Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Disney will open all the parks when they are able. Disney isn’t going to keep a park closed longer than needed because that’s lost revenue.
Will Disney want all four parks open if attendance is, lets say, 10 percent of the lowest attendance recorded during the peak of the 2008 recession? There must be some point where it’s not economical to have all four parks open.

So....what can we deduce from this? That when Epcot reopens, the entertainment is going to be gone while Disney tries to recuperate? Or, is this just a formality only for the shut down and they'll all be rehired when the parks open up?
I read on Facebook last night, sorry I did not screenshot and can’t find link, the guitarist of British Revolution pretty much stated they were done with their gig at WDW. It’s such a bummer, the great acts in between rides at Disney World is amazing and integral to the experience. I just hope everyone gets home safe and the decisions we all have to make get us through this and back to a place where we can enjoy great things safely.

Because....it directly goes against what the recommendation is from all professionals and will only in the long run make the situation worse. It's not about fun.

That is why this is going to be so hard to slow down and impossible to stop. People refuse to do what they are told to do. I'm in SC and my kid was out of school this Thursday and Friday. We are AP holders and had planned to come down but canceled. None of us are high risk and would likely had no issues even if we did become infected, but I don't think I could live with myself know I brought it back to my area and someone vulnerable died because of it. We are on lockdown at home until this passes, only doing what is absolutely required. Got a trip booked for May too for my 50th birthday. That's probably getting canceled too, but I'm waiting to see. I hate it, but DW will still be there after this is all done. How anyone could rationalize going somewhere like DW right now blows my mind.

I think you underestimate how much of a money maker Epcot is even in this state.
Yeah, If they went down to 3 parks I’m guessing it wouldn’t be Epcot that got the axe, right? Animal Kingdom or HS? I think people are really underestimating just how bad the recession we’re about to enter is going to be. The economic damage we are facing is basically the equivalent of a category 5 hurricane hitting everywhere in the world at once and lasting for months.

Yeah, If they went down to 3 parks I’m guessing it wouldn’t be Epcot that got the axe, right? Animal Kingdom or HS? I think people are really underestimating just how bad the recession we’re about to enter is going to be. The economic damage we are facing is basically the equivalent of a category 5 hurricane hitting everywhere in the world at once and lasting for months.
I can’t see them doing that. All four parks are huge money makers. While yes we haven’t seen anything like this before even during hurricanes and after 9/11 they didn’t only open some of the parks. If you did that you would have to change your ticketing. A ticket currently is valid for all four parks. You are decreasing that value if you do this. We are likely to just see minimal staffing and all four parks running.

Yeah, If they went down to 3 parks I’m guessing it wouldn’t be Epcot that got the axe, right? Animal Kingdom or HS?
But Galaxy's Edge is a game-changer, so the thought of keeping DHS closed is highly unlikely. Continued popularity of Pandora at AKL makes that less likely than perhaps in the past. But as rteetz said, there's not much chance they would leave any of the parks closed once they have the ability to re-open.

Does anybody know which DW parks are the most profitable and the least? I would guess that Epcot is one of the most profitable due to all the booked up restaurants. My order from most profitable to least would be:

Magic Kingdom
Epcot
Hollywood Studios
Animal Kingdom

Does anybody know which DW parks are the most profitable and the least? I would guess that Epcot is one of the most profitable due to all the booked up restaurants. My order from most profitable to least would be:

Magic Kingdom
Epcot
Hollywood Studios
Animal Kingdom
I don’t think anybody here has the official numbers. I would agree with that though. That said disney isn’t going to leave money on the table.

I believe that's a bit of a stretch.

I can’t see them doing that. All four parks are huge money makers. While yes we haven’t seen anything like this before even during hurricanes and after 9/11 they didn’t only open some of the parks. If you did that you would have to change your ticketing. A ticket currently is valid for all four parks. You are decreasing that value if you do this. We are likely to just see minimal staffing and all four parks running.

I could see reduced hours and more attractions going "seasonal" - but yeah, you open up a can of worms if you don't have all 4 parks open, to some extent

Magic Kingdom
Epcot
Hollywood Studios
Animal Kingdom

Probably the order, though do wonder if the lack of alcohol sales and then the higher number of CMs needed to run all the attractions and the parade and the cost of fireworks, etc might make MK look less profitable than we might think

Probably the order, though do wonder if the lack of alcohol sales and then the higher number of CMs needed to run all the attractions and the parade and the cost of fireworks, etc might make MK look less profitable than we might think

Probably true. Wouldn't surprise me at all if it were the most expensive to run, although I'm sure Animal Kingdom is up there too. I suspect cost to run from highest to lowest is:

Magic Kingdom
Animal Kingdom
Epcot
Hollywood Studios

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter