Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely don't know when previews will happen. My personal speculation is that CMs will have previews either right before the 4th or right after with APs and DVC right after them, but again, that's just a guess. I don't know.

I will say more confidently that we should hear more concrete information on resorts and reservations by hopefully the end of next week (could be earlier). The plan last I heard was for any remaining DVC/Deluxe Villa cash rooms to be available for the general public to book during the initial reopening period (6/22-7/4ish), but that could change.
This is interesting and I totally missed it earlier. This would indicate that they now don't have enough people booked in this frame of time and will need to open reservations for this period in order to meet their desired capacities.

ETA: They are really cutting that down to the wire too, if true, because it's already less than 2 weeks before DVC resorts open and they so far haven't announced general public new reservations bookable for this time.

I have a reservation for the Dolphin for July 21-23, when it looks like the soccer people will be there.

I just got an email from Swolphin. They note my upcoming reservation, then state that they are reaching out to me to let me know that when the parks re-open, it will be at reduced capacities, that park entry can't be guaranteed, and that they don't know what limits and restrictions may be in place, etc. Then they tell me that the Swan and Dolphin themselves will be offering limited services, etc.

Then they tell me that in light of this they understand if I'd rather cancel and that I need to let them know if I still want to come by June 15 or they're going to cancel my reservation for me.

I'm pretty sure they're gonna cancel my reservation anyway so I don't see the need for all the subterfuge.
Was it this or something else?

This is interesting and I totally missed it earlier. This would indicate that they now don't have enough people booked in this frame of time and will need to open reservations for this period in order to meet their desired capacities.

ETA: They are really cutting that down to the wire too, if true, because it's already less than 2 weeks before DVC resorts open and they so far haven't announced general public new reservations bookable for this time.
Just to be clear this is not confirmed yet. That was the original plan but that could change, depending on what guests with existing reservations in that 6/22 to 7/4 timeframe choose to do. Right now, they're trying to effectively get a "head-count" of who's still in and who's out before they'll know just how many cash rooms they'll have available for new bookings, if any.

Just to be clear this is not confirmed yet. That was the original plan but that could change, depending on what guests with existing reservations in that 6/22 to 7/4 timeframe choose to do. Right now, they're trying to effectively get a "head-count" of who's still in and who's out before they'll know just how many cash rooms they'll have available for new bookings, if any.

I'm hoping that they open up the "are you coming or not" window to early-mid July here soon (I think they will). I am very much still coming, but I'd like to know where I will be staying!

Was it this or something else?
View attachment 500073
It was something else.

Dear Guest:

We hope you are safe and well. Our records indicate you have an upcoming reservation at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin. We are reaching you to provide some key updates on the Walt Disney World Resort theme park so you may determine if you still plan to visit.

We feel it is important to inform you that when the Walt Disney World theme parks reopen in mid-July, it will be at reduced capacities. At this point, we do not know what restrictions and capacity limitations will be put in place. New ticket sales are temporarily paused. Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make reservation requests in phases before new tickets are sold. You can find the latest updates on the theme parks here.

As for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort, we will be offering limited services initially, which will impact various amenities and restaurants typically available to guests.

We understand these changes may vary from your initial expectation when you made your reservation with us, therefore we are asking for you to re-confirm your intention to stay at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin by calling us at 800-227-1500 or e-mailing at reservations@swandolphin.com by Monday June 15th.

If we do not hear from you by 5pm Monday, June 15th, we will refund and cancel your reservation.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach us using the contact information provided.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

I'm hoping that they open up the "are you coming or not" window to early-mid July here soon (I think they will). I am very much still coming, but I'd like to know where I will be staying!
We are July 5-17 at POP. I called and a CM told me that July 5 - ?? arrival adjustments should begin end of this week or beginning of next week. Fingers crossed!!

Good question but I believe it will just be limited to those with APs (which may be majority of DVC members) from the language we’ve seen so far. As in, you still need to be ticketed to attend previews.

Thanks. We have APs linked to our profiles in MDE but they're not yet activated. Worked for SWGE, not sure it will this time (unless they want to drive up AP purchases of course, seemed to work last time).

I just hope the window to adjust is longer then a few weeks because we are flying in and I need to know if by 45 days out so We can possibly get an airfare credit

And with one single word, new hopes are born for Trader Sam’s or Tiki Terrace...

I thought this same thing! 🤞🏻🤞🏻 I mean, the Terrace seems like a no brainer to open/social distance. Otherwise, it’s just Tambu Lounge and the pool bars, right? Am I missing one?

I thought this same thing! 🤞🏻🤞🏻 I mean, the Terrace seems like a no brainer to open/social distance. Otherwise, it’s just Tambu Lounge and the pool bars, right? Am I missing one?
id kill even just for the tambu lounge to open
At the moment, according to the website, only Barefoot Pool Bar will be open. Of course, that could change but the website does not include Trade Sam's Grog Grotto, Terrace, or Tambu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter