Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing would surprise me at this point. I’d wait and see on this though. I know many, myself included, that loved Minnie Vans. Definitely pricey but enjoyable.
Why would the Minnie Vans have been hemorrhaging so much money? They’re way more expensive than LYFT, run on the LYFT system, and were in high demand in my experience (on many of my trips it was very hard to get one). I don’t understand how they couldn’t have made them profitable.

Nothing would surprise me at this point. I’d wait and see on this though. I know many, myself included, that loved Minnie Vans. Definitely pricey but enjoyable.
Oh me too! When traveling solo it was nice to have a safe option when I felt like splurging on not a bus. I especially loved the handicap accessible ones for my Dad so we weren’t waiting for bus after bus trying to get room for his ECV 😔

Can anyone on here from the Orange County area comment and whether they have observed a change in people’s behavior out in public the last couple of weeks since masks were mandated?

I’ve mentioned before that my parish (county) here in southeast LA is one of the only ones that did NOT make masks mandatory but I did notice a much larger % of people in the store yesterday wearing masks.
[/

Happy 4th of July!! We just finished having a nice lunch at D-Luxe Burger. It’s not very busy today at DS so far. We can confirm the walkway from SSR CP area is open to DS, you have to walk around the back of the christmas store and earl of sandwich to the plaza in front of the void to get your temperature checked. Everyone is wearing their masks and social distancing has been easy.

I stopped by guest services to see about updating my TIW card to a new extended expiration date and was told they aren’t issuing the the extensions yet the TIW team are working on it and to check back once the parks open.
Did they tell you what your temperature was? I'm curious how that longish walk effects the temp.

someone posted yesterday (maybe it was you even lol) that you can still use your expired ToW card at restaurants because they can't issue new ones yet. They'll just have to get manager to do it.

Why would the Minnie Vans have been hemorrhaging so much money? They’re way more expensive than LYFT, run on the LYFT system, and were in high demand in my experience (on many of my trips it was very hard to get one). I don’t understand how they couldn’t have made them profitable.
LYFT isn’t exactly profitable 😂

I see a lot of talk about Universal Orlando. As someone who is from Orlando and has many friends as cast members and team members who work front line, I can tell you that Universal Orlando isn’t making news because no one has proof of where they got it from. I’ve heard of more than a few cases at UO and managers telling cast “you can’t prove you got it from here.” And they are sent home. So yeah. You won’t see those news posts at all, because they don’t have to claim responsibility for it.

I have seen this kind of thing on Facebook and Twitter as well.

The idea that no (or minimal) cases have come out of the large venues open in Orlando is just another talking point that is giving a false sense of security to many.

I have seen this kind of thing on Facebook and Twitter as well.

The idea that no (or minimal) cases have come out of the large venues open in Orlando is just another talking point that is giving a false sense of security to many.

Precisely. While it’s true that UO couldn’t prove the TM got it from UO. The fact of the matter is, it’s now in your park and it’s a problem you have to deal with. From what I know transparency is becoming a major issue for front line and managment. It’s definitely more see fire, put out fire, sweep up and keep it going. Without any real information being spread to the Team members.

Tomorrow's numbers will be significantly lower since many testing facilities are closed for the holiday. Happy 4th everyone!!!

People who are trying to convince themselves it's safe will still celebrate it LOL. Disney is definitely taking this day by day at this point. Way too volatile and fast changing a situation.

Enjoy your holidays , I wouldn't expect anything from Disney they are just going to watch data and make game time decisions. We won't see them posting YES we will be open either

Last edited:
Let’s just enjoy the weekend (and holiday for those that live in the US) and go back to arguing whether Disney should open or not on Monday.

What I don’t understand really is people aren’t clamoring for Universal to shut back down but people are ranting and raving that Disney shouldn’t open.

Now for myself I’m not going until November at the earliest and if I was going soon I would be cautious but I do feel Disney is doing everything they can to keep people as safe as possible. I would feel much safer going to WDW than a bar down the street.

For me there are two issues.

1. Universal opened before cases really surged and so opinions were different at that time. Now my opinion is that they shouldn't be open, but as they have already decided to open they probably will not deicide to close again unless forced to do so.

2. I personally and I assume many more believe that most at Universal right now are locals? Where as people are more likely to be travelling from out of state or even internationally if possible for Disney. I/We may be wrong on that? Just personal assumption.

Ok we get it

Florida has more cases. Positives are high. We get it. Next month another state will be in the same position.

Thankfully the vast overwhelming over 95 percent of them are going to get better and Many don’t even feel like they are sick.

At this point, people going in July already made up their mind about going to Disney

A lot of people on here are backhandedly trying to get people to change their opinion on going. If you don’t like it and don’t want to go, fine don’t. Stay home, but stop trying to influence other people to agree with you.

Some People don’t wanna open ever. It might not effect you but it affects tens of thousands

Have fun everyone going to Disney. Enjoy yourselves and stay safe

I think this thread discussion - cruise and theme park operational plans, updates and related discussion should be open to varying opinions and perspectives.

I’m not gonna hop over to the month specific TPAS happy dance threads and rain on their parade, but this thread is really of a different nature. Overall speculation and opinions about theme park operations due to covid.

I see a lot of talk about Universal Orlando. As someone who is from Orlando and has many friends as cast members and team members who work front line, I can tell you that Universal Orlando isn’t making news because no one has proof of where they got it from. I’ve heard of more than a few cases at UO and managers telling cast “you can’t prove you got it from here.” And they are sent home. So yeah. You won’t see those news posts at all, because they don’t have to claim responsibility for it.

This is similar in many places though. I work in a hospital, and we were essentially told if we test positive, no way to prove we didn't pick it up from the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter