Crowds MLK Holiday Week??

Epscot

WDW Veteran
I am looking at scheduling an extended weekend trip in Jan 2003 for my family. We're WDW "regulars" (typically once a year), but not usually at this time of year. I know that Jan is Value Season, but also expect that crowds pick up for the 3-day MLK weekend. I'm considering scheduling our trip to begin the Wed after MLK Holiday and continue through the next weekend. Are the crowds significantly bigger later in the MLK Holiday week or just on the holiday weekend itself?

Any help is appreciated.

We were there Jan 2002 - we arrived the Saturday of MLK weekend and stayed 7 nights. The crowds were large Sunday & Monday, but managable. Starting Tuesday, however, it was WONDERFUL!!! Hardly any crowds to speak of - we are going again in Jan 2003!! Seriously, from Tuesday thru Saturday when we left - we could do anything we wanted with VERY LITTLE waiting times - we literally walked on to Space Mountain, Test Track, Rock N Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, and get this - IT WAS ALL IN 1 DAY! You are going at a great time - HAVE FUN!

We were there also in Jan. 2002. We arrived around lunch time on Friday and went straight to the MK and spent the rest of the day there. We toured the park easily and stayed for Spectro. Saturday we spent the entire day at MGM and did the Fantasmic Dinner Package. We did not encounter any crowd problems the entire day. Sunday we went to the AK at opening and stayed until crowds started to swell around noon. DD was about die to go to the MK. Bad idea. Crowds were bad. We jumped on the monorail to Epcot where crowds were virtually nonexistant. Monday we did not visit any of the theme parks as this was our departure day. We did visit Disney Quest for a few hours in the a.m. Our children (college age and twenties) loved this! All and all, we thought it to be a very manageable trip. We have ressies to return for this weekend in 2003!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter