Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently saw a video of Downs child in DW on a “feel good news” Instagram. I didn’t think much of him not wearing a mask, I imagine CMs would be more reluctant with a young Downs kid. (Please let’s not argue this.)

But what shocked me was if you went to the family’s page they had no less 20 pictures, all sans masks, in front of castle, in SW land etc from the trip. There wasn’t even masks sticking out of pockets or around their neck. They had documented their trip in real time. They have a following (as well as being reposted) so lots of people got the impression that is okay to “sneak a picture.”

My actual point is, Disney is sorely missing a non-confrontational enforcement of using Instagram and following Disney location and tags, identifying people and freezing MBs. Go look at any of the Disney tag. Yes some are people reposting old memories but there are current ones.

People are dumb. People do post in real time or when they get back to their room but still at WDW.

So the shutting down a ride is good but hurts other guests, but using social media let’s CM eyes be everywhere and even work from home, some people are begging to get caught. (Names, faces, location, etc.)

Last edited:
I recently saw a video of Downs child in DW on a “feel good news” Instagram. I didn’t think much of him not wearing a mask, I imagine CMs would be more reluctant with a young Downs kid. (Please let’s not argue this.)

But what shocked me was if you went to the family’s page they had no less 20 pictures, all sans masks, in front of castle, in SW land etc from the trip. There wasn’t even masks sticking out of pockets or around their neck. They had documented their trip in real time. They have a following (as well as being reposted) so lots of people got the impression that is okay to “sneak a picture.”

My actual point is, Disney is sorely missing a non-confrontational enforcement of using Instagram and following Disney location and tags, identifying people and freezing MBs. Go look at any of the Disney tag. Yes some are people reposting old memories but there are current ones.

People are dumb. A couple this morning posted a sans masks photo on on the skyliner saying “we are way to DHS today and here are all our plans today, we are having lunch here, etc.” It would take Disney 5 minutes to track them down if they tried. Lock their MB before they get to the ticket gate and let security at the gate wish them a nice trip home.

So the shutting down ride is good but hurts other guests, but using social media let’s CM eyes be everywhere and even work from home, frankly go look, they are missing some violations where people are begging to get caught. (Names, faces, location, etc.)
I saw that exact same family. It was really hard to enjoy the photos knowing they were openly disregarding the rules and I have no clue how old the child with downs was, but I do think he was over 2.

People like that make it hard to want to go back to Disney unless Disney allows for more forceful mask requirements.

I saw that exact same family. It was really hard to enjoy the photos knowing they were openly disregarding the rules and I have no clue how old the child with downs was, but I do think he was over 2.

People like that make it hard to want to go back to Disney unless Disney allows for more forceful mask requirements.
Wow!!! Look how far their photos spread if you knew instantly what I was referring to.

Unfortunately there is no disability designation for the mask rule. This family should have had a mask of their child if he was over 2. The pictures are going to cause quite a uproar because they’re openly flaunting the rules.
I wasn’t as bothered by the child as I was the ones with mom and dad sans masks, they had done nothing to hide it on social media and used Disney tags.

My point is more general, Disney could have easily caught them while they were in the park for the week. That’s more my point.

I wasn’t as bothered by the child as I was the ones with mom and dad sans masks, they had done nothing to hide it on social media and used Disney tags.

My point is more general, Disney could have easily caught them while they were in the park for the week. That’s more my point.
Agreed. But it’s got to be tough on CMs to try to be omnipresent and catch everyone. There will always be the few determined people who will be able to get around the rules. And they’ll probably be the same people who cause a disturbance if they are asked politely to put their masks back on.

Agreed. But it’s got to be tough on CMs to try to be omnipresent and catch everyone. There will always be the few determined people who will be able to get around the rules. And they’ll probably be the same people who cause a disturbance if they are asked politely to put their masks back on.
Right that’s why I say use social media as a tool. My example above of people who in real time are there right now and posting these photos, Disney could track them and have security handle it, and find a good time, (not mid-ride when it hurts other guests) and walk them out.

Right that’s why I say use social media as a tool. My example above of people who in real time are there right now and posting these photos, Disney could track them and have security handle it, and find a good time, (not mid-ride when it hurts other guests) and walk them out.
Also would love to see them use social media and sites like EBay to catch the price scalpers of Merch as well.

Water Parks
While Disney’s Blizzard Beach water park and Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon water park remain closed at this time, pending government approvals, we currently plan to reopen one of the two Disney water parks on March 7, 2021.
Like the other areas of Walt Disney World Resort, we will welcome back Guests and Cast Members to our water parks in a responsible way, with a plan focused on health and well-being. We will provide more details on our phased reopening plan, including a decision on the specific water park that will be reopening first, at a later time. This reopening date may change and if it does, we will let Guests know what to expect in a future update.
Any thoughts on what the mask policy will be when a water park re-opens? Masks are currently not required in the pool areas at resorts.

Presumably, they won't be required while in the water (or on slides, etc.) at the water park? But how can you wear one while moving about from one pool/slide to the other? Where would you put it when getting in the water?

So would they consider not having masks required at all within the water park?

Any thoughts on what the mask policy will be when a water park re-opens? Masks are currently not required in the pool areas at resorts.

Presumably, they won't be required while in the water (or on slides, etc.) at the water park? But how can you wear one while moving about from one pool/slide to the other? Where would you put it when getting in the water?

Probably would be similar to cabana bay. Wear them when you can say ordering food or buying merch but yeah you wouldn’t in water or walking from slide to slide.

Other water parks in Orlando, Acquatica and Volcano bay, require the masks for shops and restaurants, and getting in, and recommend walking around. But in general outside of those areas people were maskless. Wet masks don't do anyone good. I'd assume it would be similar since it's already been established by the other parks.

I hope people are commenting on their photos about how inappropriate it is. Influencers need to be called out especially if they’re being unsafe or damaging a brand like Disney’s.

They are really pushing the WDW ads here right now. I’ve seen several different ones over the past few days.
Here too in Northern VA/DC, seeing many Disney vacation ads lately.

Our movie theatre is now operating with very limited capacity and running old movies with $5 tickets. Went yesterday for the first time as seat availability showed almost empty theatres. (Saw Guardians of the Galaxy, new to me, and DD and DH only on TV). When we walked in just before the previews, the "Great big beautiful tomorrow" vacation commercial was running.

Those asking about masks at water parks...DH and I have Discovery Cove tix in a week and a half and DH went and bought those waterproof clear lanyards pouches you put your cell phones in and we plan on wearing those all day with our masks in them so we can have easy access to them as we get in and out of the water and they will be dry.

My husband and I were those unfortunate people back in September on Soaring. The entire family of 4 sitting next to him removed their masks the millisecond the lights went out. This was our very first ride on our very first day, and it nearly had us heading home 6 days early thinking we had made a horrible mistake going at all. No CM made any announcement before the ride to keep masks on, and seemed less than interested when we made that suggestion after the ride. Happily that was the most egregious incident of our week there, but the same entitled family took their masks off in the entire queue for SDMT later in the week (They were several parties ahead of us). I am all for high profile removal of such people.
I'm not ashamed to admit that would 100% be me. My mask would be off the instant no one was looking. But because of that, and in the best interest of Disney and other patrons, we have opted not to go until the mask requirement is gone. Clearly, by these last 2 pages of comments, the stress level of both CMs and mask-defiant patrons will decrease dramatically when masks are no more.

I can't wait. I miss Disney.

They are really pushing the WDW ads here right now. I’ve seen several different ones over the past few days.

Here too - way more over the past week or so that like previous 2 months combined

Honestly feels a bit weird as they have shut down NYC schools (back to full virtual) and my town is tetering on the edge, but sure, let's travel thousands of miles to be with thousands of people

I don't blame Disney, just feels like an odd time of mixed signals / messaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter