Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any more rumors about where the mask free zones will be? (hoping they are outside not in like rumored last week)
We discussed this a few weeks ago, but the rumor I shared from several friends in Parks Ops was that they were considering The Diamond Horseshoe (keep doors open) and the Tomorrowland Terrace (wouldn’t have a use without fireworks) as potential “Relaxation Zones.” The idea being that these would be sort of like the D-Zones that they tried out a few years ago. Guests can sit socially distant (sort of like a lounge/restaurant), can cool down, and they have CMs who can exert a little more “influence” over how much space is between parties. They could also check that all guests are wearing masks before they leave the “Zone.” This was just the initial idea a few weeks ago and very much could change.

We discussed this a few weeks ago, but the rumor I shared from several friends in Parks Ops Was that they were considering The Diamond Horseshoe (keep doors open) and the Tomorrowland Terrace (wouldn’t have a use without fireworks) as potential “Relaxation Zones.” The idea being that these would
The sort of like the D-Zones that they tried out a few years ago. Guests can sit socially distant (sort of like a lounge/restaurant), can cool down, and they have CMs who can exert a little more “influence” over how much space is between parties. They could also check that all guests are wearing masks before they leave the “Zone.” This was just the initial idea a few weeks ago and very much could change.
I missed your post about this, that makes sense, both places would work well

Good news
Park CM are starting to get callbacks to work
I have first hand info from SWGE full timers, some have been called back to start on the 28th
Remember this process goes by seniority with FT CM being called first, so it will take a while to get the cat in place. But the 28th seems to be starting date for all of them
Exciting news! Question: I read somewhere that someone was told that APs would not be extended until CMs were called back to work onsite. Does this mean we may finally see the APs extended, starting on June 29th? Or are these completely separate groups of CMs?

do you think it will be acceptable to remove your mask for photos?

I know in Universal they let you but you do have to pop it right back on.

Also - we will know a lot more SOOOOON - because two Disney resorts will be opening tomorrow: Vero Beach and Hilton Head.

Yes - i know - no park related stuff. but operationally speaking I'm looking forward to getting clarity on the pool situation, the food situation, how poolside activities are actually going to take place - things like that.

I missed your post about this, that makes sense, both places would work well
The info is a few weeks old now, so we’ll have to see what happens, especially after Disney sees how UOR’s “U-Zones” are going. May I ask have you seen TMs “manning” these spots or the entrances/exits or are people mostly on their own?

Exciting news! Question: I read somewhere that someone was told that APs would not be extended until CMs were called back to work onsite. Does this mean we may finally see the APs extended, starting on June 29th? Or are these completely separate groups of CMs?
When you say extended do you mean people being able to purchase renewals or Disney adding the days they were closed to existing APs? Because as for adding the closed days, Disney still hasn’t made an announcement as to when the clock will restart. Would it be 7/11, 7/15, or some other date in the future. Still unknown.

I saw someone said yes to this... is “yes” an official answer from Disney or that person’s opinion? I’m not sure I read this was allowed, but I certain haven’t read everything.
I believe the official word from Disney is only to remove masks in the mask free zones or when eating.

When you say extended do you mean people being able to purchase renewals or Disney adding the days they were closed to existing APs? Because as for adding the closed days, Disney still hasn’t made an announcement as to when the clock will restart. Would it be 7/11, 7/15, or some other date in the future. Still unknown.
Adding the closed days. I had read a post that the number of days the parks are closed has not been added yet because the CMs need to be onsite for that. Disney has said that the passes will be extended for the number of days the parks are closed (so March 16-July 10 inclusive, which is when parks were closed):

“If you are an Annual Passholder who has paid in full:
All active Walt Disney World Resort theme park and water park Annual Passes will be extended for the number of days the parks are closed. The new expiration date will be reflected on the Annual Passholder’s account prior to the reopening of the parks.”

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/annual-passes/

Adding the closed days. I had read a post that the number of days the parks are closed has not been added yet because the CMs need to be onsite for that. Disney has said that the passes will be extended for the number of days the parks are closed (so March 16-July 10 inclusive, which is when parks were closed):

“If you are an Annual Passholder who has paid in full:
All active Walt Disney World Resort theme park and water park Annual Passes will be extended for the number of days the parks are closed. The new expiration date will be reflected on the Annual Passholder’s account prior to the reopening of the parks.”

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/annual-passes/
I’m thinking they need more of the call center CMs called back to work before announcing, not front of show staff. And I think some of us are holding out hope that they’ll add more days to the passes. At least through 7/15 when all parks will be open, but maybe even a few more weeks after due to limited offerings.

I’m thinking they need more of the call center CMs called back to work before announcing, not front of show staff. And I think some of us are holding out hope that they’ll add more days to the passes. At least through 7/15 when all parks will be open, but maybe even a few more weeks after due to limited offerings.
That makes sense. I guess I’m grasping at straws hoping the recall of the Park CMs also means the Call Center CMs are recalled.

We are within 30 days of Parks reopening. Our trip starts in 34 days and our APs expired during the closure, so I am hoping they will be extended soon. It would be nice if they got extended more than July 11th, but at this point I need them to just go ahead and extend it, before the park reservation system opens and before we are allowed to modify mid-July resort reservations.

So that's a different department all together. I believe we will see an update on AP extension/refunds/ availability to upgrade once the phone CM get back to the offices in full. Right now most are working from home and don't have the infrastructure to do that

The info is a few weeks old now, so we’ll have to see what happens, especially after Disney sees how UOR’s “U-Zones” are going. May I ask have you seen TMs “manning” these spots or the entrances/exits or are people mostly on their own?
Yes there are TM and the entrance/exits to the UOZones inside the parks, I haven't noticed any at CityWalk

I was just chatting with a friend who works at merchandise at MK. She was telling me no merchandise CM have been called for MK yet and that the full timers that have been called back and are working at DS are working 60 hours a week, getting paid time and a half. I found that strange since I would think Disney would not want to pay extra on anything and what she thinks is happening is that they are trying to keep the CM count low to allow more guests into the stores (capacity) makes sense to me but that would mean that most Part timers will not get called back soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter