Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one knows. It just means that these Disney execs will be giving input. But it certainly shows that Disney is important to the plans of both Florida and California, and their experience and input is valued.
Right. They have global experience handling reopening plans that a governor or city mayor may not have.

Last edited:
Florida is not among the first states (early May) pegged to reopen - not in the second group either (June). Makes it very hard to estimate a date for WDW reopening, but mid summer/late summer still on the table 🙁

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/04/17/health/us-coronavirus-friday/index.html
Not according to the new IHME model that came out about an hour ago. And that is the model everyone always loves and uses.

That model would put disney in the june time frame for sure in some capacity.

Florida is not among the first states (early May) pegged to reopen - not in the second group either (June). Makes it very hard to estimate a date for WDW reopening, but mid summer/late summer still on the table 🙁

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/04/17/health/us-coronavirus-friday/index.html
Inside the above article there is link which is titled, "This is where all 50 US states stand on reopening",
From that linked article, I pulled this about Florida, for what it's worth:

Florida
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis issued a stay-at-home order for Floridians until April 30.
DeSantis plans to announce his reopening plan for the state of Florida next week, he said Thursday.
During a news conference Thursday, he suggested it could start with allowing elective surgeries.
DeSantis said he will meet Friday with a task force that includes experts across various industries throughout the state.
Southeast Florida, which is the epicenter of the outbreak in the state, could be treated differently than other parts, the governor said.

Not according to the new IHME model that came out about an hour ago. And that is the model everyone always loves and uses.

That model would put disney in the june time frame for sure in some capacity.

And guess what that model now says, Florida peaked in early April, I might have heard that somewhere before :). More data comes in and the model gets better. That really bodes well for DIsney Springs in Mid May at the latest.

Yes we are testing more, and anyone can get a test now as long as they have some sort of symptoms, regardless of age, and some can also test based on exposure.
There is more testing but not anyone can get tested where I live. You have to be someone who is an essential worker and is showing symptoms. So I think testing is not where it needs to be for Disney to open right now at least.

There is more testing but not anyone can get tested where I live. You have to be someone who is an essential worker and is showing symptoms. So I think testing is not where it needs to be for Disney to open right now at least.

Here in Florida ANYONE can now be tested no matter if any symptoms and no matter if they are a worker or not. Has been like that all week.

I've said it before. I think WDW is open for some form or business June 1, and they resume the business of being open the first week of May.

Take it however anyone wants, but opening the beaches is a very big first step, and the IMHE results today were very good news.

Perhaps the handler could spray the costume with lysol between guests? I wish I was kidding, but at this point, nothing is outside the realm of possibility.
not saying I would visit but spraying the costume between guests with lysol would have me down waiting for EMTs with what looks like the virus but would be an allergic reaction. and yes it would be that bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter