Crown Currency concerns

Legal Eagle as such here:) but not an Insolvency Practitioner but will try my best??

The problem that all unsecured creditors have is that most directors hide behind there limited companies and as your contract was made with the limited company and not the directors themselves it would be very hard and extremely expensive to try and fight a civil case through the county courts to prove the directors were acting out of line.

The administrators however are suppose to be acting on your behalf as well as the secured creditors ie the bank and HMRC (although not a secured creditor they are always on the top of the pecking list). They are duty bound to investigate whether or not any unlawful dividends have been drawn etc by the directors as if they can prove the company was failing and monies still been drawn out within the last so many months ( I cant quite remember the period of time it may even be years) the directors can be asked to repay this money back to the company.

However the big problem here is in my experience the Administrators normally take a huge chunk of the available funds for their costs which they always received before anyone else is even considered.

I work in credit control and I have to agree with the above. The administrators take such a huge chunk for their services that not a great deal - if any - is left. They have to pay any staff wages owed, pensions, followed by any secured creditors and then after all that, if there's money left anyone else who stakes a claim. The best that can happen is a dividend on the money owed - i.e. 10p for every £1 you're owed.

I just hope that in 3 months we don't see them trading again under a different name with all their debts wiped clean!

I totally agree:thumbsup2

We have gained thousands over the years from using CCE especially when they were offering the 2.01 $ to the £ back in 2008.

I do send my sincere thoughts out to all those effected in this situation but always live with my life with the outlook that as long as my nearest and dearest are healthy and well anything else lifes throws at me comes second.

I agree. We've lost our money, but there are many worse things that can happen. We won't let it ruin our holiday.

And for those who are either wise after the event or saying "I told you so" -please stop. Frankly, it isn't helping.

I agree. We've lost our money, but there are many worse things that can happen. We won't let it ruin our holiday.

And for those who are either wise after the event or saying "I told you so" -please stop. Frankly, it isn't helping.

Totally agree, just hope it doesnt ruin anyones holidays

Didn't know if this might help anyone.
Just been having a look at the news and a special call centre has been set up to deal with enquiries.
The call centre number is 0844 826 8659

Well said, T. Whatever the intent and no matter how much anyone tries to dress it up, sadly it just comes across as smugness.

I have just seen the report on central news tonight. Was shocked to say the least! I've never ordered from them as this is exactly what I would be frightened of happening. :scared1:

To everyone on here that has been affected by this I am sooo very sorry x

wow, I haven't logged on for a couple of weeks so was unaware of this until just now, I'm so sorry for everyone, its just awful news :(

so sorry for all of you affected by this x

The other day I offered a number of vouchers prior to this happening. I am delighted that many of them went to people affected. With so many vouchers available both online or from people returning from trips perhaps we could start a voucher thread highlighting online vouchers that can be printed out to help those affected.

What has happened has happened and we can't change that however if we can help our fellow dis members save money then let's focus on that

Just got back today after using CC and canno believe it.I feel bad for telling people that they provided an excellent service as I had never used them before. I feel awful for those who listened to me.What an idiot but then I can only go on what I have experienced.
I do agree with teressa though that saying you wouldnt use them because..........I had all that and luckily for me it worked out but I feel so sorry for you all and all that penny counting is awful. You will all still have a lovely time as it is what you make it-magical. One very sad Crabbie:sad1:

Just got back today after using CC and canno believe it.I feel bad for telling people that they provided an excellent service as I had never used them before. I feel awful for those who listened to me.What an idiot but then I can only go on what I have experienced.
I do agree with teressa though that saying you wouldnt use them because..........I had all that and luckily for me it worked out but I feel so sorry for you all and all that penny counting is awful. You will all still have a lovely time as it is what you make it-magical. One very sad Crabbie:sad1:

Please don't feel bad about sharing info on Crown currency.My DH and me looked at their website and made up our own minds to use them.We actually received the first £500 we ordered with no problems but then decided to order £500 more which unfortunately we lost.We knew there might be a risk but we decided to take it so I consider that to be totally our fault and no-one elses.

I absolutely agree with Mandy. Don't feel bad, Crabbie1. :hug:

We knew there was a risk and it was our own decision to make.

We will make sure we have a great holiday regardless. :goodvibes

OMG I am so sorry to hear of people losing their money over the collapse of this company. We used them for some of our currency for our WBTA cruise in September and for once luck was with us ... after the Globespan fiasco I couldn't have have coped with another trauma. Just 2 weeks later and it would have been a different story.

Sending :hug::hug: to all of you who have lost money through this, and I hope that somehow things get sorted out and you get at least some of your money back. Going on holiday is getting to be a very risky and stressful event. :mad::mad::mad:

I keep meaning to ask if anyone has heard anything lately. We had a form from the administrators to complete about 6 weeks ago, but not heard a word since.

Lets hope that if they are found to have been involved in any wrong doing they are punished accordingly.
The misery they have heaped upon people over the last few months can never be understated and they deserve to know that those responsible are held accountable :mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter