CRT or Akershus and 1900 PF??

5intexas

Raising 3 princesses to love the mouse!
Almost time to make ADRs and one last decision....

We have 3 girls who will be 3.5, 6, and 8 on our September trip. I was originally planning on doing an Akershus breakfast (we were there 2 years ago for dinner) and a 1900 Park Fare dinner (we have been for breakfast, but not dinner), figuring I would hit all of the princesses that way. Now I am considering CRT. My main thought was that our oldest is getting older, and I wanted to try the castle while it would still be "magical" for her. I know not to expect too much in the way of food, etc. and that it is not a great value for the money...but for those of you who have eaten at all of these places and can compare, what would you do?? Is CRT something that is much more "magical" than Akershus that it is worth shelling out the $$ and going for it?? Thanks in advance:)

If simply eating in the castle would be the "magical" part, then go for it. But if it's for the characters, skip it. I think it gave my DD more heartache than happiness. They go sooo quickly you are lucky to get a quick pic. We also got missed twice as they went around the tables, I kept saying to DD they would be back. I finally had to stop Cinderella and ask her to please pose for a pic with my DD, that we got missed twice. Chances are, this won't happen to you, but regardless the interaction was very little to none. We are trying Akershus for the first time this year. Hope to have a better experience there!!

What about Princess Storybook Dining (PSD) at Epcot? We did this for the first time 2 weeks ago and DD4 LOVED IT!!!! She got to take a real nice photo with 1 of the Princesses and then additional photos with each of the Princesses as they all came around the table. She got to spend enough time with each Princess and she was on :cloud9: the rest of the day. She still talks about it and has the nice portrait she took with Belle on her dresser. Truly magical experience and one she won't soon forget. We did CRT in December and we liked it, but didn't see all of the Princesses. The experience was nice but that one-on-one interaction was just not there. We've dined at CRT quite a few times and it's been pleasant, but I think PSD was notably much better. We're going back in December and will definetly be doing PSD once again.

At PSD we did breakfast as we do not like norwegian food as we had eaten there a few years back. DW got :sick: after she ate it, but felt much better after she purged.:) The breakfast had the basics and it was perfect. Not to mention that you get to enter Epcot before anyone else does and that's the best part. Seeing the parks totally empty and being in any of the Disney parks, to me, adds a little extra magic to the whole experience. Kinda feel like this when I'm in the parks nearly alone: :dance3::banana::yay::woohoo:

Hi 5intexas, we were 5 in Nebraska and just got back from WDW 5 days ago. While we were there (our first trip) we did the breakfast at Akershus and the dinner at 1900 Fare. I tried to get into CRT with no avail...but think that was a good thing! Akershus was okay and you do get to see quite a few princesses...but have very quick interaction with them..just as much as if you were to go to the princess spot in Toontown (which we also did). They do pause for pictures and sign your autograph books...and as far as the food....uhh...it is breakfast....so what can I say. We absolutely loved dinner at 1900 Fare...when we were there PC was not, but our girls (9,7,5) did not seem to mind...the Fairy Godmother was there in his place, I think. The interactions between the characters (Cindy, StepMother, 2 Stepsisters and FG) were priceless. At one point Anastasia sat down with my husband while the rest of us were out in the middle of the dining room dancing with Cinderella. Our reservation was late, 7:40pm, so they might have been more laid back because of that, but it was an unforgetable experience....and quite magical indeed!

You can't compare the other princess meals with CRT. Dining in the Castle is MAGICAL. Only do it if you can get breakfast or lunch!
It is pricey, but remember that the picture with Cinderella is included in the price.

We did breakfast at CRT and my girls loved it. We had very nice interaction with the princesses, didn't feel rushed at all. They are still loving the wands they got. They also really loved 1900 Park Fare for dinner. They enjoyed seeing Prince Charming most of all I think! The Tremaines are quite entertaining and the food was good.

I have done CRT and 1900 Park Faire with both mice and Step sisters....

It took years for the Castle ressie, and it was a let down (it was dinner.) See Cindy downstairs (she was sweet) and a kitchy show (My 6 year old thought it was silly.) There was even water condensation from the ceiling hitting our table! We just had to laugh at the whole thing.

That said, 1900 Park Faire feels more intimate for some reason. The characters now are quite funny, and when Cindy and the Prince dance eyes certainly light up!:lovestruc Children also love the freedom of choosing their own food at the buffet,... but consider your own dreams for your children! :wizard: If you want to eat in the castle with your young children...go for it!

Whatever you decide, don't lose sleep over your decision: it will be magical for them either way!

We did CRT last Monday for lunch at 1:45. We loved it. We only waited 5-10 minutes for our table. The Princesses were lovely, and unhurried. We both had the Salmon, and loved it! It was wonderful. Plus, it's the CASTLE. It was a beautiful and memorable lunch! I highly recommend it.

We did CRT lunch and Askerhaus dinner last sept. My girls were 3 and 17 months at the time. We actually really enjoyed CRT. I thought the food was as good as anywhere we ate table service. Actually we enjoyed it so much the girls and my DH (yes you read that right) said that is one they want to go back to. Actually my DH only picked two restaurants he really wanted to go back to CRT and 50's Primetime. I just can't decide between breakfast and lunch. We are going during free dining so I may just have to take what I can get!

a problem with character interaction the two times we have been to CRT. In fact the last time we went I remember someone coming around to ensure we had met all of the characters before we left. My daughter insisted on going again this year.

I have had two good meals there and have already decided to do the Major Domo's Favorite Pie again this time.

There are often complaints that the meal is rushed. They do have a set appetizer and dessert so these come out quickly. The entrees are limited and also come out shortly after the appetizers are cleared.

It can be a bit hectic as the kids often don't eat much because they are fascinated with characters. Some of the larger character meals we find ourselves finished eating and waiting for the characters to come around. I'm not sure I have found a good balance yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter