Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney can cancel anyone they want at their sole discretion. The one thing all of them had in common a few days ago was being booked on "special" group rates.

Makes sense as Disney has been cancelling large groups for June for a week now. Cheer competitions, conventions & conferences have all been being reported in various threads as being cancelled for the month of June. These special offer bookings are group bookings - sometimes very large (think August 😉) so they fit the group criteria for cancellation. They are giving more notice to the large groups apparently. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
Phased opening of Disney Springs is clearly a sign of parks reopening but I think this and other states opening now is clearly a trial. Let’s hope the curve stays flat.

They're going to watch the ongoing infection rate numbers and see how Disney Springs goes for a while before deciding anything on resorts and the parks. I know people don't like to hear it, but nothing further is imminent at the moment.

I suppose, but we know that isn’t what they’re doing at least in the beginning part of June because we’ve seen MK resort cancellations.

It all kind of seems like a slow dragged out death to June. I don’t know.
I legitimately think that they believe they need about 2 weeks to restart operations, so every week they are making a call on reservations a little over 2 weeks out. Waiting as long as they possibly can feels like being strung along but I honestly believe that every week they cancel 1 week hoping that they'll have figured out how to announce a partial reopen by the next week.

I assume going a day later this week was probably because someone important's calendar was too full and so they had to move their meeting out by a day.

@babydoll65 updated the late June AKL cancellation DP "He's a Florida resident and platinum passholder booked directly through Disney" so not tied up in a group...
Correct. This is coming from a Facebook Disney group I belong to. Was following along to see if other "late" reservations were being cancelled but they are all arguing right now and most likely will have the post deleted soon lol

@babydoll65 updated the late June AKL cancellation DP "He's a Florida resident and platinum passholder booked directly through Disney" so not tied up in a group...
Doesn't make sense! Disney has been cancelling a week at a time. Don't think they're changing that strategy. Something's not right with that FB post. Very "fake news" fishy IMO! Someone else here would have reported a late June closure by now if that's what was happening.

Doesn't make sense! Disney has been cancelling a week at a time. Don't think they're changing that strategy. Something's not right with this FB notification. Someone else here would have reported a late June closure by now if that's what was happening.
Apparently it's time for another round of "Operational Change or Disney IT?"
( @vinotinto don't miss out this time!)

I vote Disney IT done goofed. What say everyone else?

We received a Disney cancellation email this morning....but it doesn't list a reservation or date. We have multiple room only reservations in May, two in June, and July. I wish they were specific on which ones were cancelled.
Cant you go to MDE and see which one / ones is still there?

I legitimately think that they believe they need about 2 weeks to restart operations, so every week they are making a call on reservations a little over 2 weeks out. Waiting as long as they possibly can feels like being strung along but I honestly believe that every week they cancel 1 week hoping that they'll have figured out how to announce a partial reopen by the next week.

I assume going a day later this week was probably because someone important's calendar was too full and so they had to move their meeting out by a day.

I don’t disagree with you on the reasoning behind the slow cancellations.

I just think there’s a chance scattered reports of late June cancellations, if true, are indicative of mass cancellations coming. I believe we saw these kind of cancellations for the beginning of June earlier this week, didn’t we? It feels like a slow cancellation of the month rather than a sign theyre only cancelling certain types. TA/groups, then cash, then DVC.

Doesn't make sense! Disney has been cancelling a week at a time. Don't think they're changing that strategy. Something's not right with that FB post. Very "fake news" fishy IMO! Someone else here would have reported a late June closure by now if that's what was happening.
This was his post. I only asked how he was booked

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-05-14-11-49-38_kindlephoto-405167868.png
    Screenshot_2020-05-14-11-49-38_kindlephoto-405167868.png
    136.6 KB · Views: 147
I don’t disagree with you on the reasoning behind the slow cancellations.

I just think there’s a chance scattered reports of late June cancellations, if true, are indicative of mass cancellations coming. I believe we saw these kind of cancellations for the beginning of June earlier this week, didn’t we? It feels like a slow cancellation of the month rather than a sign theyre only cancelling certain types. TA/groups, then cash, then DVC.
I'm honestly surprised they jumped that far forward because they have been taking it slow to not impact the phone lines and call center CMs. Now it looks like a free for all and Disney said "eff it" to their call center CMs lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter