Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney was open with packed crowds before the stay at home orders and during the spread and had a known active contagious person in the parks (most likely a lot more), yet there is no evidence of anything of near 100 deaths traced to the parks, there is not one, or even a possibility of one. We would see cases like that to appear by now. There might be cases and yes this is my opinion but I think we would have seen at a minimum of one death or supposed or possibilty of a death traced back to the parks at this point. Again opinion only.
I am 100% certain there were cases picked up at WDW or DLR, but once everyone went home to their respective states, no one had any way to trace exactly where it came from. The grocery store, the plane, etc.

Many people in this thread sadly have personal cases and concerns that are truly tragic and valid regarding the covid disease, no one is disputing that and knowing this Disney community cares for them. My take is we are discussing this strictly on a general macro level with no intention of diminishing or offending anyone. In my opinion, which is often wrong :) This is not the place to make anything personal one way or another.

Last edited:
That's how I think Disney will be run for awhile. If you read the fast pass thread sounds like they are already planning on it. Wonder if standby lines will be a thing of the past for awhile.
That seems like one of the easiest to implement changes they could make to help control capacity in lines. They already have the FP+ infrastructure in place.

And before people chime in with how it would be unfair to limit what people have paid to do in the parks, I think Disney is going to have to be very up front and transparent about the limitations guests can expect, let people make their own decisions if they find a limited experience worth it, perhaps offer discounted tickets and extend cancellation/refund policies for those who feel it is not worth the trip.

My totally speculative thoughts about what we could see at least for a little bit: limited resorts open once they look at occupancy rates past the date they plan to open (much like after 9/11), more prepackaged grab and go food items in both resorts and parks to limit contact, increasing capacity for mobile ordering and scaling back capacity for face to face ordering, no buffets, no face character meets, no parades or fireworks or similar type events that cause people to all gather in one spot, FP or boarding group only for attractions with tight queues especially. But like I have posted earlier in this thread, I am sure they have multiple teams working many, many scenarios and adjusting based on new information as it comes in. We are all just guessing here.

I am 100% certain there were cases picked up at WDW or DLR, but once everyone went home to their respective states, no one had any way to trace exactly where it came from. The grocery store, the plane, etc.

I understand you feel that and totally get it, but that is not known 100%. Just as much as I don't know 100%. My take is maybe it has but we would have heard about by now.

I think there is a big difference between a small theater and a spread out park.

Movies, everyone is in one place and one room for hours.

Yup, plus there is other factors involved in the moving of the movie. If movie theaters are open that time, people are going to be afraid to go. Also can't do any effective marketing, and many others reasoning for the move.

He was also at a large convention and visited Universal while there .

Yes , but we are discussing Disney here and he was a Disney, and from the bases that this is highly contagious like others have opined, we should have many cases in Disney and for that matter, Universal and Convention etc.

SO many rumors who knows what to believe. I was just told that a DVC member on FB stated they have info that things wont open until the end of the FY (end of September). that seems like a stretch but who knows.

CPs make up a large contingent of the parks’ front line workforce. They need them to run at full speed.

1. I don't think we will see full speed for quite some time.

2. CPs take away tons of hours from underemployed full and part time local CMs. CPs are used more as a cost saving measure than they are in an actual need for staffing. Not saying they aren't needed. But I do think it's possible to run the parks at a limited capacity without them for a while. And I actually would hope they do that to give other CMs the chance to make up hours after losing out on so much work.

Yes , but we are discussing Disney here and he was a Disney, and from the bases that this is highly contagious like others have opined, we should have many cases in Disney and for that matter, Universal and Convention etc.
We probably did but there is also probably a lot of people who have had the virus but never go tested as there symptoms never got that bad. Til there is a vaccine or a way to cure people who do get sick I think there will be some sort of social distancing. Disney will open sooner than later but you will probably see lower capacity and a virtual que for most attractions.

SO many rumors who knows what to believe. I was just told that a DVC member on FB stated they have info that things wont open until the end of the FY (end of September). that seems like a stretch but who knows.
Considering how many DVC members are floating around here if that was something DVC members were informed of it would have Blown Up on the DIS...

Honestly I’ve read a lot of off the wall stuff on this board over the years, but I have NEVER seen anyone even close to imply they would be sad with a less crowded WDW. Literally alone would probably be creepy yes, but WDW is not going to open if they need to make sure people don’t see other people and had the illusion they were near alone in the parks.

Im thinking low crowds will be a problem for almost 0 guests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter