Crowds on and around the 4th of July?

The groups of 15's don't usually arrive until around the weekend after the 4th. If you are going before, during, and immediately after the 4th, the 15's aren't usually there then (obviously can't predict the future, but that is the way it has played out in the past). They start impacting the hotels first, like Pop.

I stayed at Pop when I went down for the opening of Toy Story Land (June 30th 2018) and they had most definitely arrived by then. There were a couple times we had gotten to the food court JUST in time to beat the rush and get our food before the lines quadrupled in size.

One thing many are not noting...

July 4, 2020 is on a Saturday.

That means many (most) will have July 3rd as the official holiday, and others may be given Mon. July 6 as their holiday. (Many may take extra days off, too.)
That's has an even greater than usual potential for an extra-busy "holiday weekend."

Ahhhh this explains why On Southwest July 6-13 was 600 more than July 7-14 (family of 5). We booked 7-14 and am glad we did!

July 4th, 2019 at MK was fine except for the Hub and Main St a couple of hours before the fireworks. We were honestly quite shocked when we walked in at 2:30. No lines at security or the entrance. Pirates stand by was 30 minutes. Modified and rolled FP with ease.

The crowds were massive just after the parade, but that wasn't surprising. We did the dessert party and thought it was ok. Obviously the spot is what we paid for that night. It was a bit scary crossing over from the party to the garden. MASSIVE crowds.

It was very manageable July 5th-9th. The problem we encountered was rain. Not the quick showers that roll through, but all day rain. We got washed out a couple of times. When there's lightning and rides close down it creates a problem every where else.
Agree! Last year was our first July 4th visit and the crowds were nowhere near Thanksgiving or spring break level. Going again this year :thumbsup2
But that rain man, other than an October visit in 2011 we had the most rain of any trip!

Any chance with the 4th being a Saturday this year, MK will reach maximum capacity?

I haven't been on the 4th since 2008. 7/4 fell on a Firday that year and they did close it for a time being. But, the park was open until 3am the night before and opened very early (I believe it was 7am). We literally walked onto most attractions. We zipped right because our through tommorowland and Fantasyland and were on Splash and Big Thunder right around 10. We took the railroad to the front about 1 pm to meet he rest of our travel party who had just arrived. I will never forget the sea of people. It was crazy. We wished them luck and hightailed it back to the POly for the afternoon,

One thing many are not noting...

July 4, 2020 is on a Saturday.

That means many (most) will have July 3rd as the official holiday, and others may be given Mon. July 6 as their holiday. (Many may take extra days off, too.)
That's has an even greater than usual potential for an extra-busy "holiday weekend."

We were at the parks during the week of July 4th and a little after in 2018. Wasn't that crowded at all - though we did avoid MK on the actual 4th (Epcot fireworks were spectacular).

Now I'm trying to book airfare from the NYC area - and its about $500 a ticket!!!! Our first night is July 3 - but even if I try a few days ahead of the 4th - its still that much $$$. Maybe it's because of this official long holiday weekend? The 4th in 2018 was on a Wednesday. Even Spirit is that expensive!! I did not expect that price.

We did the week of the 4th in 2018 and are planning to go back this year. It was super crowded of course, but we were prepared for it. I would say by far, the rain made things much more complicated than the crowds.

We did the week of the 4th in 2018 and are planning to go back this year. It was super crowded of course, but we were prepared for it. I would say by far, the rain made things much more complicated than the crowds.

Yep the rain was the problem for us, too. Still had fun, but spent more time at the resort.

this is when we are going. Usually lighter than the week prior to July 3/4. Hoping that is the case again this year.

The week before was great the past two years, but free dining is now available during that week, so I’m wondering if that will change things. The week of the 4th was definitely more crowded than the prior week - but definitely manageable. So much fun!!!

Yep the rain was the problem for us, too. Still had fun, but spent more time at the resort.

So in 2018, our friends came, and they brought another group of friends. Their friends did their own thing each day, and did not come along with us! No lie to you, every single time they came out to meet us at the pool at the BC, they blew the whistles to get out of the pool due to lightning!!!!!!! It became the joke of the trip!!! They only got to swim once in the 4 days they were there!!! I felt so bad! But the rain was terrible!!

We were at the parks during the week of July 4th and a little after in 2018. Wasn't that crowded at all - though we did avoid MK on the actual 4th (Epcot fireworks were spectacular).

Now I'm trying to book airfare from the NYC area - and its about $500 a ticket!!!! Our first night is July 3 - but even if I try a few days ahead of the 4th - its still that much $$$. Maybe it's because of this official long holiday weekend? The 4th in 2018 was on a Wednesday. Even Spirit is that expensive!! I did not expect that price.

Did you look at Southwest? Their airfare is around $220.

We're going the week before the 4th and we head home on the 5th this year. We have not been over the 4th in a long long time. But, being the 4th is our last night we plan to head to MK. Actually we're going to do a pool day, dinner, then the dessert party at MK. We expect the crowds and have our space for the fireworks so anything extra will just be a bonus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter