• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed today in my MDE that "Disney's Boardwalk hours" is listed right next to my park hours for DHS on that specific. Staying at Beach Club. I thought that was interesting as I have never seen that before. I was under the assumption there are no activities going on at the Boardwalk right now?
The only thing open until 10pm is the pizza window, AbracadaBar and the Beach Club marketplace. Everything else is closed by 9. I guess the hours for Boardwalk are really only good for telling you the last possible time you can find anything going on at the boardwalk.

I was there last weekend. Overall the boardwalk it's dead by 9 - except for those people that didn't get something to eat earlier and are hoping they'll find something open

Have been staying at the Boardwalk this week and the day before yesterday the surrey bike rental area was taped off, yesterday they were power washing it, and today I spotted a cooler filled with drinks behind the counter. So it seems like the surrey bikes rentals are returning imminently. 529220

For him to have done that - to be in that position and have to sign off on those decisions is one thing. To look people in the eyes afterwards, and face them - is something totally different. I'm not discounting the pain of losing those CM's - but this is great leadership. That is not something you see every day - ownership of decision and realization of its effect.

For him to have done that - to be in that position and have to sign off on those decisions is one thing. To look people in the eyes afterwards, and face them - is something totally different. I'm not discounting the pain of losing those CM's - but this is great leadership. That is not something you see every day - ownership of decision and realization of its effect.
this 100%. I consider myself to be a very moral person and I would for sure take the cowards way and not be able to face them. He is really a great thing for Disney, just impossible circumstances.

Josh has always been a great leader. One who cares about the CM's. I'm sure it was a very difficult decision for him. Even more importantly, he recognizes how much of an impact this will have on the CM community and that its up to him to set the tone for the organization.

Josh has always been a great leader. One who cares about the CM's. I'm sure it was a very difficult decision for him. Even more importantly, he recognizes how much of an impact this will have on the CM community and that its up to him to set the tone for the organization.
That’s one thing I’ve always seen from him. He cares or at least gives the appearance of care for CMs. What an incredibly tough spot to be in right now for him. I am sure it wasn’t his decision to do these layoffs but he had to announce it and then face it.

I meannnn... are we really shocked by this? D’Amaro has proven time and time again that the CMs are of utmost importance to him. Its a situation that was unavoidable, if it were avoidable, and these layoffs were done just to be done, he probably would have stepped down from his position. I halfway expect him to make personal house calls to the remainder of CMs that he hasn’t spoken to.

There’s a reason, even in the darkest times for Disney that I know they’ll get out of this and give us the fans, and the communities the light at the end of the tunnel that we want to see, and most of that is because of the leadership that Josh has, and will continue to bring to the parks

Have been staying at the Boardwalk this week and the day before yesterday the surrey bike rental area was taped off, yesterday they were power washing it, and today I spotted a cooler filled with drinks behind the counter. So it seems like the surrey bikes rentals are returning imminently. View attachment 529220
That is a good sign. I will be taking my 4 year old grandtinker on a ride around the lake in early Dec. weather permitting.

Have been staying at the Boardwalk this week and the day before yesterday the surrey bike rental area was taped off, yesterday they were power washing it, and today I spotted a cooler filled with drinks behind the counter. So it seems like the surrey bikes rentals are returning imminently. View attachment 529220

I did this with DD12 last trip. It was a lot of fun! I almost died but still a lot of fun. I halfway thought of getting out and pushing her or having her push me! Lol

I did this with DD12 last trip. It was a lot of fun! I almost died but still a lot of fun. I halfway thought of getting out and pushing her or having her push me! Lol

I want to do it so badly but I think it's one of those things that seems like a lovely idea in theory and then in practice there's me huffing and puffing and my five year old, not actually contributing to any forward motion, yelling GO MOMMY. FASTER MOMMY - like the head Charioteer in Rome. and my husband checking golf scores on his phone.

And then I just get out of the surrey bike at the Gurgling Suitcase while they're still on it and that's the last time they see me.

I want to do it so badly but I think it's one of those things that seems like a lovely idea in theory and then in practice there's me huffing and puffing and my five year old, not actually contributing to any forward motion, yelling GO MOMMY. FASTER MOMMY - like the head Charioteer in Rome. and my husband checking golf scores on his phone.

And then I just get out of the surrey bike at the Gurgling Suitcase while they're still on it and that's the last time they see me.

It’s the uphill part man. And we did two trips around.

lmfao i needed this.

Oh, there's your problem. You were riding from the boardwalk all the way over to OKW and the Gurgling Suitcase. Heck yeah that would be tough...especially negotiating the busses and maniacs down the boulevard. :moped:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter