Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else still unable to get through to Disney IT? We have tickets (and a resort stay) but haven't been able to reserve park days for two people in our group because MDE inexplicably reassigned their tickets to a third member of our group. I got through to a phone CM who couldn't help me -- she said I needed to call Disney IT. I have been trying since Monday without success. Are they taking calls? If anyone has gotten through to Disney IT in the past couple days, which number did you use?
I was able to get through to IT at 1-800-848-6413. Two days ago I was able to get through using option 4 but today I used option 3. I'm an AP holder and could not make more than 3 days park reservations on a 5 day Disney Springs resort stay. The CM was finally able to make my remaining reservations. On hold 1 hour 42 minutes. I did have to use the dial-hangup-dial method to actually get a line.

Hi All

I live local. Can I take a Lyft to a resort for dining? I don't have reservations, just want to walk up

Ty!
I don't now if they'd let you in in a Lyft but you could park at Springs and take a bus over. I saw someone do that today and go to Sanaa for lunch (walk up). However I watched someone yesterday that tried to go to Whispering Canyon and they had to make an ADR first even though it was empty. They ended up having to go to concierge to get the reservation cause their app wasn't working. (they were staying at Copper Creek)

Just watching CNN, and it looks like the media may be stirring the pot. They were talking about Disneyland opening being delayed, and then the reporter/analyst/pundit mentioned that they see no way that Disney World can open as planned. If media outlets put pressure on Disney, I would not be surprised to see WDW delay the opening due to bad publicity ... ie anything is possible at this point
Wouldn't call that "stirring the pot" per se. Which was it, reporter? Analyst? Pundit? A reporter making that statement is likely an uninformed opinion. Analyst is a professional and should be listened to. Pundit is political. Was it a doctor? Epidemiologist? If it's the latter, then you should listen as they know how viruses spread. Just making a blanket statement with shades of "media is bad" thrown in is not really fair.

Just watching CNN, and it looks like the media may be stirring the pot. They were talking about Disneyland opening being delayed, and then the reporter/analyst/pundit mentioned that they see no way that Disney World can open as planned. If media outlets put pressure on Disney, I would not be surprised to see WDW delay the opening due to bad publicity ... ie anything is possible at this point
They started with that take literally minutes after DL made the announcement last Eve. I had CNN in coincidentAlly while reading the release.

Wouldn't call that "stirring the pot" per se. Which was it, reporter? Analyst? Pundit? A reporter making that statement is likely an uninformed opinion. Analyst is a professional and should be listened to. Pundit is political. Was it a doctor? Epidemiologist? If it's the latter, then you should listen as they know how viruses spread. Just making a blanket statement with shades of "media is bad" thrown in is not really fair.
Last night it was Dr Sanjay Gupta

Just checking... can I get stand alone tickets for 2021 yet? We have a dvc rental credit to use so a package won’t work. Thanks!

June 28th...it was on the DVC site today for stand alone 2021 tickets

Is this on cnn rn?

I'm curious about the emails that went out asking us to confirm our reservations. Did anyone get one for an Oct or later reservation? Our son got one for his Aug trip, but I didn't get one for an Oct trip.

Thanks!
I also got one for my Aug trip but not my Oct trip.

BTW I got a survey from Disney earlier today about my park reservation in 11 months. Thought that was kinda funny :D

It basically asked what continent I'm from, my age, how easy the park res. system was to use, what I know about requirements for visiting the parks now and what requirements I'd like to see, if I've been to wdw, last time and how often, if I'm staying at a wdw resort, how many people in my fam and their ages, household income and if I'm a member of a number of associations (like TiW, DVC, AP, Club33, CM, Visa holder, etc)

Since this is a blanket "theme park updates" thread I just got an interesting email from SeaWorld, of which I bought APs for my family during their huge special ($250 Platinum AP for all U.S. parks):

-they have upgraded my 3 year old's silver pass to Gold til 12/31/20 which enables an additional free guest ticket and 50% off extra guest tickets, a free animal encounter, and free photo downloads, plus free preferred parking and extra in park discounts
-they have upgraded my husband and my Platinum passes to include: $50 in-park spending credit per pass, 2 specialty drinks per pass, 30% dining and shopping in parks

Step. Up. Your. Game. Disney.

That is all :)
UPDATE: I received an email from SeaWorld parks today saying they accidentally sent these emails to people who purchased passes after May 18, 2020 and these emails were meant for people who were passholders during the shutdown not new passholders and all the benefits listed are invalid for new passholders. So, great job there, SeaWorld parks. I retract my praise of you! 🤣

Just to clarify, does anyone know if we will be able to book packages for late 2021 (October-December) on the 28th?

If not, do we have any idea when that will open up?

They left out a few steps:
  • Try to log in to your MDE account and get a "Just a Moment" pink castle landing page.
  • Repeat for 2 hours
  • Once you are able to see the Park Pass System button, click it to go to a Space Mountain landing page with a randomly selected countdown that resets at indeterminate intervals.
  • Once you finally get in, if you are unable to book your Park Pass reservations despite having room reservations and valid park tickets for those days, call CS and wait on hold for several hours.
  • Scream in frustration

I'm curious about the emails that went out asking us to confirm our reservations. Did anyone get one for an Oct or later reservation? Our son got one for his Aug trip, but I didn't get one for an Oct trip.

I don't want to waste the time calling them if they only need confirmation for trips up to a certain date right now.

Thanks!

I have not gotten one for our 11/30 DVC rental or our 12/1 POFQ package! I do usually get the Disney emails, FWIW.

I can only speak to my experience, but I am booked through a TA and I receive the emails directly from Disney.
Same here. My August stay is through a third party, I got the email last night, and I confirmed the reservation today. I waited on the phone while they called Disney, and they came back that it was done. So many hoops to jump through! You would think Disney would have seen that I made park reservations on Monday and figured, yes, she’s still coming as scheduled.

I don't want to waste the time calling them if they only need confirmation for trips up to a certain date right now.

Thanks!

Got one yesterday for a Labor Day Trip on DVC points have to "respond by Aug 4"

Don't remember where I read it (my brain is fried after the phone calls this week!) But I think the confirmation/action required emails are only being sent to guests with trips from July 11th thru Sept 30th right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter