Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets do the math. California has a total population of 40 mill, with approx 4K new cases a day or .0001 percent. Approx 900K have tested positive since the outbreak or 2.25 percent of the population. Explain to me why Disneyland should be shut down with those numbers? Especially when you consider the terrific job Disney has done in Florida in making sure they are being very diligent on safety. I am not saying do not follow the science, by all means do follow the science. This is no longer about science, as I have said before, magically come November 4th there will be guidelines.

Let’s take a more practical approach actually...

When I look closely at the numbers I am not convinced WDW and UO have proven theme parks can be opened safely.
We don’t do COVID data here but we have permission from the mod to discuss it IF it directly relates to theme parks. You apparently have this data so put it up.

Lets do the math. California has a total population of 40 mill, with approx 4K new cases a day or .0001 percent. Approx 900K have tested positive since the outbreak or 2.25 percent of the population. Explain to me why Disneyland should be shut down with those numbers? Especially when you consider the terrific job Disney has done in Florida in making sure they are being very diligent on safety. I am not saying do not follow the science, by all means do follow the science. This is no longer about science, as I have said before, magically come November 4th there will be guidelines.
You do know all of CA was given mail in ballots and they’ve already started arriving? I’m afraid Tues Nov 4 is not gonna be some magical day of theme park guidelines seeing as voting has literally already started.

I think there is plenty of "blame" to go around ... clearly this event has shown the pwoer the governors have, but if there was more of a nationally coordinated effort things might have worked better as well.

Lots of blame - and lessons learned - at all levels
I really hope there are lessons being learned.

When I look closely at the numbers I am not convinced WDW and UO have proven theme parks can be opened safely. I wouldn’t be surprised if Newsom has folks delving through numbers in more detail than I am. It is horrible that politics are in play. And I don’t envy any of the governors attempting to balance lives, lasting illnesses, and economic consequences in their decisions.

Also please don't mistake everyone saying "where did you get this info" as saying it can't be true.

Speaking for myself I genuinely want to know where you see this playing out because I'm planning on being there soon and if I'm missing something that is obvious then I want to know as long as I can substantiate it - not saying it can't be true - just bc I didn't see it before anywhere - just wondering.

Hey - has the new BBQ place in the American Pavilion at Epcot reopened yet? Regal Eagle? Beagle? Eagle Beagle? :D

Has anyone eaten there, did you like it?

I've heard only good things - not from personal experience - but Molly from All Ears did a vlog recently of all the food post COVID and she says everything is still very good there and that the mac has improved.

I couldn't eat in the old restaurant in the American pavilion. The constant screeching from the dragging of the metal chairs drove me nuts. Needed rubber foot covers on the chairs.

Each group has a marker to wait on.
CM will start sayng that you may not get in after group 42

Attachments

• 20201005_100227.jpg
    20201005_100227.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 20201005_100216.jpg
    20201005_100216.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 78
Sorry but alluding to the fact that Disney is remaining shut down to hurt the president doesn't fly. A reminder that Disney initially shut down on their own.

Step outside of these boards and there are people appalled that WDW is open and shaming people going there. Just because there's no way to contract trace effectively doesn't automatically make things safe.

Last edited:
Does anybody think the express pass is any bit necessary right now in UOR? Only doing a day trip there during my trip to try and finally see all the HP stuff and fit in whatever else we can.

Sorry but alluding to the fact that Disney is remaining shut down to hurt the president doesn't fly. A reminder that Disney initially shut down on their own.

Step outside of these boards and people are appalled that WDW is open and shaming people going there. Just because there's no way to contract trace effectively doesn't automatically make things safe.

That kind of depends on who you know, where you live and where you read, to be honest. And remember, the squeaky wheel is the loudest, or gets the oil? Something like that...

Most middle of the road people aren't out on the internet proclaiming one way or the other.

I personally don't know anyone who is actually appalled WDW is open, I just know people who can't travel because of quarantines to here or there...

Step outside of these boards and people are appalled that WDW is open and shaming people going there. Just because there's no way to contract trace effectively doesn't automatically make things safe.
Who is shaming people? I posted my trip on social media and got nothing but “oh fun! Have a great trip! Wish I was there! Take me with you next time!” Comments from everyone. I comment to people in real life about going at Thanksgiving and Christmas and they do the old “oh that sounds like fun!” comment (and a lot of those people are just vendors involved in our new house, so not my friends or family). I have at least one friend down there every week since early August, a friend who works there, and family & friends who live down there and visit regularly and zero of them have gotten sick. These are people who still don’t eat out and do grocery pick up to limit their chances of getting sick. I’m not saying it’s not possible to catch it at WDW, but you make it sound like it’s this horribly unsafe place and we’re all naive for believing otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter