Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DGsAtBLT was saying that people themselves might self-regulate the time they arrive since the park cleared out later in the afternoon.

Couple of things though, it rained yesterday, so that may have impacted people leaving earlier. The second, maybe yesterday wasn't a good indicator of crowd either. I think there could have been a few vloggers and shoppers that showed up early and then left.

I do know that if I were going, after seeing yesterday, it would make me wait to go later in the afternoon, rather than at opening. Less time in the park wouldn't bother me, if I still had time to ride what I wanted.

But not everyone is in tune with the information that we see that lines arent long and you can do and ride pretty much everything you want in a single day. Most of the general population probably thinks major attractions are still 60-120 min waits. It will take a while before people realize that the lines arent going to be long. Its easy to assume that everyone knows the goings on at the parks, but there are a lot of people that dont hang out on Disney forums

But not everyone is in tune with the information that we see that lines arent long and you can do and ride pretty much everything you want in a single day. Most of the general population probably thinks major attractions are still 60-120 min waits. It will take a while before people realize that the lines arent going to be long. Its easy to assume that everyone knows the goings on at the parks, but there are a lot of people that dont hang out on Disney forums

I know not everyone is a DISer, but I can't imagine that anyone that is planning on going to Disney isn't watching what is happening either on social media or the news.

I know not everyone is a DISer, but I can't imagine that anyone that is planning on going to Disney isn't watching what is happening either on social media or the news.

Major things get out to enough people to be impactful. I would guess the current crowd is skewed more towards knowledgeable and up to date Disney fans as well given all the circumstances.

RotR crowds knew when to arrive, even when it was insanely early and hours before Disney’s published times, for example.

The moment I opened my eyes this morning I had a fleeting panic that FastPass would become available, but be a paid fastpass for day/AP guests and free (in tiers) for resort guests (Value get 3, Mod get 4, Deluxe get 5) as a way for Disney to start recouping some money by encouraging resort guests.

And right after that thought, I realized I have a problem when Disney FP+ speculation is my first thought the second I wake up😐

I wish I knew how having the parks open will effect Disney’s bottom line. I get nervous with people saying Disney can’t go on like this. Is there a report or indicator I should be looking at?

Lol. What an unforced error by Disney to put out a video on Twitter celebrating reopening. Totally tone deaf. I know some people are excited but posting a video celebrating reopening on Twitter is like if Joey Chestnut screened the 4th of July hot dog eating contest at a PETA event. Wrong place and time - You’re just asking to get ripped apart.
It doesn’t matter what they do. The people that don’t want them open are going to be angry about the opening no matter what. Disney can’t worry about that group’s reaction to their opening. That market is gone for the foreseeable future. Not releasing this video on Twitter wouldn’t have changed that.

Disney is a business that desperately needs to generate revenue and they have to market their product to people that would be willing to come. Twitter’s set up means that the vast majority of people that Disney is targeting on Twitter will never see the negative reaction to this video. People create their own echo chambers on Twitter and tend to only see things that reinforce their already held views. So the original video will be an effective marketing item with the group Disney is targeting.

It doesn’t matter what they do. The people that don’t want them open are going to be angry about the opening no matter what. Disney can’t worry about that group’s reaction to their opening. That market is gone for the foreseeable future. Not releasing this video on Twitter wouldn’t have changed that.

Disney is a business that desperately needs to generate revenue and they have to market their product to people that would be willing to come. Twitter’s set up means that the vast majority of people that Disney is targeting on Twitter will never see the negative reaction to this video. People create their own echo chambers on Twitter and tend to only see things that reinforce their already held views. So the original video will be an effective marketing item with the group Disney is targeting.

75% of the people I see criticizing the opening on twitter dont know the difference between Disneyland, and Disney World, so its really difficult to take their opinions very seriously.

having the parks open is causing them to lose less money than having them closed, and the NBA deal is undoubtedly helping. 😊

NBA deal helping for sure. It would be interesting to see how the actual numbers are comparing to what they had thought they’d bring in by opening. Multiple little “clues” pointing to numbers possibly being lower than expected for the time being, and I would guess a much larger than normal number of guests are passholders right now so the ticket money (and resort, and restaurant, and even merch money) may not be coming in like they expected it too.

The parks division may be kept afloat by Brer plushie sales right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter