to another, amazed at how quickly we got on rides. It was such a great morning and we were worried because the park reservation showed it as 'unavailable' for today's reservation calendar.

Interesting, I had never heard this before. Some people report that 13 stands for 10-minute wait times, but whether it's 10 or walk-on, that is pretty good.
That's been a thing for a very long time. It's the only time you'll see wait times that aren't in increments of 5. Even if it didn't mean walk-on, 13 minutes is practically nothing by itself.

I'll never forget how in 2019, when Hurricane Dorian was threatening WDW, it was the first time in decades I'd seen ToT at 13 minutes.

That's been a thing for a very long time. It's the only time you'll see wait times that aren't in increments of 5. Even if it didn't mean walk-on, 13 minutes is practically nothing by itself.

I'll never forget how in 2019, when Hurricane Dorian was threatening WDW, it was the first time in decades I'd seen ToT at 13 minutes.
We were there for the hurricane and the parks were awesome!

We were there for the hurricane and the parks were awesome!
Oh yeah, they were. It being the opening weekend of Galaxy's Edge, we expected it to be packed at HS, but there were like 200 people at rope drop. So cool to have our run of an almost empty park.

Thanks for asking this, I was wondering the same thing! Gonna factor this into my plans now

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter