Crown Currency concerns

wildwood

DIS Veteran
I phoned them on thursday at 5pm to make an order for my $ needed for october had a good chat with them happy with my rate and she sent me a email of my order as normall so I then made the bank transferr thursday night . Assumed I would recive a email confirmation of reciving my paymnet yesterday but nothing arrived so I started calling free phone number busy tone , customer service number always a answer machine phoned all day and since 8am this morning :confused3:scared1:really worried now . if you go on the site and try and orded money they say that there site has a tech hitch and you get directed to another compnay phone them and they say they have nothing to do with them I am now crying and felling very sick they have 1000.00 pounds of our money and there is no way we can find another 1000.00 in 25 days .

So DH is on the phone to are bank that after 10 mins of explaining what has happened they have asured us that we can have the money back( as we had used internet banking) but we have to phone back on the 13th October to recive the money as they have to have ten days to invesitigate , lets hope they stick to there word because I really do not know what to do if they dont refund the money .

I have also contacted the FSA and they said they had a simmalar call from someone yesterday and they are now also investigating . I hope any one how has also used this company recently has recived there money for every one who has not I feel your anger :confused:

sorry for the ramble I am so cross and upset I dont know what to do apart from warn all my Dis friends so hopefully I can stop someone else going through this .

Oh dear, that's bad news, and if they have gone bust then there will be a lot of worried people - though it looks in your case there is a decent chance of being refunded by your bank. I guess it's going to be an agonising couple of weeks though...

I am really sorry. :hug: I do hope you get your money back. I don't use them, but I know so many have been really happy with them. I don't have anything helpful to say to you except :hug::hug::hug:

Oh no, we have used them too and have ordered both dollars and euros through them which are meant to be delivered very soon.

Is it definitely the case that they have gone bust? How can I find out?

Felt sick reading this as you all know I have warned against using them at every opportunity, so many people will be affected. Hope there is a way of getting your money back.

We have used them twice before with excellent service! The site is still up and running - if they had gone bust would this not have been closed down immediately - surely taking any more money would be stealing and be a criminal matter.

Could it be right that their site was temporarily down therefore making the phonelines busier?

I have everything crossed for you that it all comes right.

We have used them twice before with excellent service! The site is still up and running - if they had gone bust would this not have been closed down immediately - surely taking any more money would be stealing and be a criminal matter.

Could it be right that their site was temporarily down therefore making the phonelines busier?

I have everything crossed for you that it all comes right.

Their site isn't up and running unfortunately, if you click to order it says they are having technical difficulties and re-directs you to ICE currency. Doubt a site with tech difficuties would send their customers to a competitor.

I too will keep my fingers crossed for you.:hug:

That is terrible news :hug:

We have used them a few times in the past, hope you manage to get something sorted out :hug:

Ali :goodvibes

:sad2:Just to say, hope you and many others get your money back, sending lots of :grouphug:and hope it turns out ok, how flippin awful, im sure we will all be thinking about you:hug:

Their site isn't up and running unfortunately, if you click to order it says they are having technical difficulties and re-directs you to ICE currency. Doubt a site with tech difficuties would send their customers to a competitor.

when i phoned ICE today they said they had nothing to do with crown cuurency and did not know why crown currency where directing people to them .

Oh no, we have used them too and have ordered both dollars and euros through them which are meant to be delivered very soon.

Is it definitely the case that they have gone bust? How can I find out?

Hi I am really sorry this has also happend to you , after taking to the fanacial service assisocation I asked them if after everything I had told them did they think they had gone bust and they said yes , they recived call from people yesterday about them and they said they where going to look into it and asked me to call back next week.

I dont know what bank you are with but we contacted our bank barclays this morning which put us through to the fruad center who said that because we paid via internet banking we where covered under there guartee but we have to give the company 10 days to contact us and if they have gone we can get a refund , so know i have to wait unti the 13th october and in the meantime no $ and no money to buy more ,really hope they have given me the correct info and i am covered and fingers crossed you can also find a solution .

I phoned them on thursday at 5pm to make an order for my $ needed for october had a good chat with them happy with my rate and she sent me a email of my order as normall so I then made the bank transferr thursday night . Assumed I would recive a email confirmation of reciving my paymnet yesterday but nothing arrived so I started calling free phone number busy tone , customer service number always a answer machine phoned all day and since 8am this morning :confused3:scared1:really worried now . if you go on the site and try and orded money they say that there site has a tech hitch and you get directed to another compnay phone them and they say they have nothing to do with them I am now crying and felling very sick they have 1000.00 pounds of our money and there is no way we can find another 1000.00 in 25 days .

So DH is on the phone to are bank that after 10 mins of explaining what has happened they have asured us that we can have the money back( as we had used internet banking) but we have to phone back on the 13th October to recive the money as they have to have ten days to invesitigate , lets hope they stick to there word because I really do not know what to do if they dont refund the money .

I have also contacted the FSA and they said they had a simmalar call from someone yesterday and they are now also investigating . I hope any one how has also used this company recently has recived there money for every one who has not I feel your anger :confused:

sorry for the ramble I am so cross and upset I dont know what to do apart from warn all my Dis friends so hopefully I can stop someone else going through this .
OMG - I just ordered some dollars from them last week. First time I ever used this company too. I have just spoken to my bank and they seem to think I should get my money back OK but not sure how long it will take. Fortunately I only ordered $500 from them as I just needed some cash to get me started.
I hope everyone.

I really hope you get your money back before your holiday - you must be sick.

Thanks everyone for your hugs and thoughts I have not stopped crying :sad1:all morning even though the bank have said we can get a refund I will not belive it unti I see it but I really apperciate all your dis love

OMG!! I am so so so sorry you are going through this, no wonder you feel sick:sad2: I am going to keep absolutely everything crossed for you:hug:

OMG this is terrible. I only received my dollars from them last Thursday.
I hope that everyone can get their money refunded.

Woah there, possibly a bit too much drama and I feel for you if you haven't got your money and should have but there is nothing anywhere that says they've gone bust.

Their redirection merely says they are forwarding you to their supplier ICE to prevent you missing out on currency if you're in a hurry.

The site is still up, I can't find anything in the news and I'm sure the UK currency reporters would have picked up on it.

I'm remaining optimistic at this stage. Given you can't actually order at the moment I don't think we need to be too alarmist.

Felt sick reading this as you all know I have warned against using them at every opportunity, so many people will be affected. Hope there is a way of getting your money back.

Me too. Sometimes I have felt my posts warning about them were unpopular, but I had a feeling it was not a matter of if but when...
I'm encouraged by wildwood's comment that their bank is confident that the money will be refunded. Let's hope other people's banks say the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter