Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
What state do you live in? I teach in CT, and everything is hypothetical at this point. No one, not even the experts, know what the fall brings.

Colorado, Jefferson County. They released the preliminary draft last weekend for community input. Nothing is finalized, but it made it clear that remote learning would be an option, and that classrooms would be staggered and limited to 10 kids.

Oooh the "vlogger hate" lol
I booked beginning of June and then was able to move to July 1st but out of luck for actually reopening date
There are not that many vloggers, maybe a total of 20 to 30? And that's counting the bigger channels that will most likely get a sort of media preview.
Im hoping to be able to go to an ap preview, I doubt cm preview will allow any guests. And then you bet I'll be hitting the reservation system as often as i am able to.
It's funny cause during the MMRR media preview i was chatting with my handler about the media event hate from fans, that we get invited to things and then we report back, she told me it's free advertising for them, sure they honestly spend to much money on swag and food and perks but then we're giving the new experience free advertising.
Sorry for veering as bit ot.
So yes, vlogger connection this Wednesday at universal, you can watch for free on my channel :D
OH I love that there are vloggers. How else am I going to get my Disney fix most of the year! I just know that they will be there first day. :) I'm not sure I agree that they all have hotels booked either. haha

Makes sense. Consolidate the resorts.

Pick two

Pop Century/All Star Movies/All Star Sports/All Star Music/AOA

Pick one of each

Beach/Yacht
Port Orleans/Riverside
Riviera/CBR
OKW/Saratoga

I think all the Monorail Resorts will open

Just my guess

I wonder if because we have a booked LM room this is a shot at getting upgraded to a Family Suite?

I doubt many schools will make online attendance and the turning in of homework optional as well. Can you imagine online schooling a kid while at WDW? Parents across America are tearing their hair out trying to do that from home. Zoom that Science class from the hotel room when the kid wants to play in WDW? 🤣

By then end of the year, most teachers were doing weekly assignments and check ins, not online classrooms. I don’t know that would continue, but I can easily see a parent opting out of a few days of class in order to pull off a vacation.

I was actually thinking about this last night randomly as I was trying to hypothesize what TS/QS they’ll have open in each resort. Here’s what my guesses are:

BLT - Contempo Cafe/The Wave
VGF - Gasparilla/GFC
BCV - Cape May (no characters or buffet), BC Marketplace
BWV - Bakery/Trattoria al Forno
AKL - The Mara/Sanaa (assuming both AKV sides are open)
BRV/CCV - RF/WCC (maybe Geyser Point since it’s outside?)
PV - Captain Cook’s/Kona

Riviera, SSR, and OKW are all pretty self-explanatory.

If they stick to just the DVC wings (which seems likely initially), it would make sense to not operate the feature pools at resorts with a DVC pool (i.e. BLT, BC, BWV, AKL-KV, maybe they use the BRV pool for CCV as well). The Resorts component is the part of all this I find most fascinating.
Wait...didn't it say the pools at DVC resorts WOULD be open?

...as a teacher, I would like to clone your children and have my next year's classes consist entirely of them. 😂
It does have a great deal to do with intrinsic reward and motivation. Not a quality that is prevalent in today’s world. My 3 that have graduated all graduated a year early also. Virtual school was a definite win for them/us. It’s not for everyone so I know there are many families and students struggling, not to mention teachers that this is totally new to ❤️

Pick two

Pick one of each

Beach/Yacht
Port Orleans/Riverside
Riviera/CBR
OKW/Saratoga

Just my guess
All DVC resorts are open June 22nd. Im not following...maybe i missed a few pages.

Still dont understand why they didn't finish it...had empty parks to do so

I think because construction is a touchy subject when it came to abiding by social distancing protocols. It would have taken more than a few people to get the work done that needed to be, and at times, less than 6 ft of distance between them. So it would have been a topic geared for negative backlash. I think we’ll see construction pick up soon

I think because construction is a touchy subject when it came to abiding by social distancing protocols. It would have taken more than a few people to get the work done that needed to be, and at times, less than 6 ft of distance between them. So it would have been a topic geared for negative backlash. I think we’ll see construction pick up soon
There was a rumor, just a rumor mind you, that some work on Tron had begun again. Not sure it has been verified. It would be nice if they were working on Rat right now and had it open by say, July 28th?? :yay:

Pick two

Pick one of each

Beach/Yacht
Port Orleans/Riverside
Riviera/CBR
OKW/Saratoga

Just my guess
I think you’re mostly right. Based on the DVC announcement, we know they’re going to open the three DVC standalone resorts (SSR, OKW, Riviera). Here are my guesses:
Pop (largest value)
Beach (already will be partially operating because of DVC so why not open the rest)
BW (already will be partially operating because of DVC so why not open the rest)
AKL (assuming they open AKV-Jambo. If not, AKL stays closed probably)
GF (already will be partially operating because of DVC so why not open the rest)
CR (already will be partially operating because of DVC so why not open the rest)
Polynesian (already will be partially operating because of DVC so why not open the rest)
WL (already will be partially operating because of DVC so why not open the rest)
CBR (if Skyliner operates. If not, POR may open instead because of its large size)

I think they might also open AoA (especially if they use the Skyliner), but I’m not sure. I think the hotels will be top-heavy initially not only because they want the most money possible but also because they can really only consolidate up, not down. If they find there’s a night where there are a few too many reservations for CBR for example, they can’t downgrade people to Pop but most would be thrilled if they were upgraded to a Deluxe).

That said, I think it’s unlikely YC and POFQ reopen initially. Same for CSR and the All-Stars.

Wait...didn't it say the pools at DVC resorts WOULD be open?
They said they’d have a pool open at each resort, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’ll be the feature pool, especially if they have a sizable Villas pool like BC (as @yulilin3 said). Could be a similar situation with BLT, BW, and other resorts that have a “Villa” pool. If it’s just BCV open, I’d imagine it may not make much financial sense to operate and staff Storm-Along Bay, but I don’t know. We’ll see. All they’ve promised is a pool; they haven’t said which ones.

I had looked in the DVC reservation system about a week ago before the announcement and July and forward were pretty full. I looked at it last night and July and August now have a lot of availability, especially the larger rooms. So that reflects the number of DVC people cancelling.
I think a lot of people are just not going to deal with all the restrictions and not being sure they can go to a park everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter