Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is true. It's because being open or being closed doesn't stop stupid people from being stupid. 😉

Although that is very true, the politicians and people on this board are stating, opening too soon for the current spike in cases.

ON TOPIC: why do we think that there will be no boat transportation from resorts to the parks? I can't find that on the website.

I hope they will be!

It is true. It's because being open or being closed doesn't stop stupid people from being stupid. 😉

ON TOPIC: why do we think that there will be no boat transportation from resorts to the parks? I can't find that on the website.
Most of those boats are probably small enough that they can't transport many people with distancing in place and Disney probably doesn't have enough of them to handle the likely demand.

Give the orders some teeth. Set up stiff fines and enforce them. I agree, some people just aren’t going to comply without it costing them. If that doesn’t work, then start shutting down. It’s painful, but it’s better than just letting this thing run rampant.

But....There wasn’t a single state that started reopening early that actually met federal guidelines with a 14 day decline in rates. So maybe, even before going after citizens, the states start following guidelines too. If people want their states to open, do what has to be done for it to happen.

I’m sick of sitting at home because people can’t behave.

The masks have gotten political. I'm not going any further on it than that, but that's the reality. Strict universal enforcement will be tough as even some police departments say they simply won't enforce it. So it may be left up to businesses.

There is also complacency. And I've mentioned this many times before. The virus is dangerous but isn't overly lethal to most people. When the risks are not perceived to be high for one self, it's difficult to keep the entire population in a heightened state of awareness. This is especially true among the youth. That's why they are willing to go out to bars and clubs. All the Disney reservations are taken up immediately. etc.. They aren't afraid.

Most of those boats are probably small enough that they can't transport many people with distancing in place and Disney probably doesn't have enough of them to handle the likely demand.
True... But do you know where people are seeing that they will be closed?

Edit: I asked this in a super confusing way-- so we know for sure that they are closed? 😅 I cannot find that on the website.

because of social distancing can only take a very few each load add that to time boat takes could be a very long wait is my guess. not enough boats to make it work

True... But you know where people are seeing that they will be closed?
Don’t know for sure where it originated from. But I think it was either staff call backs or someone with insider info. Same with the rumor of no trams in the parking lots upon reopening.

It does make sense for no boats though, especially those little wooden ones they mainly use for the resorts around MK. Too much close contact between the CM and the guests.

Maybe because everyone will be required to wear masks which with water isn't helpful? Not exactly sure since I know Splash Mountain is open.

Well you’re not jumping off the boat and into the water with your mask on lol

its probably more due to not being able to socially distance guests on the boats while also having enough people on them to warrant keeping them going.

Its not forever. Once cases start going down you move to the next phase and start opening things. That's how you adapt. Do it slowly and safely.
The problem is the virus isn’t going away. The only reason things were shut down was to flatten the curve, so hospitals don’t get over run. We now have a stockpile of ventilators and PPE Mask. The truth is a “safe” reopening is impossible as the disease doesn’t magically go away with some pixie dust, it will still be there when anybody decides it’s finally safe to come out. Wash your hands, practice social distancing and wear a damn mask and if you are a vulnerable population stay inside. The rest go support what you can right now and save the businesses you love

The masks have gotten political. I'm not going any further on it than that, but that's the reality. Strict universal enforcement will be tough as even some police departments say they simply won't enforce it. So it may be left up to businesses.

There is also complacency. And I've mentioned this many times before. The virus is dangerous but isn't overly lethal to most people. When the risks are not perceived to be high for one self, it's difficult to keep the entire population in a heightened state of awareness. This is especially true among the youth. That's why they are willing to go out to bars and clubs. All the Disney reservations are taken up immediately. etc.. They aren't afraid.
When did the police force become the entity that makes laws? Must've missed that one. I thought they enforce the laws that others make. 🤔
Unfortunately, leaving law enforcement up to businesses whose bottom line is padded by looking the other way (bars, clubs, etc.) is never going to work. Disney, for their part, is a good social citizen and is no doubt going to do their best to enforce the requirements. Unfortunately, not all businesses are Disney.

Last edited:
Don’t know for sure where it originated from. But I think it was either staff call backs or someone with insider info. Same with the rumor of no trams in the parking lots upon reopening.

It does make sense for no boats though, especially those little wooden ones they mainly use for the resorts around MK. Too much close contact between the CM and the guests.
granted this was years ago but I remember a MK closing that took us 6 boats to get on to go back to FW. line was that long. now look at social distancing and not a lot of boats how long is it going to take to get back to resort

The problem is the virus isn’t going away. The only reason things were shut down was to flatten the curve, so hospitals don’t get over run. We now have a stockpile of ventilators and PPE Mask. The truth is a “safe” reopening is impossible as the disease doesn’t magically go away with some pixie dust, it will still be there when anybody decides it’s finally safe to come out. Wash your hands, practice social distancing and wear a damn mask and if you are a vulnerable population stay inside. The rest go support what you can right now and save the businesses you love
I agree. This is a really tough situation we’re all going through. Does WDW stay closed or reopen? Even countries that had few cases are seeing small spikes as they reopen. Having a cast member in our household we debate this constantly. This isn’t going away. I think we all have to do our part to stay safe. Those that don’t practice safety may get the virus and hopefully not pass it to the most vulnerable. I hate that we have to live with it but it’s our reality. A doctor on one of the Florida briefings said the general feeling in the medical community is that it’s less potent and they’re going to study the data to be sure. In the meantime we all need to take precautions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter