Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not completely, but, will it help reduce to some degree? Yes. That's kind of the point of layering all these things: masks, distancing, barriers etc... None of them are 100%, but each layer you add gives you that much more protection.

Plexiglass does protect as long as the proper airflow studies have been done to verify. Unfortunately, the plexiglass that I've seen installed has been straight up and down at a 90 degree angle which causes a vacuum directly behind it that draws in the vapor from directly in front of that area. Had the plexiglass been installed at a proper angle that forces the air in an upward motion if would help better.

Last edited:
I disagree. Anyone who is concerned about lack of social distancing/sitting every row should not let the addition of plexiglass lull them into a false sense of security.

I mean, I guess you can disagree with the laws of science if you want... your choice. I am curious why you assume everyone is so stupid as to think a plexiglass barrier is going to magically make everything all better. Will there be some? Sure. But I highly doubt the majority feel that way. Most are going to recognize it for what it is - yet another layer of protection, which still is not going to give 100% protection.

Ultimately, if the barriers are upsetting you this much, I guess you'll just have to not go. But it's ridiculous to try and argue that they "do nothing" just because you don't like them. And for the record, no, I don't like them either. But would they stop me from going? No.

I mean, I guess you can disagree with the laws of science if you want... your choice. I am curious why you assume everyone is so stupid as to think a plexiglass barrier is going to magically make them feel all is well. Will there be some? Sure. But I highly doubt the majority feel that way. Most are going to recognize it for what it is - yet another layer of protection, which still is not going to give 100% protection.

Ultimately, if the barriers are upsetting you this much, I guess you'll just have to not go. But it's ridiculous to try and argue that they "do nothing" just because you don't like them.

I don't, Disney does. 😃

But it's always nice to try and turn a polite discussion into an argument.

Question for the board: I don't suspect WDW will at any point have a vaccine requirement (although DL certainly might!), but I wonder if we might see some things in regards to reopening of shows, VIP stuff, character meals...might those types of things be phased back in with a testing/vaccine requirement?

Question for the board: I don't suspect WDW will at any point have a vaccine requirement (although DL certainly might!), but I wonder if we might see some things in regards to reopening of shows, VIP stuff, character meals...might those types of things be phased back in with a testing/vaccine requirement?
I doubt it. Too hard to enforce at the parks, vaccine wise. If testing gets quicker, more reliable, and cheaper they could institute a testing requirement for certain things, but even that is a stretch. Disney isn’t going to want to be stuffing a Qtip into someone’s brain on a trip to WDW.
Now DCL is possible, but not parks. This has been debated a bit on this thread the past 10+ pages though.

WDW can’t require vaccines to enter. How in the world would that be implemented?

You know originally, I didn't think WDW would have a vaccine requirement. But as more and more places around the world are announcing their (tentative) plans to require vaccines in order to be able to attend crowded venues, and as more platforms are in development... it wouldn't surprise me if WDW does require them. I hope not but... I think 2020 has shown us anything is possible.

Technically, they legally can. It's private property. I'm guessing it would be done through the digital programs that are in development now - proof of vaccination via anonymous QR code.
But the vaccine is only approved for emergency use, not full FDA requirement. Disney isn’t going to wade into that minefield to start requiring it.

Someone reported this in this thread yesterday (not the article, just what they experienced which is pretty much what was reported in the article). I imagine the child-seat plexiglass arrangement in Soarin' is coming out soon. Waiting to hear about Star Tours as well.

First it was “high-backs” and wonder what they will pull out for this one...

“the virus doesn’t transmit through simulators”

On a serious note, sounds like Disney is losing its grip a bit. It’s a shame, they did such a great job in the beginning of this thing.

Might be time for no excuses on lack of fireworks and nighttime entertainment.

On a serious note, sounds like Disney is losing its grip a bit. It’s a shame, they did such a great job in the beginning of this thing.

Just shows that fireworks and nighttime entertainment is really only being held back due to financial reasons. Not because of social distancing.

They will hand out the clear, bubble umbrellas for fireworks...

Actually... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter