Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
May is in less than a week ;)

This is all prep work, they most likely won't open Disney Springs until May, first few weeks of May.

I imagine we will get an announcement this week from Disney right around when the schedules go out for CM's for Disney Springs for the next week or two.
Ack! I meant he said he doesn’t expect them opening in may

Here we go. As most of you remember I posted up about the May 19th opening and all the guidelines I was given by my insider source. Here is the latest update I received yesterday. And to clarify, my source works for Disney though not a CM the way we view most CM's. My source is not front line, not phone, not DVC. Think above all that. Anyway,
June 1st WDW opens.
MK, AK, HS, DS and 1 water park. Mini Golf also opens. EP is on the table but may not open for a few weeks only because of the international employees they will need to bring back.
All WDW resorts open including the Wyndham resorts. Pools and Arcades will be open. Club Level lounges will be open only for coffee, soft drinks and adult beverages. Pre packaged snacks and fruits will be made available. No Breakfast, evening small plates or any CM prepared foods.
To enter a park you have to either be a resort guest with tickets or an AP holder. Everyone will be required to wear a Magic Band. If you don't have one, a complementary gray one will be issued.
All restaurants on property, except buffets, will be open with strict social distancing enforced.
Ride ques will enforce spacing between groups.
All walkways will operate like a road. Stay to the right.
No dessert parties or private tours with the exception of the VIP tour.
FP+ will be available but No single rider lines.
Busses, ferry boats, Monorail and Minnie Vans will be in operation. Uber and regular Lyft will not be available.

This is all tentative so please don't make any plans based on what I wrote. Things at WDW are very fluid and changing daily. I will update if I get any more information.

For now I am still keeping our May 21st trip because the May 19th date is "Still on the table" but will most likely not happen. I do have a June trip booked as a backup so I'm not really worried either way.

Here we go. As most of you remember I posted up about the May 19th opening and all the guidelines I was given by my insider source. Here is the latest update I received yesterday. And to clarify, my source works for Disney though not a CM the way we view most CM's. My source is not front line, not phone, not DVC. Think above all that. Anyway,
June 1st WDW opens.
MK, AK, HS, DS and 1 water park. Mini Golf also opens. EP is on the table but may not open for a few weeks only because of the international employees they will need to bring back.
All WDW resorts open including the Wyndham resorts. Pools and Arcades will be open. Club Level lounges will be open only for coffee, soft drinks and adult beverages. Pre packaged snacks and fruits will be made available. No Breakfast, evening small plates or any CM prepared foods.
To enter a park you have to either be a resort guest with tickets or an AP holder. Everyone will be required to wear a Magic Band. If you don't have one, a complementary gray one will be issued.
All restaurants on property, except buffets, will be open with strict social distancing enforced.
Busses, ferry boats, Monorail and Minnie Vans will be in operation. Uber and regular Lyft will not be available.

This is all tentative so please don't make any plans based on what I wrote. Things at WDW are very fluid and changing daily. I will update if I get any more information.

For now I am still keeping our May 21st trip because the May 19th date is "Still on the table" but will most likely not happen. I do have a June trip booked as a backup so I'm not really worried either way.

thanks for posting. It’s in line with what I think so I like it. I hope you’re right.

June 1st WDW opens.

Thank you for sharing this. I would be content with that.

June 1st WDW opens.

Any info on Disneyland?

June 1st WDW opens.

Interesting. I could easily accept those conditions but would definitely change the CL portion of our stay if those rules were still in effect in early July regarding CL. Hopefully Disney announces what they’re doing soon. I appreciate your post, skeptical as always but hoping you’re right!

June 1st WDW opens.

I'm assuming Skyliner running as well? Loved it when we were there in Feb.!

June 1st WDW opens.

I’ve been watching for your updates. 😁

June 1st WDW opens.

If buffets are closed I wonder if places like Chef Mickeys will still do some type of service.

June 1st WDW opens.

So Phase 1 opening is really a WDW Phase 3 closure...

I do not see why the arcades would be open. That seems like the worst place for spreading the virus on property.

I have several dessert parties and the WAT booked and really not bothered if they are canceled. The only thing is that I would expect the firework/projection shows to also be canceled which I do not see on your list. If my parties are canceled but the fireworks still happen then that is questionable.

June 1st WDW opens.

any word on masks being mandatory for CM or guests?

Any hope of a fireworks show at MK for the 4th of July ? That would be worth going for even if a lot of other things are cut back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter