Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is when I find these rolling cancellations absolutely ridiculous. I can see they’re still trying to open & need to limit capacity to the ppl who are already booked, thats fine. But don’t ppl guessing til weeks before their trips.

This is when I find these rolling cancellations absolutely ridiculous. I can see they’re still trying to open & need to limit capacity to the ppl who are already booked, thats fine. But don’t ppl guessing til weeks before their trips.

I agree they need to give better lead time, their warning has been pretty terrible throughout although I give them leeway for the initial closure.

But at the same time, I think they’re almost past the making everyone happy point. If they cancel on the early side you have people complaining they totally could have opened if X, Y, and Z and it’s not fair they gave up on their time period. If they do hold out as long as they can you have people upset they had very little warning.

I want to hug all the phone CMs, from a distance.

So has Disney canceled anyone’s existing June reservation to this point?
They have cancelled reservations with arrivals up to (but not including) June 1. I do find it interesting that they implemented DL’s freeze on new June reservations earlier this week but didn’t implement WDW’s until today. When they did the initial reservation freeze, both resorts implemented it at the same time. This time, not the case.

They have cancelled reservations with arrivals up to (but not including) June 1. I do find it interesting that they implemented DL’s freeze on new June reservations earlier this week but didn’t implement WDW’s until today. When they did the initial reservation freeze, both resorts implemented it at the same time. This time, not the case.

Same pattern as announcing the closing, really. DL first, then WDW. They cancel a week at a time so as to not overrun the call center and travel agents.

If you have a June reservation, prepare for the forthcoming cancellation.

They have been methodically canceling reservations a week at a time, why would they then jump forward an entire month? The optimist in me says....

Realizing that if they only open with 20-25% capacity then they already have enough bookings, so they stopped taking new June bookings.

Or... They got confirmation the NBA will finish the season at Disney and they needed remaining June capacity to shift reservations around to clear a resort or two for NBA players and staff.

They have been methodically canceling reservations a week at a time, why would they then jump forward an entire month? The optimist in me says....

Realizing that if they only open with 20-25% capacity then they already have enough bookings, so they stopped taking new June bookings.

Or... They got confirmation the NBA will finish the season at Disney and they needed remaining June capacity to shift reservations around to clear a resort or two for NBA players and staff.

They didn’t jump forward. They have not cancelled anything. For all we know if they are closed past June 1st they continue with rolling closures.

June 1st is when they began taking new reservations for I believe, so this shouldn’t have been an issue previously.

It sounds like from Disney’s official statement that this doesn’t necessarily mean WDW won’t open before July 1, though probably not a good sign.

As always, Guests are able to modify these bookings subject to availability if Walt Disney World or Disneyland theme parks and resort hotels open before or after that time.

This makes me think they might be aiming to open the resorts for two to three weeks before the parks and don’t want people making reservations for the resorts thinking the parks will be open.

I can confirm, just Disney Springs dining showing in June. They were limited before, right? But not entirely gone?

FP booking still available into June (as far as 30 days go).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter