CRT questions. Help please!

sssgrandma

Earning My Ears
I just booked CRT for 8:25am on 6/9. It was the earliest that was available. Is it possible that more/earlier times will be released as time goes on so that I can move it to an even earlier time? If so, when is the best time to check? I heard they held some spots open for non-resort guests to book later.

Also, when checking the menu and forums found that it is a "plated meal". Then saw a comment saying that they will bring you "seconds". So I understand it is not "family style" but is it "all you care to eat? My girls are picky and if they don't like the entree, will they bring them something else?

I also saw a comment that they will box the leftover pastries for you to take with. I hate to look like a cheapskate, and I know I am primarily paying for the experience, not the food, but if they bring a plate of pastries "family style" they would be throwing them out if we don't eat them, right? For $200+ I'd sure like to get something we like and enough of it! LOL

The earliest reservation for an in-park venue is 8:00 or 8:05 regardless of the time the MK opens in the morning. CRT is extremely popular and has a relatively small dining room so it's highly unlikely they've held back any reservations and I have never heard that they hold spots specifically for non-resort guests. The earliest reservations are the most sought after so it is not surprising that they have already been booked.

The most likely possibility of re-booking the reservation to an earlier time is if someone cancels and you happen to be checking online just as the cancellation shows up in the res system. Because of this you'll need to keep checking multiple times a day. Cancellations show up almost immediately so it could be any time of the day or night.

Now I am not suggesting that you swap experiences, but you might want to check Akershus for princess dining. CRT is what it is, and I think it is a lovely experience, however it is expensive. I have brought my DGD to both CRT (lunch) and Akershus breakfast, which is all you care to eat. The food is brought to you, the princesses circle, and it is in a Castle. WE liked that experience as well, and it is 1 TS credit on the DDP. I don't have the OOP price though, so cannot comment if it is less than CRT.

Side note, they will not seat you early in our experiences. Some other breakfast meals do, they made us wait, we went to the shops on main street and then returned to check in.

I have never been seated early for breakfast character meals. I hoped Crystal Palace could but no, 'Ohana the same.

We had 8:20 reservations last year, in the beginning of June. It seemed to me that in the rush of opening and filling up the dining room, they were taking anyone who walked up with a reasonable time. We were with an excited 2 year old so while we tried to take our time up main st and even stopped for a bunch of pictures, we were about the fourth table seated. After pictures with Cinderella, we were in our seats by 8:05. I imagine that would be very different later in the day and they probably couldn't take you early then, but it's quite an influx of people first thing. YMMV of course

I just booked CRT for 8:25am on 6/9. It was the earliest that was available. Is it possible that more/earlier times will be released as time goes on so that I can move it to an even earlier time? If so, when is the best time to check? I heard they held some spots open for non-resort guests to book later.

Also, when checking the menu and forums found that it is a "plated meal". Then saw a comment saying that they will bring you "seconds". So I understand it is not "family style" but is it "all you care to eat? My girls are picky and if they don't like the entree, will they bring them something else?

I also saw a comment that they will box the leftover pastries for you to take with. I hate to look like a cheapskate, and I know I am primarily paying for the experience, not the food, but if they bring a plate of pastries "family style" they would be throwing them out if we don't eat them, right? For $200+ I'd sure like to get something we like and enough of it! LOL

my family is going there that morning as well and we lucked out and got a 8:00am reservation. Keep checking. We booked ours 180 plus 10 days out and got that one.
keep checking and maybe something will open up.

Is it possible that more/earlier times will be released as time goes on so that I can move it to an even earlier time?
. . . no
. . . there are no times held back for CRT
. . . and, they do not open prior to 8:00am, even on EMH days

If so, when is the best time to check?
. . . 15-min prior to ADR

I heard they held some spots open for non-resort guests to book later.
. . . they do not
. . . resort eateries frequently do not book fully
. . . this is to allow guests of THAT resort to squeeze in
. . . but, park eateries do not do such
. . . in all cases, slots are never held for non-resort guests
. . . but, there are ways to get people into sold-out eateries *

Also, when checking the menu and forums found that it is a "plated meal". Then saw a comment saying that they will bring you "seconds".
. . . for breakfast, yes
. . . for lunch/dinner, no, as it IS NOT an all-you-care-to-eat meal

My girls are picky and if they don't like the entrée, will they bring them something else?
. . . there are other off-menu items
. . . you can only hope one of them work for her

I also saw a comment that they will box the leftover pastries for you to take with.
. . . they have done so
. . . but, don't expect to order extra pastries just to be able to take them

For $200+ I'd sure like to get something we like and enough of it!
. . . for breakfast, you will get your fill
. . . but, they do not give you a lot to be able to pack for the parks
. . . unfortunately, $200 is the rate for your family
. . . you just have to go-with-the-flow

* All eateries, except capacity-limited ones (eg, HDDR, Luau, V&A, BBQ), can squeeze folks. Even if 100% sold out. Each resort has 1-2 Concierge that have the dining Override Code. With this, I can put any guest, regardless of how many in the party, into any eatery at any time. Yes, this will backup other diners, but this happens every meal and every day. This is designed for Disney VP-and-above, VIPs at Level 1 or Level 2, and guests of Marketing Dept. At times, I have seen CP and CRT overbooked by more than 100 people during a meal. Of course, the problem is finding the Concierge with The Code, as we don't advertise it on our foreheads. Then, getting one to actually do the favor for you.

It looks like you got your answer. We were there Christmas morning and they didnt allow us to check in more than 10 min early. Once we did we got right in for the picture with Cinderella and were taken up to the table pretty quickly.

The food really is not good. The pastries were the best part. We have dined here for breakfast 2 other times and have never been happy with the food. The do have french toast sticks available that are not on the menu. They will bring more if you ask, all we requested were more potatoes and got a good sized plate of them.

I know eating in the castle is so neat! But, I agree with another poster, its a LOT of money, and in our experiences the food is bleh (food court is better), the princesses were really rushed for us, and we always have a not so friendly server.

We went to akershus on the whim this same trip and the food was much better, the princesses took their time and were not rushed and our server was great!

Disney-operated restaurants do not hold back reservations for certain categories of guests to book later. They may release additional reservations if they can swing extra capacity at the restaurant. That usually doesn't happen with CRT which is small to start with and usually full.

In "Disney speak" family style IS ACYE, it's just brought to the table and not in the form of a buffet. If you want more, you ask for it. As noted, CRT does this only for breakfast.

ok so let me get this right about all you can eat for breakfast ONLY..... if I order I hope I am looking at a current menu steak and eggs after I eat it all I can order something else like say lobster and crab crepes?
I really hope this is correct as my mouth is watering.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter