Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are def not alone... I’ve had many deletions while others in the same convo stay. lol!

In this thread there’s no rhyme or reason, you learn quickly not to take it personally. 😊
Few people have probably been on the wrong end of a Thanos finger snap more times than me in this thread. Just roll with it, it happens and don’t complain. It isn’t personal.

Moderating a message board forum is a thankless job and @rteetz does a great job.

Last edited:
On one hand I'm grateful that people are helping the unemployed, on the other hand it's sad because Florida relies on the hospitality sector so much for revenue. We don't have state taxes here. It's a pretty awful snowball effect.

It's a real quagmire. This story added a perspective to me emphasizing those that are impacted including CM's, etc. So regardless of which side of the visit/don't-visit fence I'm on, the reality of what these folks are going through is really tough. I guess I look at it as for every CM that is working in the resorts/parks, there is at least one that is not.

I’d bet 100$ they won’t

Id bet more than that lol. I’d empty my bank account with the right odds. Chances are we wont even know it until we see it in the crowds at the parks and probably not even then because its going to be a gradual increase. But if they’re not hitting capacity as is, then there’s no point in increasing it until they hit capacity

Id bet more than that lol. I’d empty my bank account with the right odds. Chances are we wont even know it until we see it in the crowds at the parks and probably not even then because its going to be a gradual increase. But if they’re not hitting capacity as is, then there’s no point in increasing it until they hit capacity
I’ll bet we will know since they will have to go back to the state when they want to increase capacity.

That's a good point but didn't the Governor pretty much give them free reign over their own standards? As long as they adhere to the restaurant capacities I think they gave themselves a pretty large cushion and started very very low.
From what I understood, they have to notify the state and the local government when they make a material change to their opening plans.

From what I understood, they have to notify the state and the local government when they make a material change to their opening plans.
Well if that's the case then that's great and yes, we should be able to find out when it happens

I still don’t think thats information thats prudent for the public to be in on. They don’t like any capacity information being out there

Well if that's the case then that's great and yes, we should be able to find out when it happens
There is a chance that things could have changed since then. I got enough trouble trying to keep up with the various changes both states, the multiple counties and even more municipalities in my metro area make to their COVID policies on a regular basis. If you live here, if you think the policies aren’t strict enough or are too strict, all you have to do is is drive at the most 20 minutes or wait a day where you are at to find polices you like.

I still don’t think thats information thats prudent for the public to be in on. They don’t like any capacity information being out there
I don’t think any of the parks had to provide specific numbers, just general guidance to the governments to changes restricting or increasing capacity.

I don’t think any of the parks had to provide specific numbers, just general guidance to the governments to changes restricting or increasing capacity.

But considering they have tried to deter guests from coming to WDW from out of town, I don’t see them making a big deal out of proposing an increase in capacity. The proposal will probably leak and we’ll find out about it, but I seriously, seriously doubt Disney says publicly that they’re increasing capacity

Well then my next question would be when are they no longer "opening plans" and simply just "operational adjustments"? I mean they've already been open for a bit now ...
Anyhow, I was honestly just curious if we would know but I think that makes sense that Disney would probably try to keep that under wraps.

Gah! Feeling stoopid. I had it backwards. B is closed; A is open. I went back and corrected my OP. Sorry about that.

I can back that up as correct. Picked up a rental from Enterprise yesterday from A side.

If you see long lines at the desk, try using the kiosks to check in.There was a huge line at the desk when we arrived. I saw a kiosk that wasn’t being used do I thought I would give it a try. Worked great! I will say to make sure you read all the extra signage when you get to the pickup garage. I was following the directions that was on the slip that printed at the kiosk and walked right past a sign that said for enterprise customers to go to the Alamo pickup.

But we don't know how far under capacity they have been. We also do not know if their self imposed capacity limits are actually the same as what their published plan said or were lower for first week or two whilst they finalised and tested processes.

Lots of variables. Disney knows what they all are. We do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter