Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not being naive. They had tk test and quarantine at home. Then go to Orlando and quarantine again. They are taking precautions. They aren’t playing now. Season doesn’t start for a month so these positives mean zero
It doesn't mean zero. That said, whoever is fully cleared will come.
There will likely be games of some sort.

If there is any hint of delaying the opening it would start to come out NOW

Do we know if anyone in the know on the other boards have said anything?

I dont think it would have to come out now. They could wait until after the 4th of July weekend. A lot can happen in a week. If they delay now and on July 5th the numbers are on the downtrend, they probably could have opened safely, but already made the decision to delay and will have to completely re-do their re-opening plans. Resort reservations, parks reservations, bringing CMs back etc.

If they delay the reopening, its not going to open up the following week. We’re probably looking at a month delay, at the very least. Possibly not until next spring with the possibility of a reemergence of a possible 2nd wave in November/December

Our high school seniors returned from senior week at the Jersey shore last Sunday. Many are testing positive for Covid - 19 and most are asymptomatic. Those with symptoms were very mild ones, such as, fever for a few hours or a day, and one kid lost his sense of smell and taste for a day. We haven't had any spikes in our township all month until this. It does seem to me that it's the teens, young and younger adults that are the cause of the spike. I was in Orlando for Universal's opening. People on property were playing by the rules, but when I went to the outlet mall and the inside mall it was a completely different scene. Some were wearing masks some weren't. Also, my great aunt is recovering from Covid-19 in a nursing home in Miami-Dade. She had a fever for a day and felt tired. The hardest problem was that she refused to eat. Her appetite came back 5 days after testing positive. The supervisor at her nursing home told us that the few cases they are seeing now are not anything as bad as what they were seeing the previous 2 months. If you follow social distancing, wear masks, keep hands away from face, and wash hands and sanitize often, you should be safe from the virus.

Why would it have to? I think they would keep rolling until closer to previews/opening dates and then suddenly stop if things remain bad or have gotten worse.
If there were "rumblings" someone would hear something
I dont think it would have to come out now. They could wait until after the 4th of July weekend. A lot can happen in a week. If they delay now and on July 5th the numbers are on the downtrend, they probably could have opened safely, but already made the decision to delay and will have to completely re-do their re-opening plans. Resort reservations, parks reservations, bringing CMs back etc.

If they delay the reopening, its not going to open up the following week. We’re probably looking at a month delay, at the very least. Possibly not until next spring with the possibility of a reemergence of a possible 2nd wave in November/December

If they wait until next spring financially disney will not exist

I am still sticking with they will open on time.

So around the national average. Got it. Amazing testing a bunch of people gives you a data set of the population as a whole. 😯
No. This was taking a group that believed they were healthy.

The national average is people who have sought out testing because they have reason to believe they have it, either contact or symptoms.

But I agree, they have plenty of time to quarantine and be ready to play so it’s not a deal breaker on its own.

Personally I think that Disney is going to open on time regardless of the numbers unless cast members test positive at a rate that makes staffing difficult.
I agree. I believe that Disney planned for this eventuality. That’s why they’ve been so careful with their restrictions. Most Florida universities are planning to have on-campus classes (albeit modified versions) and students in the dorms in August. I don’t see Florida making Disney postpone when they’re planning to let the universities go ahead, and I don’t see Disney voluntarily slowing down unless something extraordinary happens. An increase in the number of cases (particularly without a corresponding spike in deaths) seems like something they’ve factored into their planning. I went to Disney Springs last weekend, and I felt safer than I do at my local grocery store. Everyone was wearing a mask, everyone was being reminded to socially distance, and there were CMs cleaning things all over the place. I don’t see any reason why they shouldn’t open, but they may want to rethink their capacity inside table service restaurants and indoor rides.

No. This was taking a group that believed they were healthy.

The national average is people who have sought out testing because they have reason to believe they have it, either contact or symptoms.

But I agree, they have plenty of time to quarantine and be ready to play so it’s not a deal breaker on its own.
My last post on this as it is getting off topic. This is not necessarily true. I know of jobs where I am located that are requiring testing frequently. People going in for elective surgeries are getting tested. So it is similar. Not everyone getting tested is because of symptoms.

If there were "rumblings" someone would hear something

If they wait until next spring financially disney will not exist

I am still sticking with they will open on time.

iMagic Kingdom presented by iPhone XIIVX
iEPCOT presented by Airpods
iHollywood Studios presented by Apple TV
iAnimal Kingdom presented by MacBook

What I was basically saying is there are a lot more ramifications to the business if they delay this reopening than people think. Q3 ends in a few days. I’m sure Shareholders are going to love to hear that Disney won’t have their 6 domestic parks open for another month, at the very least. Mulan getting delayed again.

Disney needs to open on July 11th. If they can’t, they’re going to be in very big trouble

I think that Disney will open on time because it’s too late to apply the brakes to this speeding train. But I think that the “first phase” of reopening is going to last a lot longer than was previously expected.

And I hope people give a lot of thought as to how they’re getting there. Airports, rental cars, Magic Express, Uber or Lyft. It’s more than just about how well Disney can protect you. It’s about protecting yourself in these other environments.

Why would it have to? I think they would keep rolling until closer to previews/opening dates and then suddenly stop if things remain bad or have gotten worse.

I don't think they'll say something now about a date still two weeks out. Too familiar with Disney to expect that, lol.

I would hope that they would say something soon, though, for the sakes of anyone traveling for July 11/July 15 reopenings. It would be the considerate thing to do.

But again, I absolutely don't expect it.

I think that Disney will open on time because it’s too late to apply the brakes to this speeding train. But I think that the “first phase” of reopening is going to last a lot longer than was previously expected.

And I hope people give a lot of thought as to how they’re getting there. Airports, rental cars, Magic Express, Uber or Lyft. It’s more than just about how well Disney can protect you. It’s about protecting yourself in these other environments.
This is what I can see too

This very low capacity parks will last a lot longer than previously planned

Has anyone used the DME from the airport, yet?

Has anyone received their DME luggage tag, yet?

I read that the WDW resort's DME offices are initially closed and when you depart your resort at the end of your vacation I presume there will be a way to set up a DME pick-up time using the MDE. You will have your luggage at the resort's DME pick-up site and when you get to the airport, you take your luggage to your airline to be checked-in. And if you don't already have your ticket on your phone, you also get that at your airline.

I've seen photos of the MCO's airport DME before the resorts opened and it looks like they have prepared for social distancing.
We leave July 5th. Got our tags in the mail two days ago.

iMagic Kingdom presented by iPhone XIIVX
iEPCOT presented by Airpods
iHollywood Studios presented by Apple TV
iAnimal Kingdom presented by MacBook

What I was basically saying is there are a lot more ramifications to the business if they delay this reopening than people think. Q3 ends in a few days. I’m sure Shareholders are going to love to hear that Disney won’t have their 6 domestic parks open for another month, at the very least. Mulan getting delayed again.

Disney needs to open on July 11th. If they can’t, they’re going to be in very big trouble
Agreed. If they don’t open soon, I worry that they won’t be able to open at all. I get that they’re a big company, but they’ve been hemorrhaging cash for months. At some point, they’ve got to do something to stop the bleeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter