• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crowds now?

Princess Mommy

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me how crowded the parks were last week?
How bad are they expecting them to be this week with the Anniversary kick-off?
Is there a link to check the parks' attendance?
Thanks!

We were there April 24-29th and I thought they were very crowed at MK (the only park we made it to) Monday was very crowed and Fantasyland and Tomorrowland especially. I don't know what to compare it to I had not been since 1998. We still had lots of fun. princess: princess: princess:

I was at Epcot Friday, and the crowd was not bad. I did notice that the high school kids were starting to arrive later in the afternoon, and it was pretty crowded by the time I left around 5pm. Fast track had a 60 minute stand by, and about a 2 hour fast pass.

We just got back late last night; we were there 04/22 - 04/30.

MK - definitely crowded. More crowded than any other trip I've taken (in August, and January)

AK - crowded, as well.

MG - started out nice, but by 2:00 pm, it was standing-room only. Fantasmic was standing room only.

Epcot - not too crowded, although I think this was simply due to the size of the park. It can handle crowds better.

All of the bus drivers, CM's, and staff we talked to said the crowds were bigger than anticipated lately, and they really aren't sure what to attribute it to.

Be prepared - go early, and utilize fastpass as best as possible. When the crowd zigs, you need to zag. Get FP's for rides that don't 'continuously load'; those are the slower lines.

I agree with Princess Wannabee. MK was crowded by 10:00 am on Monday. Although we did ride everything in FantasyLand (except Snow White) by lunch that day we thought the crowds were more than what was expected. (I think we waited for 30 minutes for Dumbo). Tuesday wasn't much better for MK and the rain cleared out MGM that night. I thought AK was pretty busy on Wed. We went to Epcot Thursday morning and by lunch had had enough. Went to MK "one more time" and the crowds were much more bearable. We are already talking about another trip, but want to go when the crowds are much less than last week. Any advice?

Mysunshine: I believe that in September after Labor Day is supposed to be good, as is early December. We went in October and it was wonderful but I keep hearing that October is more crowded than it used to be. Also did late January and that was great but shorter hours so I guess you cannot win! As far as crowds last week, I agree with all of the above that MK was the most crowded! EMH last Wed. nite was more crowded than I had hoped but still doable. Just a lot of congestion in Fantasyland and Main Street all night! Still managed to do quite a bit but not like we did at EMH in January, but we knew that would be the case. AK on Wednesday was fine in the morning but when we decided to call it quits at 11:30 it was really picking up. Long line for instance at Tough to be a Bug. MK on Thursday was nuts. We got there late because of being there for EMH the night before and it was a zoo! Many fastpasses were covered so we watched the parade and left to go swimming, it just wasn't worth it. My thinking on that day's nightmare crowds were that they were having Wishes and Spectro that night and the next two nights were Grad Nights. My biggest advice is to get there early. For example on Friday we got there right at 8:00 and were able to do: Peter Pan (2X), Indy Speedway, Mickey's Philharmagic, Space Mountain, BTMRR, Splash, Haunted Mansion and the Teacups, plus have a quick breakfast by 11:30. When we left at 11:30 to head to MGM it was absolutely crazy. We had lunch at MGM got some fastpasses and headed back to the hotel. Then back to MGM later to ride TOT and Rock N Rollercoaster (fastpassed earlier) and Fantasmic. Those midday breaks helped. Also, just knowing we would not get it all in and not be able to ride rides over and over again like we did in January. It was a great trip, with great weather. I would go that time of year again in a minute.

Hi - writing from Vaction Village - was at the Magic Kingdom Today and here are some of the wait times we noticed posted at about 2:45 PM:

Splash Mtn 65 Min
Peter Pan 60 Min
Its a Small World 30 Min
Buzz 25 Min
Stitch 50 Min
SpaceMtn 50 Min

We found that the wait times seemed to be a bit overstated. Buzz was posted at 25 but it took about 7, STitch when we went on was posted at 30, it was 5 once and 10 the second time.

My advice, and I cannot stress this one enough, follow the Unofficial Guide plans. We didnt wait in lines for more than 10-15 minutes all day and it was fairly crowded most of the day. We arrived at opening and did 16 attractions, a few two times, a couple three and left and 7:45.

Have fun!

Crowds are nasty right now...I was there last week. You need to know what you are doing in order to avoid the lines and heat. Go early....it's key to be there at opening each and every morning. I don't think the crowds are going to let up until after Labor day. I had a great time....but couldn't stand all the freakin human obstacles / stroller dodging every step of the way. You've just got to be patient and aggressive with your tour plan and you will have an amazing time....make sure to take a break back at the hotel during peak times...get out of that mess by 1:30 or 2 and head back in for dinner, night time entertainment, and the less popular attractions. Your sanity and feet will thank you for this...trust me!

Trevor797 said:
When is Labor Day??? I am going in May 27 til june 10th Whats the crowds like?
thanks

Labor Day is the 1st Monday in September. You're going around our Memorial Day Holiday :teeth:

It'll be crowded, but if you have a *plan* you'll be fine!

Could anyone tell me what the crowds are going to be like on MAY 27th - June 10th .
Any any good tips that they might have for that time of the year,
Thanks

Trevor797 said:
Could anyone tell me what the crowds are going to be like on MAY 27th - June 10th .
Any any good tips that they might have for that time of the year,
Thanks

It will be CROWDED. The schools in Florida and many other southern states will be out for summer. Plus the "Happiest Celebration on Earth" advertising in the U.S. has been everywhere; *$1500 for a family of four* seems to be working! The resorts have had enough bookings that they didn't even offer "general" discount codes for May & June.

Make sure you read the "Disney Tips" thread section on these boards. My suggestion is to look at the park hours/EMH hours for the dates you'll be there; decided which parks/which days and make PS Dining arrangements - especially important busy times of year like this. Decide which attractions are *must do's* and get to the parks early each morning to make sure you get them done. Fast Pass is an absolute must; make sure you utilize it.

We've been many times when the parks were packed - it's not a problem if you have a plan. Good luck and have a Magical trip! :wizard:

Laura

I was at Epcot on Wednesday, April 27, the crowds were there but not overwhelming. We were able to get on everything we wanted and walked around the entire park a few times with ease. On Thursday, DH and I went to Magic Kingdom and the crowds were absolutely horrendous. Even with the fast passes you had to wait 4-5 hours for some of the rides and the shortest standby line we saw was 45 minutes. We stayed only a few hours, only watching philarmagic and riding splash mountain. On Friday, April 29, we went to MGM. It was pretty crowded but not horrible. With the fast passes we were able to get on all the rides we wanted. The crowds started to get worse around 6 pm. I think people started coming in to see the nighttime fireworks. Good luck with your planning and have fun!

Renee

I was there last week and I was expecting the worst after reading the boards before we left, but did not think the crowds were that bad. The longest line we waited in was Safari the first day at AK. We got to the ride about 9:15 am and the sign said 40 minute wait, but it was a little over an hour. After that we got fast passes to everything we could. Everthing else at AK was low lines. The Primeval Whirl was only 10 minutes, the Triceratop Spin about 15, Tough to be a bug no wait at all, and Dinosaur we fast passed. MK on Tuesday longest line was Dumbo and Ariel at about 25 minutes, most of Fantasyland was walk-on in the morning. Haunted Mansion was walk-on and we fast passed BTM while we waited for Splash Mountain about 25 minutes. That evening it was lightly raining (at first!) and walked on everything in Adventure Land. The fast passes seemed to be gone earlier at Epcot, I think this is because there you could have as many fast passes as you wanted, no wait to get another. They said they were testing this there. Not sure how long it will be like that. The worst experiences of the week was waiting on the POR buses and Spectromagic Thursday night. Next time I will not make special plans to see the Spectromagic parade.

Hi - writing from Vaction Village - was at the Magic Kingdom Today and here are some of the wait times we noticed posted at about 2:45 PM:

Splash Mtn 65 Min
Peter Pan 60 Min
Its a Small World 30 Min
Buzz 25 Min
Stitch 50 Min
SpaceMtn 50 Min

Hey, we predicted a peak wait of 70 minutes at Splash. That ain't bad. Not that I'm counting chickens or anything.

Len

Hey there everyone what do you think the wait times will be for most of the popular rides at the end of may beginning of June?
Great info so far.
There are some real Micky Heads here and it's great!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter