Crowds this past Columbus Weekend?

rstamm

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
I looked through the threads and didn't see any mention how the crowds were I did see someone post how hot it was.

How was Saturday through Tuesday Oct 10-13
I am looking at this weekend for next year.

Was it packed each day or cleared out by Monday, anyone there I would appreciate your opinion.

Each year varies, but I have to say I was surprised how crowded it was over the Columbus Day weekend and the following weekdays. I expected high crowds on Sunday (due to CHOC walk) and some crowds on Monday (Columbus Day), but I honestly expected crowds to decrease somewhat on Tuesday and Wednesday. Despite the heat, the parks were very crowded from Sunday (when we arrived) through Wednesday (when we left). I actually felt like the crowds steadily increased (i.e., Tuesday was busier than Monday)! Next year (2016) might not be as bad because UEA is a week later (Oct 20/21).

I was afraid it would be really busy and it was probably worse because of the heat.

I would have thought that the heat might actually reduce crowds (at least the locals), but I think a good portion of the crowds were actually day guests (i.e., non-AP holders). The heat made things feel worse, but the crowds were still there.

I teach in AZ. A significant number of districts give a Fall Break this week. I am not going to say all... but at least half of the Phoenix Metro area as a total guess. Phoenix Metro has a population of 4 million that is a 6 hour drive away. Obviously, not all these are school aged kids and not all school aged kids go to DL during Fall break, but it has a big impact on this week I think. In my very unscientific study of my middle class elementary classroom, 5 out of 23 went to Disneyland last week.

A lot of schools in the Bay Area have two weeks off for Fall Break and that is the second week for them. I know a lot of people that head to DL. October is not slow anymore! Heck, Disneyland is more packed than ever all year long!!!

It's busy every day lately. Today is just dumb...a Tuesday and middle of the day, lines are like 30-55 minutes. I just want a quiet day. Is it sad I keep hoping for pouring rain so I can go enjoy a day at the park without a billion other people

I guess that's why they jumped the annual passes and I guess the regular tickets will be next.
I wonder at what point people will stop going and the park will be reasonable instead of packed?

We were there for Columbus Day weekend and this past weekend as well. Columbus Day weekend was very busy and very hot on both the Saturday and Sunday (CHOC Walk crowds!). UEA weekend was insanely crowded. Not as hot, but still pretty warm.

One of the school districts (within a 1.5 hr drive of DLR) also had their fall break that week so I know lots of families with AP that went there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter