Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the right move. Been seeing some airport pics and it’s a disaster right now. There’s no good solution but you have to control the flow of passengers to minimize the risk of people picking up the virus.

Domestic travel at airports is completely normal (and less crowded than usual, so security lines are faster). International travel into the USA is a mess, but that's not relevant for current WDW guests.

Domestic travel at airports is completely normal (and less crowded than usual, so security lines are faster). International travel into the USA is a mess, but that's not relevant for current WDW guests.
My friends husband came home from Florida last night. Security took 1.5 hours

I think most all resturants and bars will be closing by the end of the week. Disney springs will be part of it but likely not all.

Hi. Feds just cut interest rates to zero. What does that mean? Does it help anyone else besides people buying a home or looking for some other line of credit? I just don't really know what that does.

The animal costs are there if they are open or not. You can't just stop feeding them.

Can they just close the DVC resorts? What does the contract with the owners say about this kind of thing?

Not quite the same thing at DLR because they’re not closing it to consolidate but all resorts are closing, but the DVC at Grand Californian closes tomorrow right?

It is an attempt to force money that is sitting on the sidelines into the economy instead of gaining interest.

How? Or is it too complicated to explain on a message board? :)

I googled. For the average consumer it doesn't really affect you unless home owner or buying a home or car.

bummer. :)

Last edited:
When people think it is risky to make investments into the economy they will put their money in the bank/treasury bills and take the sure return of the interest rate offered. The hope is that by taking that sure return away, they will put that money to work instead creating economic activity.

NYC schools closed until at least April 20th. Mayor believes it won’t open then. Classes might be closed till September. School year could be canceled.

Disney has said there will be no cancellation fees for trips cancelled that are booked through June 30th. So you can cancel right now with no cancellation fee.

I had 5-day park tickets that were to start today. I called Disney and asked for a full refund instead of having it applied as a future credit (and I don’t know if I’ll be able to come back in 2020). I’m Canadian (our dollar is weak). I’m expecting that there will be discounts next year, so I hope to be able to take advantage of those—if I’m not too impacted by the recession that is sure to come.

I googled. For the average consumer it doesn't really affect you unless home owner or buying a home or car.

bummer. :)

What is does help is if say disney needs to get a loan to help them through this stretch it will be easier to do at a lower interest rates. This will help businesses stay afloat which is needed to keep the economy afloat and to help make sure workers can maintain a job and be paid. So not directly but indirectly it affects all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter