Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are SO many problems with this... The verbiage alone tells anyone with half a brain that the mandates are more for "show" than actual remediation. For instance, when ever you see a word like "regularly", what it really means is, do whatever you like! Define Regularly: 1)after each use, 2)once per hour, 3)once per day. They all mean "Regularly". Now let's talk about compliance and enforcement...In a word: Impossible. The actual goal of this Task-Force is to figure out how to put thousands of people at risk; and at the same time make them feel as though they are safe!

‘Randomly’ is also part of the cleaning section as well. So not everything to be cleaned and wiped consistently... just randomly - but regularly .. 🤔

Not sure that doesn’t already happen on some level 🤷🏻‍♀️

Thought this was helpful We were a wish family and went to give the kids the world. We just got a email from them saying they expect to be closed till Saturday June 27th after communicating with there theme park partners

please see the important message from Give Kids The World President and CEO Pamela Landwirth below;

The COVID-19 pandemic continues to be a challenge for everyone and impacts each of us in ways we never anticipated. It is so hard to believe that the Village has now been closed for 6 weeks. While we don’t know what will happen next, we are working on plans for how we will reemerge from this crisis. One thing is for sure…we will get through this together and be stronger on the other side.

At this point we anticipate that the Village will remain closed through Saturday, June 27, at which time we will reassess the situation. We are communicating closely with our wish granting and theme park partners as well as other trusted advisors to help guide us in our decision-making.

If you are scheduled for volunteer shifts May 1- June 27, we will cancel your shift and reach out to you to confirm. If you would like to log into Volgistics and cancel your shift(s) on your own, feel free to do that. We will be sure to keep in touch regarding any updates and when we will begin to reopen shifts and welcome families back to the Village. If you have any questions regarding your scheduled shifts, please email our Volunteer Services team at volunteer@gktw.org.

Please know that I continue to hold you all close to my heart and hope that you and your loved ones are safe, healthy, and staying engaged.

With love and gratitude,
Pam
President and CEO
Give Kids The World
Phone: 407.396.0770

There are SO many problems with this... The verbiage alone tells anyone with half a brain that the mandates are more for "show" than actual remediation. For instance, when ever you see a word like "regularly", what it really means is, do whatever you like! Define Regularly: 1)after each use, 2)once per hour, 3)once per day. They all mean "Regularly". Now let's talk about compliance and enforcement...In a word: Impossible. The actual goal of this Task-Force is to figure out how to put thousands of people at risk; and at the same time make them feel as though they are safe!
I’m sure Disney and Universal will have even more specific rules for this. Much of this is a guideline. Companies can do even more if they want.

I’m sure Disney and Universal will have even more specific rules for this. Much of this is a guideline. Companies can do even more if they want.

exactly. My guess is that Disney will use this as a base and give these guidelines to the heads of each department, who will than come up with specific and detailed rules and policies for their specific department. These to me are just generic guidelines, to give a starting point.

Correct ... "IF"
Disney is on these task forces and is heavily involved in what’s going on. You think they are just going to open the flood gates and what happens happens? Disney would be asking for lawsuits at that point. Disney is being very methodical about this and that why we have seen such extreme rumors. They are going to do this as safe and best as possible.

Disney is on these task forces and is heavily involved in what’s going on. You think they are just going to open the flood gates and what happens happens? Disney would be asking for lawsuits at that point. Disney is being very methodical about this and that why we have seen such extreme rumors. They are going to do this as safe and best as possible.

There's a ton of unknown too.

50% of capacity - what does that mean exactly?
Parades/Nightshows/Character Interactions - etc - Disney will have to figure out what to do next.

I expect them do reply heavily on the premise: Perception IS reality!

You think they are just going to open the flood gates and what happens happens?
I actually think there are a lot of people on here that think that and hope that so that they can point fingers. Over the last two months, I have seen a growing group on here that post negatively every single post. It's definitely their prerogative, but it has definitely been noticed.

Thought this was helpful We were a wish family and went to give the kids the world. We just got a email from them saying they expect to be closed till Saturday June 27th after communicating with there theme park partners

please see the important message from Give Kids The World President and CEO Pamela Landwirth below;

The COVID-19 pandemic continues to be a challenge for everyone and impacts each of us in ways we never anticipated. It is so hard to believe that the Village has now been closed for 6 weeks. While we don’t know what will happen next, we are working on plans for how we will reemerge from this crisis. One thing is for sure…we will get through this together and be stronger on the other side.

At this point we anticipate that the Village will remain closed through Saturday, June 27, at which time we will reassess the situation. We are communicating closely with our wish granting and theme park partners as well as other trusted advisors to help guide us in our decision-making.

If you are scheduled for volunteer shifts May 1- June 27, we will cancel your shift and reach out to you to confirm. If you would like to log into Volgistics and cancel your shift(s) on your own, feel free to do that. We will be sure to keep in touch regarding any updates and when we will begin to reopen shifts and welcome families back to the Village. If you have any questions regarding your scheduled shifts, please email our Volunteer Services team at volunteer@gktw.org.

Please know that I continue to hold you all close to my heart and hope that you and your loved ones are safe, healthy, and staying engaged.

With love and gratitude,
Pam
President and CEO
Give Kids The World
Phone: 407.396.0770

I can see where these type of programs would not be included in the initial phases. Would probably wait till they can give these kids more hands on treatment (so to speak), with guides, etc.

I actually think there are a lot of people on here that think that and hope that so that they can point fingers. Over the last two months, I have seen a growing group on here that post negatively every single post. It's definitely their prerogative, but it has definitely been noticed.

Well I, for one, hope they open successfully and without a spike in cases. The sooner they get going the better off us fans are, no matter when our trips might be.

It seems like from the guidelines that they are taking away ALL plates, glasses, utensils, etc from rooms. That would affect those of us who are in villas or one bedroom suites that purposely booked those to make breakfasts/some meals in rooms in order to save some money. Defeats the purpose of the upcharge of the room to receive those things.
You could bring your own.

Well I, for one, hope they open successfully and without a spike in cases. The sooner they get going the better off us fans are, no matter when our trips might be.

I, a huge Disney fan, is hoping to see massive failure and maybe even a bankruptcy. :ssst:

But for real, and speaking of people who are hoping to have them open ASAP with little modifications, the only people who have voiced anything approaching that are those who believe this is all overblown, and the individual responsibility of people who are “scared” to deal with, basically the polar opposite of those who hold “negative” opinions.

I will be absolutely shocked if Disney isn’t extremely cautious with this opening, however and whenever it may be. I definitely expect precautions over and above whatever they are required to do by the state.

I'm kinda confused by the phases listed under these "guidelines and mandates"

Phase 1 & 2 - is that the government mandated phase 1 and phase 2? Or is that a phase 1 and 2 being created and imposed by the parks? Because on the White House's Website it say's for Phase 1:

"All individuals, WHEN IN PUBLIC (e.g., parks, outdoor recreation areas, shopping areas), should maximize physical distance from others. Social settings of more than 10 people, where appropriate distancing may not be practical, should be avoided unless precautionary measures are observed.

Avoid SOCIALIZING in groups of more than 10 people in circumstances that do not readily allow for appropriate physical distancing (e.g., receptions, trade shows)

MINIMIZE NON-ESSENTIAL TRAVEL and adhere to CDC guidelines regarding isolation following travel."

50% capacity of any park is definitely a lot more than 10 people, lol. And theme parks are non-essential travel. So I'm assuming this Phase 1 and Phase 2 is just something the parks are coming up with????

Also, why is there social distancing in line queues, but not on Main Street USA?? Do you just completely shut that down?

And I was surprised that there were temperature checks only for employees and not for park guests. I'm wondering if that help relieves Disney from any liability?

Just thoughts I'm having. Seems faulty to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter