Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not exactly apples to apples. Newsom makes about $200k. Iger makes about $3M and Chapek makes $2.5M in salary alone. They both have an array of bonuses and stock options that are larger than their salaries.
Newsom isn't relying on his $200,000 salary to get by. He doesn't have Iger's wealth, but he is wealthier Chapek currently is. Gordon Getty founded multiple businesses for Newsom for two decades going back to the early 90's. Newsom to his credit turned them into successful ventures.

Glad TP is finally adjusting. Lines haven't been at a 1 for at least a month now but I understand the delay in updating.
The problem is they really haven't changed things for "regular" weeks, it's still a bunch of 1s & 2s on the board with wait times far exceeding most 1 & 2 days. DH and I are just ignoring it this time around though, crowds and wait times are a toss up right now, and it's not like we can easily switch dates especially when it comes to HS.

We check into Universal's RPR on November 4th. Missed Volcano Bay by two days. Oh well maybe the extra two months on our passes will let me see the Christmas stuff at Universal next year. I was planning on that this year, but had to move my Thanksgiving trip up a few weeks due to new school scheduling. 33 days to go!!

I just watched the HWS walk through from the link just posted. It looks like pretty normal crowds now. Have they started seating every row? Or is everything at Disney still loading at half capacity? I really wish Woody's lunchbox would open. I know its small so unlikely, but there are a lot of people in HWS and I want a lunch box tart. 😁

Pandemic aside, if I'm being honest, I would not visit Disney World through 2020. I'm the type of visitor that goes every 12-18 months.

I felt differently about the landscape in August/September when crowd levels didn't merit FP+. It's not like you're getting a discount, either.

That being said, I'm glad people are going and there is some demand. Overall people still going to Disney is good for all of us.

If you had a cancelled AP that you want back they are doing them in person at Disney Springs. They will check your old AP, ID, and your standing in terms of AP use. You can then purchase any new AP except Premiere or Platinum Plus. You also can use a ticket to "upgrade".
That's what I was told on Tuesday, correct info from a phone CM..:)
I was also told that they would be able to do the FL AP monthly payments too..any confirmation on that ?

BTW TM that work at VB have not been contacted yet about what is going to happen to them, my son once again is in limbo :(
I did post in the layoff thread that Universal was asked and said that they will not be working during that time but will be welcomed back in March.

more quick services opening at MK

Oct. 2: The Friar’s Nook and Adventureland Spring Roll Cart

Oct. 9: The Lunching Pad
It’s interesting because work is wrapping up on that expanded seating area at Casey’s... or at least that’s what I’ve been told...
Ahh, Universal's water park:). Not a surprise it's gonna take a break.
Excuse me: water THEME park!
So will that effect park reservations made with tickets such as my FL 4 day pass ?
Will they still be good or do I lose them when I start a new AP ?
If you have a Disney Resort reservation, upgrading wouldn’t affect your reservations, but if you don’t, you’d only be able to make three reservations. Im not sure what the system would do with a ticket change but I wouldn’t chance it, especially if those days aren’t available anymore. I’d just upgrade the ticket when you’re there.

Starting Sunday at DHS

Merchandise

Beginning Sunday, Oct. 4, Keystone Clothiers on Hollywood Boulevard will reopen. The location will operate from 12 p.m. to park close.

Food & Beverage

Beginning Sunday, Oct. 4 the following food and beverage locations will have adjusted operating hours:

• Backlot Express – 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
  • Ronto Roasters – 9:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
  • PizzeRizzo – 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Ronto wraps will be found after 3pm at DB7

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter