• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not saying they did a great job. Many didn't. We need to learn from that and not just blame our media. My point is we are not the only country that is closing stuff so if we are overreacting so is everybody else.
We were set up for a system where you just go to the doctor to get tested for something then he sends the sample to a lab and they take a few days to get the results. That system was built with a capacity for only so many test being conducted a day. When the system was stressed with something new it didn’t work.

Still so crazy / hard to to wrap my head around it

Just have to trust that people that are exerts in this /paid to make the advice they are given are doing the right thing (and going far enough) and that come April we are in a much more positive position

As much as it sucks (and it does) everything bring closed for 2 weeks is small price to pay in the grand scheme of things
This will be longer than 2 weeks. Peak for the us is still 4-6 weeks away and then expected to last 2-3 weeks. And the price this is going to cost will be a lot.more than people realize

This will be longer than 2 weeks. Peak for the us is still 4-6 weeks away and then expected to last 2-3 weeks. And the price this is going to cost will be a lot.more than people realize
My kids’ district sent out an email around 7pm closing schools for the next two weeks. Many other districts are doing the same. DH will work from home and the boys can largely look after themselves. I don’t know what we will do if daycare closes because DH needs to WORK from home; he doesn’t have time to entertain a four-year-old.

The economic impact is going to be brutal. DH and I were discussing it, and while we are going to feel the reverberations, we won’t be the first to take a direct hit. Tonight DH’s comment was, “what about all those kids who counted on school for breakfast and lunch?” I can only imagine the panic of lower income parents with no job flexibility who now have to find childcare and more food money on less than a day’s notice.

My kids’ district sent out an email around 7pm closing schools for the next two weeks. Many other districts are doing the same. DH will work from home and the boys can largely look after themselves. I don’t know what we will do if daycare closes because DH needs to WORK from home; he doesn’t have time to entertain a four-year-old.

The economic impact is going to be brutal. DH and I were discussing it, and while we are going to feel the reverberations, we won’t be the first to take a direct hit. Tonight DH’s comment was, “what about all those kids who counted on school for breakfast and lunch?” I can only imagine the panic of lower income parents with no job flexibility who now have to find childcare and more food money on less than a day’s notice.

That's why Chicago is doing everything they can to not close the public schools. I hope it works out okay. So many things can go wrong if the kids don't have school.

Let's stick to Disney operational information, comments and concerns. I understand there is a lot of uncertainty at all levels for this whether its schools, work, etc.

This is the Disney Rumors and News board. We are looking to stick to that here. I am sure other more appropriate places have discussions on other aspects.

We‘re here now, scheduled to be here until Tuesday. Staying at YC/BC. Nothing from Disney at the hotel. No phone message. No notice under the door. If I wasn’t watching social media and the Boards, I would not be aware. Weird.
I've got to imagine they are printing signage and working on informational material as we speak. Things are constantly changing. Lots still to be announced/decided too.

I'm curious if "resorts will remain open" means that they will remain open until they get all of the current guests out, but not admit any new check-ins? Or will they be operating as normal? At least until further notice... I realize a revised announcement of resort closures could occur at any time.

If the former, is it really fair to announce that resorts will remain open (implying that you can still show up and stay there as scheduled) if that turn out to not be the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter