Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a dumb question... But don't 99% the performers just lip sync at Disney? Obvious exclusions, but..
live performances are:
FotLK singers (main 4)
FNtM all are miked
VoL
VotLM: Ariel sings live
Disney Jr. both hosts sing live
BatB: Belle and Gaston are live
Indiana Jones Epic, both Indy and Marion are miked
Frozen Sing Along all actors are live

No they are live. I think there are exceptions (I can’t say with 100% certainty but I’d be shocked if all of Disney Jr Dance Party was live)

That’s why I was so disappointed by Disney on Ice.
Hmmmm... I think I might be adding cast members into this Union that are not covered by it. it threw me off when the image for the article was the opening rope drop show. So it's not the characters, but rather the stage show performers only?

Edit: thank you Yulilin3!!🌞

If the performers wore masks, this would probably be good for the parents with small kiddos. I know when mine were small it would have been much easier for me to convince them the masks were "cool" because Nemo, the princess, and other performers were wearing them.

I know nothing about the quality of Universal shows. Are these live, broadway quality shows like FOTLK and Finding Nemo? I can’t imagine how those shows can be done wearing masks.
They're live mini shows I'd call them. They have around 4-6 singers/dancers and perform outdoors. I can't think of an indoor show besides the new Borne stunt show (have no idea what that one entails)

That’s true - no way of knowing where they contracted it. We’re from a conservative area where many see wearing a mask as some sort of political statement and think the virus is no big deal, so I doubt they were being as careful as they should have been.
Bit of a blind spot for a financial planner there? COVID is going to be the driving force in the markets for the next couple of years. Disney certainly seems to be recognizing this, which is why the park strategy appears to one developed to assume COVID will be present at least through 2021. That’s reality and why they’re positioned to remain a solid longterm investment.

WDW has always been a Petri dish and I’ve always gone assuming some horrible pathogen is present. Among my friends and family, I’m the only one who hasn’t gotten seriously ill from a Disney trip; pneumonia from Influenza (A and B, simultaneously!), hand, foot & mouth, norovirus, etc. We transformed years ago into that family who brings cleaning products for the room and walks around the parks with multiple bottles of hand sanitizer hanging from our bags. Masks? No problem. Glad it’s socially acceptable now.

They're live mini shows I'd call them. They have around 4-6 singers/dancers and perform outdoors. I can't think of an indoor show besides the new Borne stunt show (have no idea what that one entails)

Not something I’d want to do, but they sound much different than the live action shows at WDW.

Come on now - saying credibility is being stretched and that the source is stretching things is a softened version of saying something is a lie. My source is the father of the family. I know they were going opening day because they were all excited about it. Dad said they started feeling under the weather the day they were leaving (so yeah, probably caught it earlier and brought it with them) and got tested once they were home. Again, here in Michigan you can have results in a half hour.

People seem pretty willing to convince themselves everything will be fine at Disney so they feel safe visiting, but this is a real situation, and I’m sure it’s not the only one like it - so for those who are going, please take precautions even before you get there so you aren‘t the one spreading it.
I don’t think you or they are lying. I just think they’re misinformed & are incorrect about where they contracted it.

Bit of a blind spot for a financial planner there? COVID is going to be the driving force in the markets for the next couple of years. Disney certainly seems to be recognizing this, which is why the park strategy appears to one developed to assume COVID will be present at least through 2021. That’s reality and why they’re positioned to remain a solid longterm investment.

WDW has always been a Petri dish and I’ve always gone assuming some horrible pathogen is present. Among my friends and family, I’m the only one who hasn’t gotten seriously ill from a Disney trip; pneumonia from Influenza (A and B, simultaneously!), hand, foot & mouth, norovirus, etc. We transformed years ago into that family who brings cleaning products for the room and walks around the parks with multiple bottles of hand sanitizer hanging from our bags. Masks? No problem. Glad it’s socially acceptable now.

Yeah, traveling with a kid with an allergy you get yourself into extra cleaning routines on airplanes, hotel rooms, and in public in general pretty quickly that lend themselves nicely to a pandemic! We are that family too.

I would actually be interested to know this answer, just for general knowledge! I know the leads in the Little Mermaid and the BatB stage show don't lip-sync, as I know people who have been Ariel and Belle, and I don't think the performers at Nemo do. I wasn't able to tell with FotLK, though! I finally landed on they were actually singing, lol.

The necessary voice projection (even with mics) for spoken dialogue and the close proximity of the performers is still a big risk-factor, though, even if the majority are actually lip-syncing.
Some Ariels have made me shudder from some of the attempted notes that came out of them during Part of Your World. It was evident it wasn't a recording.

Hmmmm... I think I might be adding cast members into this Union that are not covered by it. it threw me off when the image for the article was the opening rope drop show. So it's not the characters, but rather the stage show performers only?

Edit: thank you Yulilin3!!🌞
yeah the actors union is for equity actors.
I forgot to mention the two singers from the MiSiMD

What do they exactly theme it too? It’s not permanent.
Obviously it's not permanent but neither are any walls Disney puts up. They still theme them in some way. Do you think that people paying GF prices should be seeing those ugly chain link fences for 3 months?

A little sound engineer tech talk..if the singers return and are wearing masks the sound crew will adjust the levels , a little less bass and bump up the mid range and treble to get close to normal. The average guests will not be able to tell the difference..

Temporary construction walls sometimes get something on them. These GF walls are even more temporary though so I’m thinking they don’t bother. Who knows. I also thought they wouldn’t share the GF between NBA and unwashed masses but here we are.
Yeah I’m thinking they are staying like this. No reason to heavily theme them or anything.

Here at VGF now. Enchanted Rose is closed of course due to new announcement. Splash pad is not open. Visited Gasparilla and the gift shops. They are being very very careful here. Fencing is being put up for the NBA. It’s definitely not pretty. 🤣 Nice to change resorts mid trip this time due to limited dining and we needed a new pool to hang out in.View attachment 504600View attachment 504601
Wow that fence is an eyesore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter