• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CRP from the UK

tifl

Earning My Ears
Hiya!
I'm nearly 18 and from England and have been reading about the Cultural Representative Programme in depth over the past few weeks - I glanced over it when younger but now that I hold offers to go to university I have truly been considering what I want to do and I have decided that if I can help it I really don't want to start university in Sept/Oct of this year.

A little about me - I hold a place to do a Maths degree but throughout my entire childhood trips to Disney World were as frequent as possible! We are not particularly well off but would much rather have saved for a holiday in Florida than a new TV until needs must etc., I used to love interacting with the people in the Pavilions as a child, and still do! Due to this I have decided that the best way to spend a gap year would be working within the WS.

I have a few questions, which are:

Obviously the programme will be hugely competitive, but is it at all possible to get a place on it?
Will Disney care about me going before University?
Has anyone, moreso British people, completed the programme and can provide any feedback?

I hope you all have wonderful days/evenings and hope to speak to you all soon!:woohoo:

Hiya!
I'm nearly 18 and from England and have been reading about the Cultural Representative Programme in depth over the past few weeks - I glanced over it when younger but now that I hold offers to go to university I have truly been considering what I want to do and I have decided that if I can help it I really don't want to start university in Sept/Oct of this year.

A little about me - I hold a place to do a Maths degree but throughout my entire childhood trips to Disney World were as frequent as possible! We are not particularly well off but would much rather have saved for a holiday in Florida than a new TV until needs must etc., I used to love interacting with the people in the Pavilions as a child, and still do! Due to this I have decided that the best way to spend a gap year would be working within the WS.

I have a few questions, which are:

Obviously the programme will be hugely competitive, but is it at all possible to get a place on it?
Will Disney care about me going before University?
Has anyone, moreso British people, completed the programme and can provide any feedback?

I hope you all have wonderful days/evenings and hope to speak to you all soon!:woohoo:

Hi! I haven't been on the program but I sent in my application yesterday. I can tell you that they don't care if you've been to university or not, from what I know it is competitive but I believe that if you present yourself in the best way possible then it is definitely possible to get on. I can't give you much more information than that but I recommend this YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKIA01pwCxMrMWuBGqv-nGg And his personal one has lots of videos from when he was on his program. Hope this helps!

Hi! I haven't been on the program but I sent in my application yesterday. I can tell you that they don't care if you've been to university or not, from what I know it is competitive but I believe that if you present yourself in the best way possible then it is definitely possible to get on. I can't give you much more information than that but I recommend this YouTube channel: And his personal one has lots of videos from when he was on his program. Hope this helps!

Ah thank you so much! Also, I'm up to the application stage where I have to upload my CV and covering letter - both of which I plan on doing either late Thursday or on Friday as I have mocks at the moment and earlier on in the application it asked me to declare whether I was over the age of 18 or not and currently, I am not so I said no, but I want to apply for when I am 18. Do I have to wait to be 18?

Thank you again :)

Ah thank you so much! Also, I'm up to the application stage where I have to upload my CV and covering letter - both of which I plan on doing either late Thursday or on Friday as I have mocks at the moment and earlier on in the application it asked me to declare whether I was over the age of 18 or not and currently, I am not so I said no, but I want to apply for when I am 18. Do I have to wait to be 18?

Thank you again :)

No problem. Um, I know you have to be 18 to do the program, but I'm not sure whether they'll let you apply if you're not. What I would suggest is live chatting with Yummy Jobs - I'm sure they'll be able to tell you. Good luck with your mocks!

No problem. Um, I know you have to be 18 to do the program, but I'm not sure whether they'll let you apply if you're not. What I would suggest is live chatting with Yummy Jobs - I'm sure they'll be able to tell you. Good luck with your mocks!

Thanks, only thing I am perplexed about is that I actually discovered the role on the Disney website and started applying there, but did realise their applications have been open for approximately 8 months which I thought was strange. Can you not apply through Disney directly? Like is their application page actually defunct or are there benefits to applying through YummyJobs?

Thank you again!

Thanks, only thing I am perplexed about is that I actually discovered the role on the Disney website and started applying there, but did realise their applications have been open for approximately 8 months which I thought was strange. Can you not apply through Disney directly? Like is their application page actually defunct or are there benefits to applying through YummyJobs?

Thank you again!

To be honest I had no idea that you could even apply through Disney if not living in the US or Canada. It has always been my understanding that you can only apply through your in-country agency (yummy jobs for us).

To be honest I had no idea that you could even apply through Disney if not living in the US or Canada. It has always been my understanding that you can only apply through your in-country agency (yummy jobs for us).

They let me put my location as the UK and you could select UK education institutions but only degree level and above. Not sure - I will speak to YummyJobs about being 17 and see what they say :)

They let me put my location as the UK and you could select UK education institutions but only degree level and above. Not sure - I will speak to YummyJobs about being 17 and see what they say :)

Yummy Jobs do the first interview before you get a face to face, if sucessful. =)
They're also super helpful with the whole process, and it's nice having a company in the UK who we can go to with questions and are quick to reply... No worrying about timezones if you need to phone or email.

Also I think when I tried going through Disney, they redirected me to Yummy. Disney get involved more with the face to face interviews, and then they email you regarding a yes, or no, or if you're put on the wait list... Then after you accept and pay the program fee, Yummy get back involved and help with CRB checks, and helping with any questions when planning the move, so flights, insurance and anything else you're unsure with. =)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter