• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crowds: My observations of MNSSHP vs Evening EMH

MyTwoPrincesses

DIS Veteran
I attended the August 20 MNSSHP and also the August 21 EMH at magic kingdom. Crowds were much lower at evening EMH. Wait times were lower for most rides, except mine train. The park felt packed the entire night last night at the Halloween party in comparison. I also managed to get another pumpkin spice milkshake at EMH. I thought it was a party exclusive - guess not! Obviously EMH is only 2 hours but since it is free it felt much more relaxing and less pressure to rush around.

We were in MK last night. We felt patk packed and ride times horrible for this time of year. Space mountain was over an hour last night after the fireworks. So the party was more crowded? Si glad we skipped it. . .

Wait must have been a little less for space but at the times I checked it was posted at 40, same as the party. Biggest difference was that it felt so much emptier. The party felt like wall to wall people the entire night. We had fun at the party but i feel like EMH was so much more relaxing.

The fireworks last night was mental, though. There were very few cast members directing people, no avenues of escape, and it was downright dangerous. I've never had that experience at Magic Kingdom fireworks before where I felt like you couldn't get out. And we were near the edge! They usually have roped off pathways. If there was a medical emergency, someone probably would have died because they couldn't get out. We and a few others tried to exit the crowd. Some having legit panic attacks. Nobody would even move an inch. There were no cast members in sight in any direction. I'm not sure if they just dropped the ball tonight or what. But we've been there when it's busier and never experienced that. A kid got trampled and hurt, and they couldn't get the poor, sobbing kiddo out.

I don't know if things have really changed so much in the past few years, or if this was just a fluke.

Once EMH hit there was more breathing room, but a lot of the wait times were similar to how they were during the day.

The fireworks last night was mental, though. There were very few cast members directing people, no avenues of escape, and it was downright dangerous. I've never had that experience at Magic Kingdom fireworks before where I felt like you couldn't get out. And we were near the edge! They usually have roped off pathways. If there was a medical emergency, someone probably would have died because they couldn't get out. We and a few others tried to exit the crowd. Some having legit panic attacks. Nobody would even move an inch. There were no cast members in sight in any direction. I'm not sure if they just dropped the ball tonight or what. But we've been there when it's busier and never experienced that. A kid got trampled and hurt, and they couldn't get the poor, sobbing kiddo out.

I don't know if things have really changed so much in the past few years, or if this was just a fluke.

Once EMH hit there was more breathing room, but a lot of the wait times were similar to how they were during the day.
This is one of the reasons my DH and I don't go to MK much anymore. We have witnessed this many nights after the fireworks, just too many people!!

I am not surprised that MNSSHP was more crowded than Evening EMH. I thought the crowds at last years MNSSHP were very heavy. They over sell this event.

DH really does not like crowds, very clausterphobic. MK at firework time..........no way, no way, no way. I have seen people push each other, run over by strollers (me personally, my Achilles tendon was rammed into by a stroller with no apology) and fall down during the craziness that is MK after fireworks.

We try to leave prior to, or be at a completely different part of the park. My favorite spot to watch the fireworks is out of the park. It's not as good since the show is so projection heavy, but it's still worth being out of the park.

I think they really were not thinking about crowds at all when they come up with projections. We've gotten In the habit of timing a ride on 7DMT during the fireworks. The wait time is low, and the view of the fireworks is really fun!

The fireworks crowds were insane both nights but worse on the EMH night because the park was still open. The Halloween party had fewer people than 9:00 on the EMH night. I think the new projections will also increase crowds on Main Street for the Halloween party because you have to see them to fully experience the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter