• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have agreed to pay all CMs through the closure. I would think construction projects likely had money allocated to a budget. Now sure they have to shift some things around due to closures, but, I would think they could continue those projects and pay the bills knowing once they reopen, the likelyhood is people will applaud Disney for closing and taking it on the chin, and return to the Mouse House in droves. Will it be easy? Nope, but, it would be the smart thing to do

My wife knows some cast members, they are being paid their shifts. But this gives Disney a very rare opportunity, they can expense a lot of maintenance this quarter and have a cover for the investors. As a leadership transition quarters are always down and now with the virus closures, They can report their Q2 down with explanations and with the reopening, have a great Quarter over Quarter growth. They are paying the people anyway, get them in there and do some work. And take photos for marketing as well.

what other places?
disney cruise line probably will probably shut down before wdw
Movies. Movies theatres could possibly shut down.
adventures by Disney not much business there and could possibly shut down.
there hotels who wants to go to their hotels if no wdw or Disneyland. Except for the three in other places.
disney plus is safe but operates at a loss.
they do have all the tv channels abc,ESPN, Disney channel, free form and lots others.
Hulu and espn plus probably a loss there.
Most people don’t buy movies like they use to.

Disney's reach goes a lot deeper than that.

Attachments

• every-company-disney-owns-lg.jpg
    every-company-disney-owns-lg.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 37

A National Emergency is expected to be announced later today, so I don't know what impact that will have on any closings or travel. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I just want to say -- this.

Unplug a bit -- it will help the anxiety, at least for a while.

Last night I went out with my wife for dinner and to Target. It was nice, it was normal .. people were eating and shopping like normal.
Today, I attended my son's Fun Run at elementary school. The kids, teachers and parents were all having fun. You wouldn't know there is a "deadly virus" ravaging the country and closing down everything. (Because in our neck of the woods, there are no cases yet). It felt good .. it felt "normal', like take a deep breath.

Just don't go to Costco today -- my wife is there and she said it is a mad house .. a LINE to get into the store. There is still plenty of "panic" out there despite no local cases. Everyone is seeing everything shut for weeks and are planning on doing that themselves.

They have agreed to pay all CMs through the closure. I would think construction projects likely had money allocated to a budget. Now sure they have to shift some things around due to closures, but, I would think they could continue those projects and pay the bills knowing once they reopen, the likelyhood is people will applaud Disney for closing and taking it on the chin, and return to the Mouse House in droves. Will it be easy? Nope, but, it would be the smart thing to do

I agree, definitely would be nice to see, and it really is the perfect time.

They will try to open 4/1, but there is no guarantee. I know they want to, as that will be the busiest month for them until October probably.
When Disney World reopens it will be in a new reality that is far different than how we were living 3 weeks ago. We are almost certainly headed into one of the worst recessions in our history. I doubt the parks will be as crowded as they were last week for a long time.

A National Emergency is expected to be announced later today, so I don't know what impact that will have on any closings or travel. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Prime Minister Trudeau is expected to address the nation momentarily as well. His wife has Covid. It's expected he will be shutting down all international travel.
ETA: He just promised financial help for Canadian families.

When Disney World reopens it will be in a new reality that is far different than how we were living 3 weeks ago. We are almost certainly headed into one of the worst recessions in our history. I doubt the parks will be as crowded as they were last week for a long time.

And so many people on these boards wanted a recession so the prices would come down. Never thought we would get there this way.

So we've heard of closures from disney, universal, and cedar fair.

Still not heard from is six flags, sea world, and herchend.

Obviously the difference here is the first category has other revenue streams they can fall back on for a bit but the latter really don't. However especially with even trump finally calling a national emergency (which he was very resistent to) I think that latter category will likely have to announce closures today.

Been a crazy and weird few days.

Oh I hope so. Anything to make our insurance claim for rented points easier 😬.

No shut down, but he said first and foremost, to curtail ALL non-essential travel. They're going to be limiting incoming flights to only certain airports, there's going to be stricter screening etc... And said, they are still open to shutting down all international travel. Still trying to get caught up on the address.

And so many people on these boards wanted a recession so the prices would come down. Never thought we would get there this way.

Agreed. My guess is a ticket to a closed park would be pretty cheap. I hope its a short closing.

Way early but a friend of ours just bought a house near WDW. Hope that market stays good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter