Crowds between Christmas and New Year's?

Missus Toad

DIS Veteran
Sorry if this has been asked a dozen times, but I couldn't find the answer. I'm sure crowds will be up, but is it utterly miserable? Trying to decide whether or not to do a day trip while the fam's in town. TIA!

I have never been at that time, but from everything I have read (and I read ALOT of Disney info!), that week is the absolute busiest week of the entire year. Of course, it could still be fun, with proper planning and being prepared for extreme crowding!!! :earsgirl:

We were at DL and DCA on the Friday after Thanksgiving. It was pure madness. Despite valiant efforts we only got on two rides the entire day and we stayed until midnight. We had reservations for lunch at the Blue Bayou and dinner at Ariels, and those times were the only escape from the crowds. To walk from Main Street to New Orleans Square took at least 20 minutes.

Frankly, it wasn't worth the money it cost our group (nearly $1,000 for 10 of us) for the day. We would not go on or near a holiday again. And, I'm going to guess that the week between Christmas and New Year's is probably worse than the day after Thanksgiving. Perhaps others on these boards can confirm or not.

Anyway, we had planned on spending the Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving at DL and DCA. But, after the first day, none of us wanted anything to do with a second day at the parks. We spent Saturday at the beach instead. Much nicer!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. But, there truly is a point at which the parks are so crowded it's not fun and it's a waste of money. Just my opinion, others may disagree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter