Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be clear, all I'm saying here is -- whatever the situation was with this vlogger -- it is statically very likely that someone will walk into a WDW theme park with the virus at some point, even if they know they're showing symptoms. As @Mit88 pointed out, we cannot expect people to "do the right thing," unfortunately. That level of uncertainty (at a scope as large as WDW) creates an inherent risk, so I'm just telling folks to be mindful of it. You don't have to take my word for it; take Disney's. They have signs posted all over basically saying this.

Without using the comparison of individual stores vs Disney in “whose safer”. There are people in every state, every city, every town that dont care about anyone other than themselves. And that does include those people going into grocery stores, and shopping for other essentials.

Now, I have personally seen 100% compliance in the 2 stores that I’ve visited in my town of ~300,000 people ever since the masks became mandated here in mid-April. That also doesnt mean just because I’VE seen 100% compliance that thats the case when I’m not around. I’m almost certain there is non-compliance in those same stores that I havent personally seen, maybe while I’ve even been in there and just not in eye view.

But theres no more than 200 people in either of those 2 stores while I’m in there. Disney on the other hand has, and will have probably no less than 5,000 people, and possibly more in each of its parks for the foreseeable future. So easy math would tell you that with more people at Disney in an afternoon than what you’ll find at an essential store, the odds are heavily in the favor of more people at Disney not complying with the protocols, whether thats being done on purpose, ignorantly, or by accident.

Its inevitable that you’re going to run into non-compliance eventually, but theres a much larger chance that you’re going to see it at Disney. You just have to be vigilant and know that this thing doesnt pick and choose where its spread, whether its a Publix, or a theme park. Try your best to assume everyone around you has it and make sure you take responsibility and take care of yourself. Wash ya damn hands. If you see a hundred dollar bill on the ground thats not yours, dont pick it up, ill be right behind you to do that for you

I think you can assume that people who don’t feel well will be more likely to run out to the grocery store than go to Disney.

You don’t think people go on vacation sick? It happens all the time. They don’t want to cancel their trips and lose thousands of dollars. People fly sick and go to the parks. People get sick during their trips and they go to the parks. It is not right, but they do it. Happens all the time. When I was a CM I was friends with someone who worked at first aid. You would cringe at the stories about people trying to “tough it out” at the parks.

Thankfully some kind of grocery delivery exists for many of us now, so there’s really no excuse to go into a grocery store while ill.

This was an inevitability. People get jealous of people who go to Disney. Now there's a socially acceptable way to be passive aggressive about it.

See this is annoying.

I want to go to Disney, sure. But under different circumstances! I don’t want to be there right now under the current ones. I am not jealous, I would be completely stressed and anxious and know way better than to do that to myself and my family.

I am not secretly bitter that people are making the choice to go while I am not. I am however a big bitter ***** (come through for me, filter) at what this pandemic has done to so many things that I love but that doesn’t make me jealous of anyone except maybe my past self for not realizing how good she had it.

There's a lot to unwind, like the need for care, then the professional call for them to go to the hospital, then the refusal of care. And then what happened before COVID when refusal of care happened vs. now. And the legalities of all of that. There's what some people hope would happen, what can fairly happen to not have any sort of legal nonsense, what could logically happen in the current environment, and the actual instance here. And I have no idea if any of those circles cross in the Venn diagram or not.
If someone goes to a first aid station and is sick, can't Disney pretty much make them leave? If you are sick at the entrance they deny entry.

You don’t think people go on vacation sick? It happens all the time. They don’t want to cancel their trips and lose thousands of dollars. People fly sick and go to the parks. People get sick during their trips and they go to the parks. It is not right, but they do it. Happens all the time. When I was a CM I was friends with someone who worked at first aid. You would cringe at the stories about people trying to “tough it out” at the parks.

Thankfully some kind of grocery delivery exists for many of us now, so there’s really no excuse to go into a grocery store while ill.

Sucks for the CM's who have to go back to work for their livelihoods to deal with these clowns who think the virus is fake, or not a big deal.

This. Now, I haven't seen it much here, but on some of the FB groups I'm in, I've always been amazed at the people that will go sick. Stomach flu? Colds? Positive for influenza? Oh well, we're still going!

Now that has my full attention and was always a highlight leaving TT. I just don't know if they'll let guests peruse around nowadays, but that car is stunning.

I love Corvettes. I’ve only seen the new mid-engine Corvette C8 once at a car show and I love it. I’m saving up to get one in 2024 to replace my C5.

If they have the C8, I’d assume they’d move it out of the choke point. It might even make sense to move the whole showroom outside.

I guess we’ll see tomorrow.

This. Now, I haven't seen it much here, but on some of the FB groups I'm in, I've always been amazed at the people that will go sick. Stomach flu? Colds? Positive for influenza? Oh well, we're still going!

People wear it as a badge of honour. Like “I love Disney so much I didn’t let a pesky illness keep me down!!”

That didn’t age well, lol. Try that now and the whole internet comes after you.

I love Corvettes. I’ve only seen the new mid-engine Corvette C8 once at a car show and I love it. I’m saving up to get one in 2024 to replace my C5.

If they have the C8, I’d assume they’d move it out of the choke point. It might even make sense to move the whole showroom outside.

I guess we’ll see tomorrow.

Pics please if spotted at TT tomorrow? Yes, the C8 and mid-engine design allowed the A pillar to drop lower and moved the CG more towards the center. Reviews have been mostly positive so far. Enjoy your day!

Maybe I don’t experience that because we travel during holidays when the parks are open longer.

Yes, probably so. MK used to be open till as late as 1 am, with EMH from 1-3. Now those are magic hours! 😁

Well, yeah. I've been to the parks a time or two ;) I'm just saying I'm a very happy camper in MK at 2AM! Those were good days :)

Oh I agree. My favorite time to be in the parks is after the sun goes down. It's just a completely different experience.

See this is annoying.

I want to go to Disney, sure. But under different circumstances! I don’t want to be there right now under the current ones. I am not jealous, I would be completely stressed and anxious and know way better than to do that to myself and my family.

I am not secretly bitter that people are making the choice to go while I am not. I am however a big bitter ***** (come through for me, filter) at what this pandemic has done to so many things that I love but that doesn’t make me jealous of anyone except maybe my past self for not realizing how good she had it.

While her comment wasn’t individually meant for anyone in specific, it came off as general. So I see how you’d feel targeted because you are one of the people that have made the choice not to go, and you’ve been very vocal about that. But I can say for certain that theres not an ounce of passive aggressiveness coming from you, personally. But I will also say that its really hard to deny that what people are feeling is FOMO and the ability to use the situation as a barrier of defense is absolutely in play. For some. Not all.

I havent been to the gym in 4 months. I look at friends’ pictures/story’s on IG of them at the gym in states that they’re open in, and there are times where I’ve said tp myself that I hope their state shuts back down. So I’m guilty of it. It sucks having to see people get to enjoy things that you want, , but can’t, whether its because you personally dont want or cant afford to take that risk, or you literally have no choice and can’t because its not an option thats available to you

Do the CM previews tomorrow start at the same time as the new park hours? In other words, will EPCOT open at 11 tomorrow for the CMs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter