• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

crowds in May?

We went for 2 weeks in may a few years back and we found it busy, but we normally go in the first week of September :rotfl: I'm sure it's blissfully quiet compared to summer months!

Has anyone ever gone the week before memorial day weekend? Going Sat May 21-Fri May 27 so leaving the Friday of memorial day weekend. Just see a lot of people have gone earlier in May so was curious if it still wasn't so bad up to Memorial Day weekend itself.

Has anyone ever gone the week before memorial day weekend? Going Sat May 21-Fri May 27 so leaving the Friday of memorial day weekend. Just see a lot of people have gone earlier in May so was curious if it still wasn't so bad up to Memorial Day weekend itself.
Yup...
2014, and it was a fair bit more crowded than the two weeks before.
We were there for Memorial Day and it was really busy.
Although I did enjoy the wait on our table at The Brown Derby on Memorial Day.
Several groups walked in and wanted seating times for dinner.
The ladies at the Check In desk explained that the restaurant was fully booked for the day.
The people were upset that the restaurant didn't hold back tables for last minute "important" people.
All things considered I'd rather have the foresight and intelligence to plan ahead as opposed to expecting my money to get me whatever I want.

Yup...
2014, and it was a fair bit more crowded than the two weeks before.
We were there for Memorial Day and it was really busy.
Although I did enjoy the wait on our table at The Brown Derby on Memorial Day.
Several groups walked in and wanted seating times for dinner.
The ladies at the Check In desk explained that the restaurant was fully booked for the day.
The people were upset that the restaurant didn't hold back tables for last minute "important" people.
All things considered I'd rather have the foresight and intelligence to plan ahead as opposed to expecting my money to get me whatever I want.

As long as it's not as bad as right now seems to be with Spring Break think we'll be happy enough lol

Re: How do crowds change as you get closer to Memorial Day

Two years ago we did two weeks before Easter which was end of April that year. Our last park day (MK), which was probably the Wednesday or Thursday before Good Friday, was considerably busier than our first park day (also MK) a week and a half earlier. I imagine the same would hold true the closer you get to Memorial Day weekend.

Ive only ever been in November-December... were going at the end of May (21st-25th) and I am super excited to see the flower and garden fest! Glad to hear the weather and crowds are manageable! :)

I went from the 5th - 18th May - crowds were low, but noticeably busier in the second week. Spectacular weather, warm but not so hot that I wilted or was miserable. Perfect for water rides. I think it rained one day for about an hour, we chose Epcot for that day and just ducked inside for a bit.

We also managed to get all we wanted to do in HS within three hours, Epcot & Animal Kingdom by 3pm, and nearly everything we wanted to ride in MK in a single day. If you check a crowd calendar for best park days, make use of Fastpass and start at New Fantasyland in MK you won't struggle with crowds at all.

I was very worried about crowds but really didn't have a problem, we definitely didn't queue for longer than 30-40 minutes for anything.

We have been the first week in May twice and are really excited to go again this year. We've had manageable crowds and beautiful weather. Even a cool breeze occasionally at night (well cool for me, maybe not cool if you are visiting from the North lol).

Did the first week of may last year and again this year
We lucked out all the rain was over night but for us it did get a bit too hot and humid at the end of the week

We will be there first week of May first time ever for this time of year....Just my wife and I for an anniversary trip....She doesn't know but I am excited

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter