• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crowds January 3-6, 2019?

Expect much higher crowds than you've experienced before.

That’s what I thought. We haven’t been to the theme parks since summer 2016. For us it’s go January or wait til summer 2019. We haven’t decided yet. We enjoyed the cooler weather in our November trip and melted during our May/June trip. The cooler weather and a sooner trip would be nice but I don’t know if it is worth the crowds. Decisions, decisions.

Both our girls go back January 7th as probably many across the south. We were there last year from Jan 30-Jan 5 and it was crazy crowded. My birthday is Jan 4th and AK was wall to wall people on that day. We still had a great time, but really on rode our FPs most days. Having the marathon a week later will definitely help some.

we were there this year (2018). We also had the perfect storm of the marathon that weekend. It was very crowded, but you will also have the parks fully staffed and later park hours. Did it feel crowded? Yes. The weather sucked, so we took advantage of people's aversion to the cold and went to late EMH at the MK with fewer people. You can make it work if you plan ahead and have realistic expectations.

we were there this year (2018). We also had the perfect storm of the marathon that weekend. It was very crowded, but you will also have the parks fully staffed and later park hours. Did it feel crowded? Yes. The weather sucked, so we took advantage of people's aversion to the cold and went to late EMH at the MK with fewer people. You can make it work if you plan ahead and have realistic expectations.
The way the holidays fell had more of an effect than marathon weekend. I’ve been going that weekend for four years now. The weather for sure sucked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter